Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: Boller is ready to lead

You can't always trust the defense, and thats not Boller's fault or the offense. Its Billick's, going 20-6 isn't a safe score in the nfl it needs to be 30-6 at least incase the defense does get beat. But its not boller's fault, he is running the plays he is told to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter
    If the Cardinals play their defense next week like the Jets did in the fourth quarter the Ravens could be shut out!

Dumb, dumb, dumb. This guy's posts really borders on spam.

Boller was very impressive. As far as his comfort level and poise in the pocket it was the best I've seen him look. My hope is that McNair has really helped him + the stronger receiving corps and he should be ready to take over whenever McNair is injured or when he retires.

yep taking stats from 2 years ago is a great idea. i feel like all the boller haters need to go buy calendars or something so we can welcome them to 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by REEDandRAYact View Post
    yep taking stats from 2 years ago is a great idea. i feel like all the boller haters need to go buy calendars or something so we can welcome them to 2007.

That is the issue. Some people, not that smart people IMO, like to talk about McNairs stats as a Titan and Boller's starts his 1st 3 years throwing to bum WRs behind a sieve of a line.

Not a viable comparison, because those are the players we have now, or the team we have now.

Right now McNair plays for the Baltimore Ravens, and I want to know what have you done for me lately, other than look back your last 4-5 or so starts?

Conversely, Boller now gets to play with good WRs, a healthy Heap, and a young improving O-line. And he is also healthy.

So really, comparing stats is a joke. Teams change and players change and grow some improve and some are on their way down.

When I look at McNair at McNabb, I see an age group of players who will be backups or retired within the next couple of years.

He looked pretty composed having to come in and try to win the game in Cincy and then had a very solid game in Baltimore i think the Kid may finally be ready for the NFL

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

It was a home game where it is a whole lot easier to show poise than in a hostile road environment which is where Boller usually has his most ugly performances.
    He was very poised in Cincy, late in the game, coming in cold, hostile environment, in the red zone with pressure about as high as it can get in a regular season game. He made a mechanically poor throw to Darling that missed and you could make an argument the last throw to Heap was too hard, but it had to be squeezed into a tight area. Other that that he played those minutes very well, very composed and even you have to admit, got the tying TD he was then robbed of. So please, he can perform on the road.

Did you forget about the comeback against the Jets in 2004 with the two tying TD drives in the 4th plus overtime drive to the winning FG? I would say yes, you have.

In other words, it's a "small sample size" and you don't like it, so let's pretend it never happened. This transparent bias is exactly why people occasionally find you amusing but never take you seriously.

By the way, the Bengals game is not really a "sample size," it's reality, and happens to be the most recent game Boller played on the road. And McNair wasn't exactly a road warrior in that game with his four turnovers, in case you missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    Boller may have somewhat improved by watching McNair and sitting on the bench but common sense should tell you that you don't get better over the course of a year by not playing.
    Way to contradict yourself within the same sentence.

More epic logic from Tex.

I was very pleased with Boller's performance at the end of the Cincy game and in the Jets game.

Looked much more poised etc.....

But let's not pretend that some people on this board don't go back a few years (Boller vs Min and GB) to back their arguments for him to be the starter.

Can't have it both ways.

PP

Wink Re: Boller is ready to lead

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    I was very pleased with Boller's performance at the end of the Cincy game and in the Jets game.

Looked much more poised etc.....

But let's not pretend that some people on this board don't go back a few years (Boller vs Min and GB) to back their arguments for him to be the starter.

Can't have it both ways.

PP
    C'mon Poe, you're misreading this.

The significance of the 2005 night games is that it was a watershed for Boller. After a mediocre 2005 midseason performance coming off his early injury, capped off by his nightmarish performance against Denver, Boller did an about-face to play like a born-again in those two night games. Followed by last season's 104 rating against the Panthers and Browns, and now the Jets game. He is on a streak of five full games (of six) where his performance has been as good or better than anyone in the league over the same period, excepting perhaps the superstars Manning, Brady, or Palmer.

Outside of Dec 2005 being the beginning of Boller's streak, those games have no more relevance than Mcnair's December games for the Titans.

He's on a hot streak, while Mcnair is in a downward spiral -- it's inevitable that, unless these trends reverse, Boller will be leading the Ravens sooner than later.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

With Mcnair's history with injuries this debate maty be moot. Boller definitely looks better than he has in the past but one game does not make a season . That being said Mcnair has been terrible his last 3 starts. I think I'll take a wait and see approach. Although I would love to see what Boller can do w/ a good offensive line and our current recieving corps for a full season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    C'mon Poe, you're misreading this.

The significance of the 2005 night games is that it was a watershed for Boller. After a mediocre 2005 midseason performance coming off his early injury, capped off by his nightmarish performance against Denver, Boller did an about-face to play like a born-again in those two night games. Followed by last season's 104 rating against the Panthers and Browns, and now the Jets game. He is on a streak of five full games (of six) where his performance has been as good or better than anyone in the league over the same period, excepting perhaps the superstars Manning, Brady, or Palmer.

Outside of Dec 2005 being the beginning of Boller's streak, those games have no more relevance than Mcnair's December games for the Titans.

He's on a hot streak, while Mcnair is in a downward spiral -- it's inevitable that, unless these trends reverse, Boller will be leading the Ravens sooner than later.
    And he was TERRIBLE against the Browns after the 2 nice games in 05.

Im sick of debating this with you. Your constant hype of his 104 rating last year is nauseating to me now. I saw him play with my own eyes. You ignore the tipped passes consistently and Im tired of pointing it out.

Boller is the backup. He played well on Sunday. Period. No more, no less.

You may think it's inevitable that Boller will be leading the Ravens sooner than later, but I don't.

Unless McNair is too injured to play, he will be the starter.

PP

Why are people's posts being mysteriously deleted on this thread?

PP

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

11 plays isn't exactly a "game" on the road, it takes at least four quarters to make a game the last time I watched one.
    When was the last time you watched a game, the 58 Championship?

I'm sorry, but if you tee it up I will whack it down the fairway.

FORE!