Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Boller is ready to lead

Give him a break? Give him a break?

You know what . . . . I'm gonna give him as much of a break as you give Boller. How's that for giving him a break.

He's old, he's hurt and he shouldn't have been allowed to step out on the field today.

I can't decide what's worse, McNair, the pathetic defense who feels like they just have to show up to win or the playcalling. I'm about sick of watching this and it's only the fourth game of the season.

:bag:
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

Bret Favre still has a cannon. Not a valid comparison.

I've been opposed to it, but I'm done defending McNair. The Ravens passing attack can be no worse with Boller. Time to give him a shot and see if he's came around or if we need to move in another direction (McNabb?) this offseason.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I am beginning to think no QB in the NFL would be effective in the redzone with the Ravens offense as their pitful receivers don't run crisp routes other than Heap.
    One of the football publications spent the off-season running tape of WRs on various teams, they rated the Ravens WR very highly for running very good routes and getting open.

And you just railed on somebody else for a take stating they had no way of knowing without seeing the coaches tape.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7033282

A great group of receivers hidden by a quarterback losing his arm strength and pocket dexterity. While neither Derrick Mason nor Mark Clayton had spectacular statistics last season, the offensive scheme they played in, and Steve McNair's quickness to check down caused some deflation in their numbers as opposed to their actual talent level. Mason remains one of the more reliable No. 1 receivers in football, a steady target who runs excellent routes and frees up space underneath while being double-covered. Clayton, on the other hand, is a star waiting to happen, a deep threat in the vein of Chicago's Bernard Berrian with an upside not dissimilar to Carolina's Steve Smith. He gained confidence as the year went along, and by the time the playoffs rolled around, was receiver No. 1A. He may have as good a chance to enjoy a breakout 2007 as anyone in pro football.

While third wideout Demetrius Williams is a step down from those two, he was a serviceable deep threat in his first season of playing time on offense, and is likely to see more action out of the slot as the Ravens open up their offense some in 2007. The real third option, though, is tight end Todd Heap, who's ready to assume the mantle of best non-Gates tight end in football from Tony Gonzalez as he enters his peak and Gonzalez leaves his. Heap remains an excellent end zone option and requires safeties to help out on him, creating space for Clayton behind them.

You're gonna throw Brett Farve into this conversation? LOL

Brett Farve can still make every throw necessary to be successful in the NFL.

Can you say the same thing about Mcnair?

Didn't think so.

Everytime you post you expose yourself even more.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    Actually McNair put up some pretty good stats if this was just fantasy football. Apparently some of you young whippersnappers who are making the Geritol jokes haven't heard of an older guy wearing Yellow and Green who has led his team to 4-0. I don't see anymore calling for this guy to go take a nap, or get a cane! Give McNair a break.
    Hmmm, I wonder why no one is criticizing Favre?? Could it be because Green Bay is UNDEFEATED and their offense doesn't go stone-cold DEAD when they get in the redzone?

Funny how when Boller was QB, the offensive woes were totally on him. Now that McNair is QB and the offense is STILL questionable, we should give the QB a break. Double-standard anyone?
    Last edited by bmoreravengirl; 10-01-2007 at 09:28 AM.
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Some idiot writers . . .
    Idiot writers that watched the actual game film and watched them run routes. You are depserately trying to hold on to your belief that McNair is better for this team than Boller when it MAY not be the case.

I haven't watched yesterday's game yet, I was working. But I can read what others I have faith in are saying.

but it has little to do with the QB.
    Really? Who threw three bad incompletions from the 11 into the end zone late yesterday?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I hope to God that Billick does switch to Boller because that is the only way some of you are going to see that he won't make any positive difference as he will have the same set of lousy Red Zone receivers and have Billick's lousy play calling to boot. Again, it is not the QB that is the problem. Think about it, this problem has been consistent throughout the Billick era. No matter who the QB is or the O.C. it has been the same frigging problem. The constant is Billick and lousy receivers (other than Heap who is usually double covered). I guarantee you that if a change is made it will just be more of the same ole same ole. Peyton Manning or Tom Brady wouldn't be able to pass for TD's in this pathetic red zone offense with such pathetic route running.
    Then why was it all Boller's fault when he was the QB, but now you want to give McNair a pass? Please answer honestly. .
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Really? Who threw three bad incompletions from the 11 into the end zone late yesterday?

And a pick.......and was called for intentional grounding?

And as for the comparisons to Brett Favre, give me a break! Let me know when Steve McNair, or ANY QB for that matter comes close to 421 touchdown passes. Favre can still throw the deep ball better than most YOUNG Quarterbacks!

Thank god I can't see Tex / DDay's posts on here anymore.

In any case, the reality is McNair is washed up. If you can't throw a pass longer than 10 yards, sit your ass down.

This defense can't carry the team like it did last year. And If you think they didn't last year, you're full of shit. McNair was consistent but pedestrian at best last year. The defense was still carrying the team.

We need a QB to put up pts in the redzone. I think that CAN be Boller. In any case, you should be finding out this year because right now McNair can't get it done. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Thank god I can't see Tex / DDay's posts on here anymore.

In any case, the reality is McNair is washed up. If you can't throw a pass longer than 10 yards, sit your ass down.
    Yeah, cuz McNair didn't throw a bullet to Williams for 25 yards with 3 guys hanging on him and his groin about to fall off...

McNair playing hurt is still more effective than Boller, even if he isn't the McNair that led the team to a 13-3 record last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Yeah, cuz McNair didn't throw a bullet to Williams for 25 yards with 3 guys hanging on him and his groin about to fall off...

McNair playing hurt is still more effective than Boller, even if he isn't the McNair that led the team to a 13-3 record last season.
    You're kidding right? You apparently haven't been watching the games then.

Of course you mysteriously, or not so mysteriously left out the interception and the intentional grounding where McNair was just trying to fling the ball somewhere while going down.

You mysteriously, or not so mysteriously, left out passes like one to Mark Clayton that was so far behind Mark Clayton that it landed right into the numbers of a Browns player that thankfully wasn't ready for it either.

Yeah, he has been so effective on a regular basis. Since the Colts game.