Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Re: Ravens brawl in DC?

Haloti-
    "Thanks" for that link!

A la Oedipus, I think I'll go stab my eyes out...;)

Some of you make it sound like "Sweat Pea" got on the bus and, without provocation, started swinging.

I'm sure something happened in between. I don't know what it was, and I doubt I ever will. But I'm not going to pretend to be sure Ms. Pea is completely at fault.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Did McKinney facemask anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Some of you make it sound like "Sweat Pea" got on the bus and, without provocation, started swinging.

I'm sure something happened in between. I don't know what it was, and I doubt I ever will. But I'm not going to pretend to be sure Ms. Pea is completely at fault.
    Until any statement or evidence is released to the contrary, why should we assume anything else? No one has come forward to try and claim this was anything other than her fault.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Also...FWIW, many players have these parties all the time.

All this uproar just sounds like people who already hate McKinnie just got another reason to sound off.

As long as Jacoby is ok, this is such a nonstory. It's obviously embarrassing to the parties involved and the Ravens, but to me, it's actually funny as hell.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I'm outraged - they broke a full magnum of champagne? dammit

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Re: New Jacoby Jones Injury

Quote Originally Posted by drdelaware View Post
    I hope they both get cut. We could have paid Boldin with both their salaries.
    You mean Boldin who has been not very good playing anyone other than a terrible Packers D?

I don't think there is anything wrong with what the guys were doing last night. Have to be a bit more careful as to not get into any trouble. That goes for everyone who is out boozing at 3am. Not just football players. I spend a good portion of my 20s and 30s out at the DC clubs until 3am. There is plenty good that goes on after 3am.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Until any statement or evidence is released to the contrary, why should we assume anything else? No one has come forward to try and claim this was anything other than her fault.
    Hah! "Friends of Sweet Pea, responding to anonymously sourced internet reporting that she hit Jacoby Jones on the head with a bottle, said that Ms. Pea is normally pretty easy going, but she doesn't like it when men call her fat and pull her hair. They were not with her at the time, though." No, I doubt anyone will rush to her defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Also...FWIW, many players have these parties all the time.

All this uproar just sounds like people who already hate McKinnie just got another reason to sound off.

As long as Jacoby is ok, this is such a nonstory. It's obviously embarrassing to the parties involved and the Ravens, but to me, it's actually funny as hell.
    I agree with this. (a) It's a non-story, and (b) it's funny as hell. I'm just not going to throw dirt on someone I never met when she was apparently in a fight with someone else I never met.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    And this is the best millionaires can do?

This is just the Minnesota party boat (on wheels) that Bryant McKinnie brought with him from Minnesota. I bet Harbaugh can't wait to get rid of BOTH Jacoby and McKinnie.

Re: New Jacoby Jones Injury

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post

I don't think there is anything wrong with what the guys were doing last night. Have to be a bit more careful as to not get into any trouble. That goes for everyone who is out boozing at 3am. Not just football players. I spend a good portion of my 20s and 30s out at the DC clubs until 3am. There is plenty good that goes on after 3am.
    Lord, I certainly spent more than my fair share of time clubbing and going to strip clubs in DC in my younger, single, childless days. And I definitely agree that plenty good happened to me at 3am too!!!

I agree though, the players obviously just need to be more careful than the normal person because there are people out there that have them as targets. I am fully expecting "Sweet Pea" to be filing a lawsuit against Jacoby and/or various other players when she gets her 15 minutes of fame to explain her side of the story.

But I also don't expect players to be hermits or live only at the facility. Even athletes need time off from work from time to time for their mental well being.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

This is only something to get work up about if Jacoby's injury causes him to miss more time.

Players are people too. They party just like the rest of us.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller