Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Boller is ready to lead

Here's another vote for Mr. Boller. Problem is, Ravens are SO-SO at QB. We still need to rely on the D
    and special teams to keep us in the game. If one game is a
    measurement, I can see that Kyle has improved, but it takes
    more than that.

One other point..... Kyle man has always taken what I call unfair
    criticism by our "fans". The guy does nothing but keep giving it his
    best while taking all the BS the fans can dish out. In my opinion he is a SOLID BACKUP.

Considering McNair's 2nd year fade, I'd start Kyle. Based on his
    apparent improvement in last sundays game, he'd be my starter.

He needs the support of the team players on offense as well.

That's my story and I'm stickin to it!!

:usa:

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    Your last sentence was confirmed last night by none other than Billick himself on his call - in show. A caller asked if Boller continued to play well and McNair not so well would he ever consider benching McNair and giving the starter job back to Boller. Billick emphatically said the only circumstance where Boller would ever start over McNair would be due to injury. So please lets put a rest to this Boller starting crap once and for all. Thank God Billick has more sense than a handful of posters on this forum! Billick also said those who are hypercritical of McNair's performance in week one must realize that he was playing with a groin injury most of the game which hindered his performance.
    I'd say Billick should choose his words more carefully. If McNair has lost it (and he may have), Billick WILL NOT play him. It's not about loyalties. Its about winning football games. Supporting a player in a die-hard manner is fine. But not once he has lost it and is hurting the team. We'll just have to wait and see.

:usa:

Of course Billick isn't going to say he would pull him. Why create that kind of controversy before it is even an issue? Obviously Billick isn't going to let Mcnair play game after game like he did in Cincy and against Indy last year. I'm sure McNair knows this as well. One of the cardinal rules in the NFL is to not take a coach's word as gospel.

The thread title made me laugh.

I'm sorry, Boller isn't leading this team anywhere and he is marginally improved from his rookie season. If you sincerely believe otherwise, I'd invite you to watch a Ravens game.

I don't know why you people torture yourselves over Boller. Do yourselves a favor and just stop trying to make him into what he isn't. He isn't a leader for this team, because leaders are also typically your best players. How many NFL teams have one of its worst players as one of their biggest leaders? LOL!

Also, this guy isn't the "QB of the future." More like the "Stopgap of the Future" until a QB of the future is found. Admit it, we struck out on the Boller pick. He was a 4th round talent with 1st round measurables and a likable personality. I'm sure if I met Boller face to face, I'd like the guy. I also would hope he isn't the starting quarterback.

5. Re: Boller is ready to lead

I love all the posters who come in here and say that Boller will never be a good starting quarterback. Please lend me your crystal ball so I know who to pick up in fantasy.

I can't believe I'm up here. But......

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    I'm sorry, Boller isn't leading this team anywhere and he is marginally improved from his rookie season. If you sincerely believe otherwise, I'd invite you to watch a Ravens game.
    Uhhh, we did. Last Sunday.

Ok, moronic thread may carry on now.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG
    Uhhh, we did. Last Sunday.
    Maybe we should be inviting FadeToBlack to watch a Ravens game, because it sounds like he might have missed that one.

Highwater needs to relax his alimentary canal , he has been a little bit on the anal side today.

I'm sorry, Boller isn't leading this team anywhere

Oh really, and "Gasping for Air" McNair is?

Stinger, if you are here to stay, and I hope you are, you should not be in the QB Debate sub forum. It is bad for the pancreas.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Heap86 View Post
    I'm sorry, Boller isn't leading this team anywhere

Oh really, and "Gasping for Air" McNair is?
    The team finished 13-3 when McNair came on board, even with a below average rushing attack. The Ravens have always had a great defense, last year was no exception. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out McNair was the x-factor who made the difference.

To add to the post above, it should be noted McNair's best statistic isn't his touchdowns or QB rating, it's his winning. People say winning is a team stat, but so are touchdowns and interceptions, which are influenced by a number of factors including pass protection and the decision-making of the intended receivers. There is no pure stat to measure individual performance for any NFL player, but if the player is a major role player on a 13-3 team, that's noteworthy and he deserves credit for it. Especially if he engineers clutch victories in the final seconds, wins on the road and against playoff-caliber opponents, as McNair has.

P.S. This board is 100 times better than that abortion RN2. They delete every QB thread on site, and everyone knows the QB Debate is where it's at!
    Last edited by FadeToBlack; 09-22-2007 at 06:21 PM.