Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Boller is ready to lead

I was very pleased with Boller's performance at the end of the Cincy game and in the Jets game.

Looked much more poised etc.....

But let's not pretend that some people on this board don't go back a few years (Boller vs Min and GB) to back their arguments for him to be the starter.

Can't have it both ways.

PP

Wink Re: Boller is ready to lead

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    I was very pleased with Boller's performance at the end of the Cincy game and in the Jets game.

Looked much more poised etc.....

But let's not pretend that some people on this board don't go back a few years (Boller vs Min and GB) to back their arguments for him to be the starter.

Can't have it both ways.

PP
    C'mon Poe, you're misreading this.

The significance of the 2005 night games is that it was a watershed for Boller. After a mediocre 2005 midseason performance coming off his early injury, capped off by his nightmarish performance against Denver, Boller did an about-face to play like a born-again in those two night games. Followed by last season's 104 rating against the Panthers and Browns, and now the Jets game. He is on a streak of five full games (of six) where his performance has been as good or better than anyone in the league over the same period, excepting perhaps the superstars Manning, Brady, or Palmer.

Outside of Dec 2005 being the beginning of Boller's streak, those games have no more relevance than Mcnair's December games for the Titans.

He's on a hot streak, while Mcnair is in a downward spiral -- it's inevitable that, unless these trends reverse, Boller will be leading the Ravens sooner than later.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

With Mcnair's history with injuries this debate maty be moot. Boller definitely looks better than he has in the past but one game does not make a season . That being said Mcnair has been terrible his last 3 starts. I think I'll take a wait and see approach. Although I would love to see what Boller can do w/ a good offensive line and our current recieving corps for a full season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    C'mon Poe, you're misreading this.

The significance of the 2005 night games is that it was a watershed for Boller. After a mediocre 2005 midseason performance coming off his early injury, capped off by his nightmarish performance against Denver, Boller did an about-face to play like a born-again in those two night games. Followed by last season's 104 rating against the Panthers and Browns, and now the Jets game. He is on a streak of five full games (of six) where his performance has been as good or better than anyone in the league over the same period, excepting perhaps the superstars Manning, Brady, or Palmer.

Outside of Dec 2005 being the beginning of Boller's streak, those games have no more relevance than Mcnair's December games for the Titans.

He's on a hot streak, while Mcnair is in a downward spiral -- it's inevitable that, unless these trends reverse, Boller will be leading the Ravens sooner than later.
    And he was TERRIBLE against the Browns after the 2 nice games in 05.

Im sick of debating this with you. Your constant hype of his 104 rating last year is nauseating to me now. I saw him play with my own eyes. You ignore the tipped passes consistently and Im tired of pointing it out.

Boller is the backup. He played well on Sunday. Period. No more, no less.

You may think it's inevitable that Boller will be leading the Ravens sooner than later, but I don't.

Unless McNair is too injured to play, he will be the starter.

PP

Why are people's posts being mysteriously deleted on this thread?

PP

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

11 plays isn't exactly a "game" on the road, it takes at least four quarters to make a game the last time I watched one.
    When was the last time you watched a game, the 58 Championship?

I'm sorry, but if you tee it up I will whack it down the fairway.

FORE!

I agree Boller had a good game on Sunday. I am not not quite ready to turn over the reigns just yet. He always seems to stare down his receivers and often has passes tipped or blocked at the line. We are lucky to have him as a back up.

Damn That smackums is a great poster.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Um, McNair was playing much of that game with a groin injury, yet you want to blame him for one game?

McNair should not have stayed in the game injured. He should have taken himself out while a healthy QB took over.

McNair was selfish, and it got to the point were his injury hurt his play so much that he had to come out. McNair's erratic play caused several of the turnovers.

I sure hope McNair is 100% Sunday, because if his play suffers again because of his sore groin, we will be in for a long day.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Steve Air McNair is the guy to lead you to Superbowl 42 and 43 victories, not Loser Boller.
    Thanks the kind of deep analysis that makes reading here worthwhile.

What happened to Copenhaggard's post?

Who took it down and why?

PP

What happened to Copenhaggard's post?

Who took it down and why?

PP
    I saw that post and Smackums had a great post in it. I can not see a reason why it would be deleted? WTF....What gives mods?
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--