Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlon Brown

Re: Marlon Brown

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Alright folks, let's not derail this thread anymore.

If you'd like to discuss Flacco's salary implications, please create a new thread and do so.

This thread pertains to all things Marlon Brown.
    My bad guys. Excellector we shall continue this another day.

I haven't had a chance to rewatch the game, but did anyone notice if Brown was just getting good coverage or where did he go?
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I am not absolutely positive since I haven't rewatched the game.
    But, I thought it seemed like Joe WAS throwing away from Reed and I know what Joe said...so I am not convinced either way. But it seemed like that is what Joe was doing. And if Reed happened to be shading towards Marlon alot for whatever reason, then that would make sense.

Anyway. I think Marlon is going to continue to grow and will be a very good player for the Ravens.
    A 6'5" receiver who goes up and gets the pass at its highest point and who has the ability to run after the catch with no fear. I like it.
    Just remember Houston DOES have a very good defense.
    And our offense is still trying to gel with the new receivers.
    Clark played MUCH better this game. So that was another plus.
    We need to get healthy and soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post

If you want a scapegoat look at Haloti Ngata who gets paid 13 million a year and has done nothing the last two years. He is looking better this year though, finally.

And Flacco at his best is a top 1-2 quarterback. It's between him and Rodgers when he plays at his best.

Brady and Manning usually have QBRs of like 85 in playoff games. Flacco usually is 100+.
    How has Ngata done "nothing" through the past 3 seasons?

Blog Entries
    The encouraging thing about Brown is the fact that he catches the ball almost every time it's thrown at him. He had one drop in the end zone vs the Browns but it was a tough catch to make tbf. I think the very fact that we have an undrafted free agent starting WR of all posistions for us is good enough for now.

Lightbulb Re: Marlon Brown

He was bound to have an unproductive game sooner or later. It's easy to forget that Brown is just a rookie. Next week he has the opportunity to bounce back against a defense that just got shredded BY THE JETS. Let that one sink in.

6. Re: Marlon Brown

Hate to be pessimistic, but Marlon's catches so far this season have come against Jabaal Sheard, Buster Skrine, Chris Owens, Tony Carter, Kayvon Webster, and Kareem Jackson so far this season. Those players have a combined -5.4 coverage grade on PFF, so I think Marlon's more taking advantage of opportunities than playing incredibly well. He's done a decent job of that so far, for a rookie who's a nebulous 2nd in terms of passing targets. PFF has him at a -2.0 pass grade, with 2 dropped passes on 15 targets, but with an impressive 4.3 YAC average, and a 66.7% catch rate in each game. I'm doubtful, however, that he will be able to make a catch when matched up with an average to above-average pass defender. Hopefully he will grow throughout the season and prove me wrong.

Hey as long as he catching when Joe throw his way, I don't care who is on him. Someone who can Catch. I hope he gets better soon. Teams will start playing him different after he and Torrey lit up the bills for 4tds.BOLD prediction , lol.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    How has Ngata done "nothing" through the past 3 seasons?
    Did you see how people ran up the middle on the Ravens last season?

And I said the last two years, not three.

Blog Entries

Ngata wasn't at NT last year. He played DE.

Blog Entries

You need to actually watch the film before throwing out those kind of statements. Sure he wasn't spectacular last year, mainly due to injuries, and the fact that he wasn't surrounded by a talented group of players on the Dline. He was great in 2011, and has had a really solid season so far. But looking at things from your point of view, no one else matters on this team other than Flacco. Nobody else is any good.

Quote Originally Posted by eclemens27 View Post
    Hate to be pessimistic, but Marlon's catches so far this season have come against Jabaal Sheard, Buster Skrine, Chris Owens, Tony Carter, Kayvon Webster, and Kareem Jackson so far this season. Those players have a combined -5.4 coverage grade on PFF, so I think Marlon's more taking advantage of opportunities than playing incredibly well.
    I don't think many teams have two shutdown corners, so if Torrey can match up with others' alpha Marlon can match up with the beta. I guess that's what teams do, matchups. and maybe Stokely/Doss from the slot.
    by the way...haven't heard Boldin's name mentioned much in the last two weeks...
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    haven't heard Boldin's name mentioned much in the last two weeks...
    Just as a few posters predicted... The Seahawks and Colts played tight man coverage on the 49ers and shutdown Boldin and company.