Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 LastLast

Re: Ravens brawl in DC?

Yes, I think it's important to point out that at least they were in a party bus and not driving drunk like so many other knuckleheads in the NFL love to do.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I highly doubt they got free booze.

Venue, limo, chicks, access .... yes. But free bottle service? No chance.
    Happens all the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I'm pretty sure most, or everyone on here, would find a way to do something stupid with their $ if they were in the same situation. Maybe not make a habit of it like McKinney does, but still... I'm sure I'd spend a little more than normal at a strip club if I were making what they make... lol

It's obvious McKinney is going to enjoy himself while he can. He can't stop partying with strippers and he can't stop putting his hands on facemasks and getting penalties for it. Clearly he can't learn from his own mistakes and he often "tweets" about going out to party. Jacoby was most likely enjoying the highest point of his career and life. He has a Super Bowl ring that he contributed to getting, and was on Dancing With The Stars. I'm sure he was just out celebrating with a friend and enjoying in his success. He probably made some kind of remark towards Sweet Pea that caused her to hit him in the head with the bottle. Yes, they both should be concentrating on their jobs, but if the whole broken bottle over the head never happened, then no one would have anything to say about them going out for a night on the town. If they partied with a stripper and nothing happened, no one would care to talk about it or make a big deal about it. Unfortunately, Sweet Pea had her reasons to do something to cause a TMZ story.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Sex industry workers.
    Employment program for single moms

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    This is not a case of youthful indiscretion, McKinnie is 34, Jones is 29. Of all the people on the Ravens who should understand the pitfalls of being a high profile athlete, it's McKinnie. Harbaugh said "I'm disappointed" in the presser, that was definitely an understatement. These guys are making millions and are out at 3am driving around in a party bus emptying champagne bottles with bimbos during the season. It's probably worse than that but that's enough to know. If they can't grow up and aspire to more admirable pursuits, then find a discrete low risk way to enjoy your debauchery that prevents an incident like this from getting headlines and puts your coach on the spot. They should know better.

Considering where they are contractually and given their behavior, I don't see either here next year.
    Agreed. I agree with Ray on this one. It's like Harbaugh said, what do you want to be remembered for. I would have no problem if he cut both of them today. Screw 'em.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Agreed. I agree with Ray on this one. It's like Harbaugh said, what do you want to be remembered for. I would have no problem if he cut both of them today. Screw 'em.
    Being the victim of an assault and/or protecting a woman from getting beat by a man gets you ousted from the Ravens these days?
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Wasn't "Sweet Pea" Popeye the Sailor Man's niece ? ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Being the victim of an assault and/or protecting a woman from getting beat by a man gets you ousted from the Ravens these days?
    plus their contract is already guaranteed, and they would be unemployed until about sundown ...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Personally, I've never been a strip club/hooker guy myself
    Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Well, it said A stripper, but obviously there could have been more. Still, even though they are strippers, I get the impression they are stripper's Big Mac KNOWS. They might not have been "working", so to speak. Hell, maybe that's where the disagreement with JJ came in - he felt that type of girl is always working and maybe they were there to have fun with their friend too.
    A friend of mine is a "strip club guy". As a woman, I was curious, so, one day, I went with him (he usually goes for the 4 o'clock games). Spent the evening chatting with the employees between shifts. Next time he went, they asked about me, so I've been back, here and there, in the 4 years since then. In watching the late afternoon games while drinking beer and chatting with dancers, I've learned that they really prefer the word "dancers". Yes, I know they are stripping of their clothes while dancing, but they still really prefer the term "dancers". It's a preference - the word "stripper" doesn't make them mad.

Equivocating them with hookers, though, makes them head-jutting, finger-jabbing, hand-on-the-hip angry. I mean, really angry. They'll politely smile and say, "I prefer 'dancer', honey," to being called a "stripper", but any kind of suggestion that stripping and hooking are the same kinda thing really does bring about a "I'm going to cause a scene!!!" anger.

Unless you are trying to set up some sort of off work site private party, you are discreet about it, and you've made it clear you CAN pay for it, of course. Just make sure to make the offer to the right "dancer", or you'll get screaming anger. From what I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    No, I doubt the organization views the incident like that either. Making bad decisions during the season that cast a bad light on the team and puts your coach on the spot while you collecting millions is how they probably see it. If they are in the news with Sweet Pea, champagne, head busted open in a party bus at 3am during the season, then they screwed up. The doghouse awaits.

Their contracts run through the year, I don't expect they'll be released for this but I'll wager neither is back next year.

Blog Entries

Much ado about nothing, rich young guys partying with à few strippers on a birthday with an off day the next day after a win. Who cares? If most of us had their $ we'd do it too. But with better looking ladies..... Thats the mistake they made. I bet their teammates are laughing their asses off. Always were à helmut.

Goodwill by Biscotti and other Ravens that project the Ravens as an exemplary and classy organization is unraveled by headlines such as this. I'm positive that Biscotti as the owner and successful businessman cares.