Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Boller is ready to lead

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    McNair playing hurt is still more effective than Boller, even if he isn't the McNair that led the team to a 13-3 record last season.
    After the Bengals and yesterday's debacle, I can't believe you actually said that. Sad, really sad.
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

I've long since figured out that a hurting McNair is not helping our chances at all and that even a blind-a** bat can see it. That good enough for you?
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

I think the line held up fairly well yesterday. How many times was McNair sacked?

It's just silly to argue over who is better in the redzone. It's a slam dunk by Boller. He threw for 2 TDs in the Jets game and basically one in the Natti game while in the redzone. One huge advantage Boller has is his ability to roll out of the pocket. He can create more misdirection and maybe even score with his legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    I cannot believe anyone would think Boller would have fared much better yesterday with the same lack of protection McNair was getting. Yanda wasn't even slowing down his man. Boller is not as good as McNair at avoiding sacks. You figure it out!
    Boller isn't quite as good as Mcnair i fumbling the ball and throwing interceptions either. Bash Boller all you want (cuz that has become a compulsion for you), but please don't rate Mcnair as a messiah who is better than Boller in every aspect of game. Oh yeah I forgot you don't watch games.

Wait, lack of protection???

How many times was McNair sacked yesterday? I believe the number was ZERO.

Some of this defense is getting a little rediculous.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG
    Some of this defense is getting a little rediculous.
    It's been ridiculous, it's just getting worse. And even more repetitive, if that's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    It's been ridiculous, it's just getting worse. And even more repetitive, if that's possible.
    It's funny, when someone would cite poor WRs, poor pass protection and bad offensive schemes for Boller's first few years they were accused of making excuses by the Haters. No excuses for QBs was the motto.

Now that McNair is QB suddenly it's ok. They forget that McNair has a MUCH better OLine and his 3rd WR, DWill, is better than all of the WRs Boller had early on. Hater hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Tex, this isn't a lousy group of receivers, they are quite good, you just CAN'T blame McNair so now it is the receivers. Boller has played better with them, he had the bad ones with Travis Taylor and the band of pizza delivery guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Boller has played better with them, he had the bad ones with Travis Taylor and the band of pizza delivery guys.
    Hey, you aren't dissing Kevin Johnson, are you? Why, he had a great career after he left the Ravens with -- oh -- never mind.

And Travis Taylor, look at what he did with the Raiders this year! Oh -- he got cut? Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    Hey, you aren't dissing Kevin Johnson, are you? Why, he had a great career after he left the Ravens with -- oh -- never mind.

And Travis Taylor, look at what he did with the Raiders this year! Oh -- he got cut? Who knew?

Travis Taylor. Journeyman wide receiver. Cut from the Raiders after being cut from the Vikings.

This is where my respect level for people like Tex drops even farther than when he was just outright bashing Boller.

When Boller was getting planted on his ass 2 out of 4 drop-backs because our line couldn't pass block a pop-warner defensive line, it was all Boller's fault.

When Boller missed Todd Heap for 10 games in 2004, and was throwing to guys like Travis Taylor, Clarance Moore (who in 2004 was the #1 WR on our roster thanks to Taylor pulling his groin in game 1), Kevin Johnson, Frank Sanders, Ron Johnson and Terry Jones. It was all Boller's fault. BTW, where are all these guys now?? Heap excluded in that last question of course.

When Jamal Lewis missed 1/4th of the season because he decided it was a good idea to set up a coke deal for a friend of his, missing key games like @ New England, and @ Philly, and our number 1 RB was Chester Taylor, that didn't matter. It was all Boller's fault.

Now all of a sudden, we have an up and coming offensive line that can actually go full games without giving up a single sack, and wide receivers that can catch the ball and run afterwards, and a running back that is better than the one that left. But McNair is not responsible for any of the problems or bad throws he's made.

Incredible. But not suprising.

I do find it funny that it's also not suprising that with an actual supporting cast around him that can play NFL football, Kyle Boller all of a sudden looks like a better QB. It's amazing what kind of confidence you can begin to accrue when you know your offensive line won't get you killed, and if you hit your receiver in the numbers with the ball, 99 out of 100 times they'll hold onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    Mcnair has a lifetime rating far superior to Boller genius. Look it up if you don't believe me. Oh, I forgot, you know it all don't you? Where do you get off making false and fabricated statements that I don't watch games? I guess I don't post here either? :insane:
    You don't even realize I am not bashing Boller I am actually now defending his and McNair's Red Zone TD scoring problem because it ain't the quarterbacks who are the problem!
    wow now u r talking about rating, then what about Boller's rating last year. If I am not mistaken then u r the guy who keeps on ripping Boller saying his rating does not matter, but when it comes to Mcnair rating is the one stat you use. At the same time if u only take out his MVP season out of Mcnair's career, he is a 16td and 10 int QB, so good for a great QB

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Yeah, but what you are missing is neither McNair or Boller are putting up bad stats but yet the problem scoring in the redzone remains as well as throwing deep.
    Boller is 2 for 4 in the red zone this year, 3 for 4 if the refs don't call that horrid PI on Heap.