I have been to a lot of away games. Went to BUF in 2007. Had a great weekend (aside from the game) and there were a ton of Ravens fans. I will preface what I am saying with I met a ton of awesome, super nice Bills fans prior to the game.

We had a group of about 40 total sitting in 3 different sections - mostly family and friends that were 30+ years old and clearly not looking for trouble. Had D cell batteries thrown at us when we pulled into the parking lot, AAA batteries (LOL) thrown at us during the game (the security guy standing 4 feet to my left looked at me and shrugged) and saw a woman Ravens fan I didn't know get sucker punched in the face by another woman walking into the concourse from her seats. A friend of mine who sat in a different section next to a Bills fan the whole game without exchanging one word turned to leave after the game and he got punched in the face. I wont mention the scene in the parking lot after the game that looked like it was bombed during WW2 and never cleaned up. It has been a while and that is a few quick memories off the top of my head.

Like I said I have been to plenty of other away games with varying degrees of this stuff. And I am no saint - have had a few too many at home games and sure I have said stuff and acted like an ass to away fans, but this was the only sporting event that I truly did not enjoy and felt uncomfortable with the atmosphere. Buffalo is a sad wasteland. I am glad I went to experience it, but would never go back if my trip was paid for. I hope they move to Toronto.

If you are going I hope that they have cleaned up their act and you have a great time.