Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Boller is ready to lead

HOOOCK!

I actually would bring McNair back next week if his groin is good. I think both QBs bring something to the position the other lacks, but Boller is slowly getting better in his need areas but McNair can't do anything about his.

That extension looks like a great idea now, though, Boller may just be the starter again here. I am sure he will get more chances and if he plays like yesterday he will be given the nod.

As for his yards, the game plan was obviously to push the D and check down if they covered deep, which they consistently did. The Jets were bound and determined not to get beat deep so most of the throws were check downs, which is a GOOD THING, as Boller saw the coverage and did the correct throw. This should cause future defenses to draw up and give him a few more deep shots.

If what you point out is true, all a defense needs to do is play to stop the deep pass and Boller will be three and out every series!
    You are incredibly obtuse. What the Jets defense did they did the first 3 quarters and Boller checked down and put up 20 points on them. They then sold out to stop the run but our game plan at that point was to run clock and trust the defense.

If the game plan had stayed as it should have we would have probably put up another score. But a 14 point lead with our defense screams "DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER." Unfortunately, playing very conservatively and letting our defense play did not work. That is NOT Boller's fault, but I am sure in your mind he had something to do with the airliner that crashed over the weekend.

If the Cardinals play their defense next week like the Jets did in the fourth quarter the Ravens could be shut out!
    Only if we try and run the ball into 9 in the box. I am quite sure Billick's game plan will be to stretch the defense if Boller starts. If McNair starts we will get more of a west coast short passing game.

And yes, Boller threw short a lot yesterday, when it was called for, and he managed that into 20 points in less then 3/4 of a game. It should have been plenty.

You really hate Boller and you really don't understand football.

[
    "Boller should have seen that the receiver was stride for stride with Williams and by now should realize you don't throw a deeep ball to a receiver unless he at least has a step on the defense."

Tex..... NFL QB's can't wait until a man has a step on a defender. They must throw the ball way before that happens. This isn't sand lot. On a deep pass, the QB reads the safety , then decides to throw or check off, not wait to see what happens 30 yards downfield. Get a clue.

4. Re: Boller is ready to lead

You can't always trust the defense, and thats not Boller's fault or the offense. Its Billick's, going 20-6 isn't a safe score in the nfl it needs to be 30-6 at least incase the defense does get beat. But its not boller's fault, he is running the plays he is told to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter
    If the Cardinals play their defense next week like the Jets did in the fourth quarter the Ravens could be shut out!
    :grbac:

Dumb, dumb, dumb. This guy's posts really borders on spam.

Boller was very impressive. As far as his comfort level and poise in the pocket it was the best I've seen him look. My hope is that McNair has really helped him + the stronger receiving corps and he should be ready to take over whenever McNair is injured or when he retires.

7. Re: Boller is ready to lead

yep taking stats from 2 years ago is a great idea. i feel like all the boller haters need to go buy calendars or something so we can welcome them to 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by REEDandRAYact View Post
    yep taking stats from 2 years ago is a great idea. i feel like all the boller haters need to go buy calendars or something so we can welcome them to 2007.

That is the issue. Some people, not that smart people IMO, like to talk about McNairs stats as a Titan and Boller's starts his 1st 3 years throwing to bum WRs behind a sieve of a line.

Not a viable comparison, because those are the players we have now, or the team we have now.

Right now McNair plays for the Baltimore Ravens, and I want to know what have you done for me lately, other than look back your last 4-5 or so starts?

Conversely, Boller now gets to play with good WRs, a healthy Heap, and a young improving O-line. And he is also healthy.

So really, comparing stats is a joke. Teams change and players change and grow some improve and some are on their way down.

When I look at McNair at McNabb, I see an age group of players who will be backups or retired within the next couple of years.

He looked pretty composed having to come in and try to win the game in Cincy and then had a very solid game in Baltimore i think the Kid may finally be ready for the NFL

It was a home game where it is a whole lot easier to show poise than in a hostile road environment which is where Boller usually has his most ugly performances.
    He was very poised in Cincy, late in the game, coming in cold, hostile environment, in the red zone with pressure about as high as it can get in a regular season game. He made a mechanically poor throw to Darling that missed and you could make an argument the last throw to Heap was too hard, but it had to be squeezed into a tight area. Other that that he played those minutes very well, very composed and even you have to admit, got the tying TD he was then robbed of. So please, he can perform on the road.

Did you forget about the comeback against the Jets in 2004 with the two tying TD drives in the 4th plus overtime drive to the winning FG? I would say yes, you have.

In other words, it's a "small sample size" and you don't like it, so let's pretend it never happened. This transparent bias is exactly why people occasionally find you amusing but never take you seriously.

By the way, the Bengals game is not really a "sample size," it's reality, and happens to be the most recent game Boller played on the road. And McNair wasn't exactly a road warrior in that game with his four turnovers, in case you missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    Boller may have somewhat improved by watching McNair and sitting on the bench but common sense should tell you that you don't get better over the course of a year by not playing.
    Way to contradict yourself within the same sentence. :insane:

More epic logic from Tex.