Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Jax Game All Over Again

Why is this team guaranteed to lay an egg on the road against a bad team at least once a season?

At the end of the day, this is still a first-class organization, and you know they are almost sure to make the playoffs each year and do some damage in January.

But I just would like to understand why every year they are unprepared for these games in the regular season. It's almost like they don't care about these games, don't care about playoff seeding ("bleh, we just need to make the playoffs, and then we will just go on the road and win. Nah, let's just make sure we are healthy and get out of here"). Harbaugh must be letting this mentality grow in the clubhouse.

Re: Jax Game All Over Again

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    But I just would like to understand why every year they are unprepared for these games in the regular season. It's almost like they don't care about these games, don't care about playoff seeding ("bleh, we just need to make the playoffs, and then we will just go on the road and win. Nah, let's just make sure we are healthy and get out of here"). Harbaugh must be letting this mentality grow in the clubhouse.
    This in not college...it is the NFL and each and every team is made up of players that were the best on their respective college teams. John Simon was a starting linebacker and team leader at Ohio State. He can barely get on the field in the NFL. Everybody is good enough to get paid. Shit happens sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    This in not college...it is the NFL and each and every team is made up of players that were the best on their respective teams. Everybody is good enough to get paid. Shit happens sometimes.
    You look at a lot of Super Bowl winners and they had stinkers like this in their seasons too. It happens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    You look at a lot of Super Bowl winners and they had stinkers like this in their seasons too. It happens.
    But with this team it's a contant, every year. They can't or simply won't dominate in the regular season. They apparently trust in flipping the switch on in the playoffs every year.

But with this team it's a contant, every year. They can't or simply won't dominate in the regular season. They apparently trust in flipping the switch on in the playoffs every year.
    Or they just aren't good enough to dominate in the regular season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    This in not college...it is the NFL and each and every team is made up of players that were the best on their respective college teams. John Simon was a starting linebacker and team leader at Ohio State. He can barely get on the field in the NFL. Everybody is good enough to get paid. Shit happens sometimes.
    I beg to differ. There are certainly bad teams, bad franchises in the NFL. The Bills are one of them. Now, I agree that if you come unprepared, any team in the NFL is capable of beating you. That's what happened here.

Every team lays an egg at least once a year. The ravens are no different. Not sure why that's hard to understand. This is the NFL. Everybody gets paid. They can't play perfect or near perfect games every week. Heck no team looks pretty in every single win either.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Or they just aren't good enough to dominate in the regular season.
    This team just looks like a different team in the postseason. This is a bit like the Giants a few years ago. Perhaps the system the NFL has is flawed. They are not favoring the teams that work hard in the regular season enough.

I beg to differ. There are certainly bad teams, bad franchises in the NFL. The Bills are one of them. Now, I agree that if you come unprepared, any team in the NFL is capable of beating you. That's what happened here.
    There are bad teams but relative to the other teams in the NFL, the difference is still small.

There are very few teams that get through a NFL season without laying some eggs (or turds) along the way. After all it is the NFL!

Blog Entries

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather choke in the regular season and dominate in the playoffs, just as in 2012, than the opposite (cough, Falcons, cough, Patriots). But with this team, it's like they are saving it for the regular season home games and for the postseason. They just seems disinterested at times on the road in the regular season, which is 50% of the regular season. This is not right.

12. Re: Jax Game All Over Again

Once again this team (mainly the offense) struggles on the road. I had a feeling we'd look bad on the road again at Buffalo today, but I wasn't expecting us to be nearly this bad. Harbaugh has got to do a better job preparing this team on the road.
    You guys wanna hear a funny joke?

DEAN PEES............That is all