Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Moving on to Buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Yeah, I hope nobody takes this game lightly.

Remember a couple years ago, we had the SB 35 reunion at that game and we took it lightly. What happened? They put up a big lead, we came back, we let them tie it again, in OT had a VERY close turnover from Ray Lewis, and we snuck in a win. Bills played well enough to win that game, it was pretty embarrassing.

EJ Manuel is a rookie, but is also a very dangerous QB. He's playing behind a poor OL though, so Suggs and Dumervil may be able to exploit it. Spiller is a back that would worry me, so if he's injured, better for us. Fred Jackson is a tougher runner, but I think our D wraps up better now.

I truly hope Ray Rice is up for this game. Bills Run D got GASHED by Bilal Powell...Bilal Powell? The Jets might have a better run blocking OL than us, but Ray Rice should be able to eat them alive if Bilal Powell can do that. If McKinnie can get himself together and neutralize Mario Williams, we might be able to get that deep passing game going.
    Pretty sure Mario Williams got hurt yesterday too.

iggyman555 Guest

Tim Graham ‏@ByTimGraham 16m

C.J. Spiller said he lost explosiveness, not explosives. Sorry for a typo that suggested possible felonious conduct.
    Retweeted by Adam Schefter

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 12m

Bills RB CJ Spiller injured his thigh Sunday, not his knee; injury not considered serious and he is expected to play Sunday vs. Ravens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 12m
    Bills RB CJ Spiller injured his thigh Sunday, not his knee; injury not considered serious and he is expected to play Sunday vs. Ravens.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/97...ns-source-says ... Bc

Our pass rush against a rookie QB does not bode well for Buffalo. If our offense has some struggles again, it could be a close road win. If we get on track or get some points off turnovers (a distinct possibility, IMO), then we should win fairly easily. I just don't see how we lose this game unless the offense totally and completely shits the bed.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

This definitely falls into the "should win" category.

Flacco should have a big day, and the Bills offense should be in for a nightmarish bitch slap.

If we get to 3-1, or even 4-1, I think we will be in terrific shape going forward.

Blog Entries

This is the game where John Harbaugh needs to let Joe Flacco and this passing offense try to exert some dominance early. Buffalo's defense seems to be banged up all over the place and, while it is a formidable one, it is not as good as Houston's or Cleveland's. This is not the game for Harbaugh to try and slow down by giving Pierce 25-30 carries. With Dallas Clark starting to catch the ball, Doss and Thompson almost back, it's about that time to see if they have the strike.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

CJ Spiller is scary but the Ravens have been better against the run. And keep Jimmy Smith away from Stevie Johnson and we should win.

Blog Entries

They just let a rookie QB pass for 331 on 29 attempts and made Santonio Holmes look like he was ten years younger.

Vertical game please!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I think Jimmy will be fine against Stevie Johnson. He didn't have that bad of a game Sunday. Jimmy should actually be matched up against taller WRs for one key reason.

Against smaller WRs, Jimmy seems to sometimes have issues with making himself smaller to keep up with them out of breaks. Taller WRs are going to have the same issue. Jimmy will be able to keep up with them better. Which is why he did so well against Greg Little and Demaryius Thomas.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I think Jimmy will be fine against Stevie Johnson. He didn't have that bad of a game Sunday. Jimmy should actually be matched up against taller WRs for one key reason.

Against smaller WRs, Jimmy seems to sometimes have issues with making himself smaller to keep up with them out of breaks. Taller WRs are going to have the same issue. Jimmy will be able to keep up with them better. Which is why he did so well against Greg Little and Demaryius Thomas.
    You're right. Recently I've seen him get burned by the quicker guys. The big fast guys he covers pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    This definitely falls into the "should win" category.

Flacco should have a big day, and the Bills offense should be in for a nightmarish bitch slap.

If we get to 3-1, or even 4-1, I think we will be in terrific shape going forward.
    Losing this game would be a major dissapointment. Defense always travels well and the way the unit played this week I don't expect to give up much to Buffalo's offense. Plus, we should get back a few defenders who didn't play yesterday(Canty, Brown, Williams, Cody?). Take away the run, make them one dimensional and unleash the pass rush. There's a few players to key on, but they aren't an explosive unit.

This is a good week to give the offense momentum. Zone blocking or not, the OL needs to have a better effort which I think they will because this DL is a step down in competition from what they've been facing. Their secondary can be exploited so we should be effective enough throwing to keep them from stacking the box.

It's the NFL and on any given Sunday is always applicable. If we don't win this game then we played down to the level of the competition. The defense carried us against the Texans and an improved offensive effort against a weaker defense unit will propel us to 3-1.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    CJ Spiller is scary but the Ravens have been better against the run. And keep Jimmy Smith away from Stevie Johnson and we should win.
    Stevie Johnson is going to get his regardless of who is covering him. Even being covered by a pretty good Antonio Cromartie, he still had 86 yards on 6 receptions.

I think Jimmy Smith matches up pretty well on Stevie Johnson. Especially if they let Jimmy play up on him at the line of scrimmage.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.