Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 16171819 LastLast

Re: Ravens brawl in DC?

Quote Originally Posted by dreamjo View Post
    A friend of mine is a "strip club guy". As a woman, I was curious, so, one day, I went with him (he usually goes for the 4 o'clock games). Spent the evening chatting with the employees between shifts. Next time he went, they asked about me, so I've been back, here and there, in the 4 years since then. In watching the late afternoon games while drinking beer and chatting with dancers, I've learned that they really prefer the word "dancers". Yes, I know they are stripping of their clothes while dancing, but they still really prefer the term "dancers". It's a preference - the word "stripper" doesn't make them mad.

Equivocating them with hookers, though, makes them head-jutting, finger-jabbing, hand-on-the-hip angry. I mean, really angry. They'll politely smile and say, "I prefer 'dancer', honey," to being called a "stripper", but any kind of suggestion that stripping and hooking are the same kinda thing really does bring about a "I'm going to cause a scene!!!" anger.

Unless you are trying to set up some sort of off work site private party, you are discreet about it, and you've made it clear you CAN pay for it, of course. Just make sure to make the offer to the right "dancer", or you'll get screaming anger. From what I've heard.
    If the second oldest profession would just legalize the first oldest profession, there wouldn't be this type of confusion.

Thanks for the insights. My interactions with "dancers" (back in the day...waaaay back in the day) was of the more business-type of interaction.

Let's just put it this way...you can pretty much get anything you want in a strip club if you're willing to pay big bucks and are discreet.

I'm sure there was more than just "dancing" going on on that party bus.

Blog Entries

This is such a non story. They were both at the Ravens' facility on Monday doing what they were supposed to do. I can't believe some people are suggesting they get cut. For what? If these guys don't perform on the field then I have no doubt John Harbaugh will find someone else who will perform. I really don't care what these guys do on their off time.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    If the second oldest profession would just legalize the first oldest profession, there wouldn't be this type of confusion.
    Completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Thanks for the insights. My interactions with "dancers" (back in the day...waaaay back in the day) was of the more business-type of interaction.
    In talking to them (the incentive for me to go is all of my drinks never end up on the final bill, only some. They're nice to me there), I came to realize why professional athletes date them (besides the obvious). They have a lot in common. Physical jobs that neither can do forever. A crapload of surgeries, and not just the elective ones - ankles, knees are big injuries for them. I can't believe how a dancer who been working for five years + can talk about an ACL....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    ... Their contracts run through the year, I don't expect they'll be released for this but I'll wager neither is back next year.
    They (McKinnie and JJ) not being on the Ravens in 2014 won't have anything to do with this incident. Mckinnie has stretched his limit at LT, and JJ is already overpaid. Younger players (Wagner or draft choice @ LT and perhaps M. Brown/D. Thompson/Doss @ WR/Kreturns) will fulfill their positions with le$$ spent and more upside... Bc

Blog Entries

Nah, it's the human enhancement industry per Tom Cruise's movie-lol.

Think of the bright side guys, at least he didn't accidently shoot himself with a
    gun in his pants in a club like someone we know. He can still run pass routes although
    he might have a head ache.

:ww:

Blog Entries

Well, we now know that Jacoby sucks at lying. The Stripper says it was just a verbal altercation and nothing more. Jones denies any altercation of any sort. Yet, none of the postgame explanations detail why police were called.

Of course, Jacoby went with the "I'm sorry for being at the wrong place at the wrong time" excuse.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    No, I doubt the organization views the incident like that either. Making bad decisions during the season that cast a bad light on the team and puts your coach on the spot while you collecting millions is how they probably see it. If they are in the news with Sweet Pea, champagne, head busted open in a party bus at 3am during the season, then they screwed up. The doghouse awaits.

Their contracts run through the year, I don't expect they'll be released for this but I'll wager neither is back next year.
    what was the bad decision exactly? getting hit with a bottle is a decision he made? Mckinnie should have just let the girl get beat up? or just the fact that they were celebrating a birthday with booze like a vast majority of people do, is not acceptable for them?

they had a DD, they stopped a fight from escalating further than it already had. Considering that all the negativity in this incident was coming from people outside the organization (SP and JJ's posse) i dont see how blame is on their part unless you want these guys to live in a glass case when theyre not on the field. id much rather see, "JJs hit with bottle by stripper, McKinnie stops fight", than "JJ and McKinnie arrested for DUI" or "JJ and McKinnie in altercation that leaves woman bloody and beaten."

Shit happens all the time, even when booze isnt involved and frankly I think they best they could under the circumstances. "nothing to be proud of" as Harbs said but nothing I can say I find serious fault with either.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I think the issue is that Jones said something or did something out of line to begin with. Now, we don't know what that was. Veteran stripper acquaintances on this board could give you a more educated guess as to what would have set her off.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

This thread is not nearly as funny as it should be.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    This is SERIOUS dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I guarantee you it will get some run in the Ravens locker-room at some point.

I can see a "Sweet Pea" package installed into the offense when Jacoby gets back (ala the "Suggs Package" from a few seasons ago).

Maybe a t-shirt or two as well....