Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Re: Boller is ready to lead

Boller has 72 completions in 117 attempts, a 61.5% completion rate.

Boller stats

While not spectacular, its quite a bit more than 10%. Yeah, so every pass he throws might not be a laser but completes more than half his attempts.
    Last edited by flraven; 10-23-2007 at 03:09 PM. Reason: clarified
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Greg, I think I can safely speak for Kevlar in stating that what we mean is that for every thread the needle awesome laser type throw like the one Boller completed for the Mason TD he makes 9 that are not even close to being that good (not necessarily that they aren't complete but not close to that degree of difficulty or impressiveness. Or another way of thinking about it would be if he tried to make 10 superb throws like that (with that degree of pinpoint accuracy and difficulty) he would likely only hit one of them. You know, I know it, we all know it, that Boller is just not that consistently accurate on any particular throw period.
    And McNair would make 0 of them.

No QB has to make that many spectacular throws in a game, much less every pass, so your take is just . . . I am trying to be more kind but you make it difficult . . . your take is just way off the mark.

Boller's accuracy has improved and with more work it could get better. As it is he was proficient enough to win Sunday with an 82.1 QB rating. Fact is the defense gave up way too many penalties and couldn't get off the field and ST did nothing but keep the offense in a big hole most of the game.

This was not even close to being on Boller.

Quote Originally Posted by flraven View Post
    Boller has 72 completions in 117 attempts, a 61.5% completion rate.

Boller stats

While not spectacular, its quite a bit more than 10%. Yeah, so every pass he throws might not be a laser but completes more than half his attempts.
    He completes a lot of 5 yard check downs just like McNair. His Yards/Attempt is an abysmal 5.7, even lower than "noodle arm" McNair. But Boller is the strong armed deep threat. Yeah sure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    If you could wipe away those last three plays I could live with Boller's performance and actually view it as a major improvement for a road game. Unfortunately, you can't wipe these plays away, as they illustrate perfectly the major flaws still present in his game and why he belongs on the bench. He missed a golden opportunity to lead his team to victory on the road and merely tanked as usual. Nothing new here to add. Same old inadequate Boller who couldn't get it done on the road in the clutch.
    Ding ding ding....this is it people. Boller should be a lifetime backup for the Ravens. He doesn't possess the tools to make tough decisions on the road. But in his defense, Billick should not put him in the position to fail like he did on the last offensive series!!! Billick IMO takes 75% of the blame for that series of downs.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Ding ding ding....this is it people. Boller should be a lifetime backup for the Ravens. He doesn't possess the tools to make tough decisions on the road. But in his defense, Billick should not put him in the position to fail like he did on the last offensive series!!! Billick IMO takes 75% of the blame for that series of downs.

I can live with Boller being the Ravens backup forever.

Completely agree about Billick. He knows Boller's track record under pressure, even more of a reason to just hand the ball off to McGahee.

Boller should be playing ahead of McNair, McNair blows chunks and obviously can't throw more than 15 yards in the air.

McNair SUCKS
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    Billick shouldn't have to compensate for Boller's inadequacies. Its time to get him replaced. Should have happened when they had a much better kid in Derek Anderson on the roster. Even a regular fan named old19fan over on the Sunspot forum called it way back then when he was a Raven that Anderson was far better than Boller and showed much better potential and never should have been waived off the roster.
    So now when your former poster boy McNair SUCKS big time, you have find a new guy. Listen, hindsight is a great thing and Derek Anderson is playing well and he is obviously proving he belongs to NFL, but remember he was nothing more than a desperate throw of dice by Romeo when he put him in as starter in the second game. DA was an unknown quantity before this season. But still one can question Billick about getting rid of DA, who has a big time arm with great size to play QB, and sticking with someone like Troy Smith.
    Steve McNair has made a huge difference in the Ravens choking this season. Make no mistake about it. He finds a way to choke in the clutch. He has singlehandedly killed the Ravens season as I knew he would. All we needed was a real QB an he's not it. Damn you Steve for becoming a Raven and proving me right! Thanks for nothing Ozzie for getting him!!

Ozzie cuts players, not Billick.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Ozzie cuts players, not Billick.
    yeah you are right Greg, anyways I can't see Ravens winning more than 8 this season. McNair is done, cut him and sign Andrew Walter when Oakland will release him.
    Steve McNair has made a huge difference in the Ravens choking this season. Make no mistake about it. He finds a way to choke in the clutch. He has singlehandedly killed the Ravens season as I knew he would. All we needed was a real QB an he's not it. Damn you Steve for becoming a Raven and proving me right! Thanks for nothing Ozzie for getting him!!

McNair is done, agreed. But Boller should be given another shot. Why the hell not? We are 4-4 and we are 1-1 with him as the starter. If BILLICK makes the right play call against Cincinatti and does not put him in a situation to fail then he would look even better.
    The offense also seems to have a little more excitement when he plays because he is a threat to throw downfield. For one, he at least looks down field and if Clayton...or was it Mason...kept running he has an 80 yard TD pass at the end of the steelers game.
    The constant switching of QB's effect the receivers as well. As I just stated, I believe it was Clayton looked to be pulling up when Boller launched that pass late in the game. You go from a QB that can't throw further then 30 yards to a QB who can throw it 70. For Billick's own sake its time to go back to Boller and at least attempt to turn this ship around.
    At 4-4 the season isn't over but with the tough second half we have nothing left to lose.

If BILLICK makes the right play call against Cincinatti . . .
    We got the TD to tie, the horrible PI call is to blame. The problem with running down there is game time, did we have any time outs left?

Honestly I tried to put that game out of my memory as fast as possible but I do remember there being at least enough time to run the ball once and still spiking it setting up a fourth down pass if you needed too. I love Billick but I won't keep the blame off of him.

I don't think Steve McNair is going to take us to the playoffs this year. I don't think we'll get to .500 with him. I say put in KBoll for the year. at least his legs will help our o-line.
    QB is so hard to figure. they had a thing on the NFL network last week about all-time draft busts and most were qbs ( Leaf, Mirer, Shuler, Ware, Klingler, Couch, Akili Smith). meanwhile all 32 teams pass on Derek A for five rounds. and wasn't TBrady a 7th-round pick? I wonder how much starting with bad teams messes things up. Vinny T, Doug Williams and Steve Young all had rough starts and ended up winners. (Who was the guy with the Cheatriots back in the 70s, they dumped him and he won a SB with Oakland?)
    at least, maybe Coach BB will let Neuheisel run the o for a while.
    Baltimore Ravens, 2012 NFL Champions!