Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Results 109 to 120 of 134
  1. #109

    Re: Boller is ready to lead



    Not to further slap you make you cry and whine, because you've been doing great, but here are my thought threads. Let's see, you say they have been ignored huh?
    Haw haw, thats paltry. I've had better stats talking about purple camaflouge underwear.

    First of all you've never slapped me or anyone else you act too much like a baby (oops did i offend...dont want to spin you into a tizzy to early in this post) to deal with any type of critism about Kyle. Say something bad about Kyle and off to Stingers Ignore list you go. Truth is your just hiding cause you dont want your face to hurt cause you've been slapped into yesterday so many times you had to take a whole fucking year off in therapy. Every board you go to there is always someone out there bugging poor little stinger and stinger alwasy says he has to stay away. Wah WAH WAHH. You always become discouraged or pissed or whatever and you make it like you are punishing the masses by your dramtic exits. GO! This way I can kick you out again. Thing is you'll just come back like a bitch and talk about Kyle like he's Johnny Untias.

    But Hey.... I am glad to see ya back.


    If you think 34 and 17 post is popular after all the shit you put in that damn post you need to get your head examine. You need to check out some of QB threads stats to get a clue.

    Go start a blog if your going to fill up this site with so much BS. Stop playing with your blackberry and maybe enjoy life or start a family. Way too much time to be sittng on the back of a boat posting on 24 fuckin 7
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray...
    _________________
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--




  2. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    4,945
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Boller is ready to lead

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    With all due respect, to where are you referring to a lack of poise. The guy stood in the pocket and made throws. I'm not saying he didn't miss deep balls. But his poise has been much improved since McNair's been here.
    "Poised" maybe wasn't the right word.....how about 'composure'......


    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    So you are saying that a young QB can't learn? Then I feel very bad for a lot of young QB's right now in this league. You make it sound like he hasn't improved since sitting behind McNair, and I will disagree with you every time on that.
    No. He has bad 'mechanics'!!! Has he learned some "poise" since McNair came? Sure. But the mechanics have always been the same and they won't get better!!

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Here's a hint before I respond. Take the "They must not drug test....." bullshit and save that for someone else. You want to have a real discussion, or do you want to sit with Tex and Crazyraven in the "no one takes me seriously" section?
    Fair enough...we're all adults I think.....that was maybe a low blow....


    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    All things being equal? Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. There was a reason at the draft that Brady was a 6th round pick. If people knew he was that good, he would have been a 1st rounder.
    Look, YOU used knowledge of him in 'current' terms in relation to comparing him to the 'current' Boller and Ravens. I merely stated that inserting him in the current offense (which you brought up) would make us a measurably better offense, even with the current playcalling. He is simply a better QB in all aspects!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    But let's remember Brady has a few things QB's in Baltimore never have. Not just Boller, but pretty much all of them in the last 7 years. Brady has an incredible offensive line. The dude can make and eat lunch behind that line before having to throw the ball.
    Agree with you 100%....I stated that in my original post



    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    But please PLEASE don't try to tell me we have a Randy Moss on our team.
    Here's Brady stats from last year: 3,529 yards and 24 TD's to powerhouse WR's Troy Brown, Jabar Gaffney, and Reche Caldwell and other position players. He put up great numbers with mediocre WR's. Now he has 3 excellent receivers and is really showing what he's capable of!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Oh, and Brady has a head coach that lets his OC run the offense, and would have run the ball on 2nd and 1.
    No disagreement there!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    All things equal? I would put money down that Tom Brady is not even CLOSE to the QB he is in New England if he's here in Baltimore. Not even CLOSE.
    If it were possible, I'd take my chances!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    And as for Brady's pocket presence? Here he could never have developed it here. A crap OL, and no veteran to sit behind before he played. You don't think Tom Brady came right out of the draft and played, do you?
    He came in for an injured Drew Bledsoe and was sacked 41 times!! and had a 86.5 rating for the year. In his second year (2001) he was sacked 26 times and had an 87.9 rating.
    In Boller's rookie year he was only sacked 17 times, but had a rating of 62.4. In his second year he was sacked the most in his career, 35 times, and had a rating of 70.9. Any way you stack it Brady is/was a better QB, given his stats!!!

    Got anything else?




  3. #111

    Re: Boller is ready to lead

    Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    "Poised" maybe wasn't the right word.....how about 'composure'......
    Composure and poise are two different things. Composure I can concede to you. Composure however comes from confidence in your teammates. After getting the crap beat out of you the week before, and for that matter for 4 years, how much confidence honestly do you think Boller has in his offensive line?

    That's why I used the word "shellshocked".


    No. He has bad 'mechanics'!!! Has he learned some "poise" since McNair came? Sure. But the mechanics have always been the same and they won't get better!!
    I disagree. There is one specific mechanic that if someone can get him to look at, could be a huge difference. We can see that he CAN make the throws necessary. He did it when he fired the bullet in the endzone for the touchdown. He's done it when he had to convert 3-4 4th downs. He did it twice on the first touchdown drive when his offensive line backed him up 10 yards with back-to-back false starts.

    The problem Boller has is that he throws sometimes when backpeddling without setting. When he steps into his throws, and we've seen him do it plenty, his throws are right on. So I don't believe that he can't be snapped out of back foot throws. It's not like he's never thrown the ball correctly before. Is it frustrating? Absolutely. Is it correctable? Absolutely.


    Look, YOU used knowledge of him in 'current' terms in relation to comparing him to the 'current' Boller and Ravens. I merely stated that inserting him in the current offense (which you brought up) would make us a measurably better offense, even with the current playcalling. He is simply a better QB in all aspects!!!
    I also disagree. Tom Brady in our current offense would yield MAYBE slightly better results. We've had now pro-bowl QB's in here multiple times (yes, even Tony Banks went to the pro-bowl once). We've tried two drafted QB's. The ONLY constant is that we continue to fall short and our QB's continue to get injured.


    Here's Brady stats from last year: 3,529 yards and 24 TD's to powerhouse WR's Troy Brown, Jabar Gaffney, and Reche Caldwell and other position players. He put up great numbers with mediocre WR's. Now he has 3 excellent receivers and is really showing what he's capable of!!!
    Troy Brown was not mediocre. Tom Brady also as I mentioned and you mentioned had an offensive line that hardly let Brady get pressured, much less sacked. Elvis Grbac went to the pro-bowl and passed for 4,000 yards the year before he came here. He retired after the 2001 season.


    If it were possible, I'd take my chances!!!!
    I thought McNair was supposed to be that chance. Here we are a year later. Bounced out of the playoffs, and McNair hasn't been the same since. Of course, once again our wonderous offensive line helped get him injured so he can't play effectively. Nothing new there.


    He came in for an injured Drew Bledsoe and was sacked 41 times!! and had a 86.5 rating for the year. In his second year (2001) he was sacked 26 times and had an 87.9 rating.
    Correct. Because the Patriots went out and upgraded the offensive line.

    In Boller's rookie year he was only sacked 17 times, but had a rating of 62.4. In his second year he was sacked the most in his career, 35 times, and had a rating of 70.9. Any way you stack it Brady is/was a better QB, given his stats!!!
    Boller was also injured halfway through 2003. Again, big surprise there. Boller's the only QB that his offensive line actually injured twice in his career. And BTW, that year between Boller, Wright, and Jamal Lewis didn't we go to the playoffs?

    As for 2004, we were 1:49 away from the playoffs, but that is another arguement that has been beaten like a dead horse. Again, Tom Brady wasn't throwing to Clarance Moore either.

    Got anything else?
    And then right after you sounded like you were apologizing for your earlier comment, you end with this. We're done here.




  4. #112
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    4,945
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Boller is ready to lead

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    And then right after you sounded like you were apologizing for your earlier comment, you end with this. We're done here.
    Come on man......I backed up what you said with facts and want to see if you have anything else to prove your point in regards to Boller vs. Brady. It ain't gonna happen so we're arguing over a stupid subject, BUT, I'll go out on a limb here and say that at least 90% of the posters on this board would take Brady in a heartbeat over Boller/McNair AND that we would be a measurably better team with Brady at the helm!

    Our O-line hasn't been that bad this year, even with all the injuries. McNair has been sacked 4 times and Boller's been sacked 5 times. Brady's been sacked 7 times. Thats only a difference of 2 sacks. The numbers don't stack up for your argument.




  5. #113

    Re: Boller is ready to lead

    Anyone who's going to argue our offensive line is as good as Brady's borders on the rediculous.

    The reason your "facts" don't add up is because like many who try to use nothing but numbers you fail to factor in other things. And trying to claim our offensive line is not that bad because Brady's only been sacked 2 less times shows a lack of ability to make those connections. I'll try to help you though. Add in hurries and hit while thrown into your equation and get back to us on how great our offensive line is as opposed to the Patriots.

    For a second, I really thought I was talking to Tex. The fact you're even making this arguement has shattered any credibility you may have had coming into our conversation. :/
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 10-22-2007 at 11:42 PM.




  6. #114
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    4,945
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Boller is ready to lead

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Anyone who's going to argue our offensive line is as good as Brady's borders on the rediculous.
    I never said our line is as good as the Pats. I said they've done an admirable job considering the injuries

    The reason your "facts" don't add up is because like many who try to use nothing but numbers you fail to factor in other things. And trying to claim our offensive line is not that bad because Brady's only been sacked 2 less times shows a lack of ability to make those connections. I'll try to help you though. Add in hurries and hit while thrown into your equation and get back to us on how great our offensive line is as opposed to the Patriots.
    I can make connections and read between the lines. I saw the Pats play the Cowboys who have a pretty good defense. They hurried him plenty of times, but like I've been saying about Brady, he moves away from the pressure. You'll see when we play them in a little while. Same with the Colts. I'll refer back to this for you after those games so maybe you'll understand what I'm saying!?!

    For a second, I really thought I was talking to Tex. The fact you're even making this arguement has shattered any credibility you may have had coming into our conversation.
    Whatever man. Brady is a better QB because of what they call "IT". It's the ability that can't be quantified with statistics. Manning has it too. They have that ability to throw and make good decisions when being pressured/hit. Are they perfect? Hell no! But do they make the stupid mistakes Boller makes? No

    Actually, on second thought, you're right, I'm wrong. Boller would be as good as Brady if he had the Pats' O-line!




  7. #115

    Re: Boller is ready to lead

    Its funny how the Boller huggers want to throw the entire team under the bus, yet McNair plays behind the same offensive line and doesn't seem to struggle nearly as much. Granted McNair is battling injury right now, but once he gets rigth I expect to see him back to his same methodical efficiency.

    Boller on the other hand, is a roller coaster ride. Sure, he can complete that amazing throw once or twice in a 60 minute span, but he is also going to go 3 & out on half his drives, stalling midfield and putting the defense out there in bad situations. He can't avoid pressure at all, instead of stepping up in the pocket he is going to tuck and run, usually right into the defense. Then we get to hear how its all the offensive line sucking or the defense sucking, the same units that seem to be light years better when McNair is under center.




  8. #116

    Re: Boller is ready to lead

    Actually, on second thought, you're right, I'm wrong. Boller would be as good as Brady if he had the Pats' O-line!
    This is what he truly believes. He also thinks Manning and Boller had Equal Rookie seasons, that is if you extend Bollers rookie year into his sophmore year. Go figure that one out.

    A healthy Mcnair made this team a 13-3 last year, Brady would only bring it to another level.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray...
    _________________
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--




  9. #117
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,417

    Re: Boller is ready to lead

    Boller on the other hand, is a roller coaster ride. Sure, he can complete that amazing throw once or twice in a 60 minute span, but he is also going to go 3 & out on half his drives, stalling midfield and putting the defense out there in bad situations. He can't avoid pressure at all, instead of stepping up in the pocket he is going to tuck and run, usually right into the defense. Then we get to hear how its all the offensive line sucking or the defense sucking, the same units that seem to be light years better when McNair is under center.
    Rubbish.

    First off, stalling at midfield and punting is hardly putting our defense in a bad situation. Sunday he committed absolutely no turnoves and at no time did he put the defense in a bad situation. They did that all by themselves with the continual off-sides penalties.

    As for you "3 & out on half his drives" if you have a solid take here let's see it. Where are your statistics to back this up and where are your stats to show McNair has done better.

    He was sacked one time Sunday, holding the ball too long and also scrambled out of pressure and getting 7 yards for a first down another time. Your take he can't escape pressure is nonsense.

    The offensive line isn't light years better when McNair is in, nor is McNair. JO played last year, he hasn't this year. This effects the passing game a lot, a TE or back stays in to help Gaither a lot. This cuts down on the targets available. McNair was playing with Terry who needs less help. McNair had Flynn. Boller has been the one playing with 3 rookies on the OL. Yes, McNair had some time in that combo so here's a challenge to your premise, PROVE IT! What were McNair's stats compared to Boller's when playing with the 3 rookies on the line.

    By the way, I am not one who is calling for Boller to start over McNair (when healthy). It is getting close for me but I want to see McNair healthy before passing final judgement. But Boller played fine Sunday. Not good enough to carry a team to the win but if special teams or the defense had stepped up at all we win the game.

    So come on, let's see some links to back up your comparisons. I'll wait.




  10. #118

    Wink Re: Boller is ready to lead

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Its funny how the Boller huggers want to throw the entire team under the bus, yet McNair plays behind the same offensive line and doesn't seem to struggle nearly as much.


    Doesn't struggle as much? Then why isn't he scoring TD passes? Or can't throw beyond 5 yards?

    Have you been watching the same Ravens games as I have? McNair's sucktitude goes back to at least the Buffalo home game last season. I don't think it's the injury -- he's nearing the washed up phase, if not already there.

    True, a healthy McNair may have made one of the three short passes called around the 2:00 mark; but there's no way he would have made those long passes made by Boller to the WRs, or the 4th & long TD pass to Mason.

    Total team effort - we would have lost with either QB.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  11. #119

    Re: Boller is ready to lead

    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    True, a healthy McNair may have made one of the three short passes called around the 2:00 mark; but there's no way he would have made those long passes made by Boller to the WRs, or the 4th & long TD pass to Mason.

    Total team effort - we would have lost with either QB.
    That is pretty much my point. No, McNair may not have made those two throws, but 90 percent of the time neither does Boller. Thats why he is going 3 & out all the time.




  12. #120
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,417

    Re: Boller is ready to lead

    I would estimate taht 90% of the time he doesn't make that good a throw, . . .
    What is his completion percentage? I think it is a bit more than 10%. This is your problem, you can't logically debate the issue, you hate Boller and go right into ridiculous hyperbole with each and every post of yours.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland