Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Boller is ready to lead

I was very impressed from what I saw from Kyle today. Great poise and awareness. I think McNair has made a big impression on him.

I think Billick would make a huge mistake to re-start McNair. Boller has brought a spark to this Offense. In my opinion McNair looks like he is done, he doesn't have another full season left in his tank. Flame me all you want, but Kyle is starting to look like we expected him to look along time ago.

I don't want to flush this season down the toilet putting shaky McNair back under center, he was a great QB, but his time has definatly past. McNair looked like Old Man River against the Bengals D (The same Bengals D who gave up 51 points to the Stains) Who guys know, I should'nt have to explain it.

Boller is no Peyton or Brady, but I think he is ready to lead this team to the promised land.

Re: Boller is ready to lead

I agree absolutely Boller is a better option at QB than Mcnair, and to tell the truth Mcnair was never special to start with, if you take out his MVP season, then he averages 16 td and 10 int every year. I don't think he has any die hard fans left in the forum, with the glorious exception of my hero Tex Ritter.

3. Re: Boller is ready to lead

Boller was ok, he throw for what 185 yards? But I still think you can't trust him for an entire season. Billick is still afraid to let boller throw the ball down the field. I think it is due to a lack of a deep threat. But for the amount of attempts Boller throw, we should have had more passing yrds.

4. Re: Boller is ready to lead

i'm more worried about final score and turnovers than passing yards. also i'm sure billick trusts boller to throw it deep. he certainly can't trust mcnair who hasn't thrown a ball more than 10 yards past the first down marker yet this year. both qbs have their positives and negatives, but i really feel kyle benefited from the year off behind mcnair and i think he has become a viable starter and a better option than mcnair.

5. Re: Boller is ready to lead

Then why does boller start good then he becomes old boller by throwing the ball up for grabs when pressured, besides no one on the offense side has the trust that boller can lead them crunch and down the field, I can definitly notice the other offensive players attitudes are when mcnair is qbing compared to boller. It is one simple word TRUST

Boller was ok, he throw for what 185 yards? But I still think you can't trust him for an entire season. Billick is still afraid to let boller throw the ball down the field. I think it is due to a lack of a deep threat. But for the amount of attempts Boller throw, we should have had more passing yrds.

I disagree, this Offense could have put up more points if Billick would'nt have slapped on the handcuffs after going up 20-3. Billick is well known for doing that.

After last Monday, I don't think we can trust McNair to get us through this season. He looks too damn old, Boller brought a youthful spark to our Offense. I was unsure about Boller at first, but after seeing him today, I would be more at ease with him at the controls.

7. Re: Boller is ready to lead

Quote Originally Posted by Heap86 View Post

I disagree, this Offense could have put up more points if Billick would'nt have slapped on the handcuffs after going up 20-3. Billick is well known for doing that.

After last Monday, I don't think we can trust McNair to get us through this season. He looks too damn old, Boller brought a youthful spark to our Offense. I was unsure about Boller at first, but after seeing him today, I would be more at ease with him at the controls.

Maybe a new head coach change is needed? Or and genius and aggressive offensive coordinator, Billick believes and puts too much trust into defense, That causes scary moments like this after noon, Plus remember people we were playing the Jets if boller can do this to the Colts, Steelers, Pats, Bengals, and Chargers then I will be on the boller band wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by baltravens20 View Post
    Maybe a new head coach change is needed? Or and genius and aggressive offensive coordinator, Billick believes and puts too much trust into defense, That causes scary moments like this after noon, Plus remember people we were playing the Jets if boller can do this to the Colts, Steelers, Pats, Bengals, and Chargers then I will be on the boller band wagon.

You don't need new anything. The team is fine, if we can start the right QB.

You saw what Derek Anderson did to the Bengals. How McNair performed last week was inexcusable. If Boller starts that game, its a blowout.

The key here is that Boller is now a 60% completion passer, and efficient, and can get in done in the redzone. Billick just shut down the offense to lock in the win. And its effective, they were never really in the game, only had a chance last minute to TRY to TIE THE GAME UP. Not something I was afraid of.

What interesting is that McNair is likely to get the start despite his poor performance his last 4-5 games and Boller's peformance.

Anyone notice how Derick Mason and Todd Heap suddenly exist again when Boller is under center?

9. Re: Boller is ready to lead

to say that the guys don't trust boller is ridiculous. that is probably the dumbest comment i have read in a while. not only have many players (specifically mason and heap) have come out in support of kyle, he proved his loyalty to the team by signing an extension when he had every reason to leave. mcnair was just what this team (and kyle) needed last year, but it is now time to hand the reins back over to boller.

10. Re: Boller is ready to lead

All I got to say is Boller, no winning seasons. McNair: playoff appearances and MVP and Super Appearance. I don't hate Boller and I don't diss your comments, But I also believe the organization needs to get Boller weapons if he is to be our future but I have to ask Why only a one year ext if he is the future of the postion for our team?:usa:

Good Lord . . . . do you ever stop

Boller had a good game yesterday . . . . deal with it. Is he the next best thing since sliced bread? No, but I'll tell you what . . . . he played a hell of a lot better then McNair did in our sorry ass loss to the Colts last year (remember that) AND better then McNair did last week.

Cripes . . . why do I even come into this forum . . . . it's the same old same old day after day after day. Hockkkkk . . . someone can moderate in here. I'm out
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

[
    "Boller should have seen that the receiver was stride for stride with Williams and by now should realize you don't throw a deeep ball to a receiver unless he at least has a step on the defense."

Tex..... NFL QB's can't wait until a man has a step on a defender. They must throw the ball way before that happens. This isn't sand lot. On a deep pass, the QB reads the safety , then decides to throw or check off, not wait to see what happens 30 yards downfield. Get a clue.