Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlon Brown

Blog Entries

Re: Marlon Brown

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    1. The guys mentioned here are: the best MLB to every play in the NFL, the best ball hawking FS to ever play in the NFL and one of the best pass rushers to play in the NFL. I love Flacco and I fully realize this team had no other option then to pay him (and I would have been against NOT paying him because I like him and he's a solid QB). However, he is, at best, a top 10 QB in the league now. So to compare him to those 3 is silly.

2. Bradys salary cap charges:
    2013: $13.8 million
    2014: $14.8 million
    2015: $13 million
    2016: $14 million
    2017: $15 million

So umm, what are you talking about with Brady?

I'm not trying to shit on Flacco, it just sucks that we're in cap hell so I'm finding a scapegoat. But your arguments were pretty weak at best. Either way I'm over it lol
    Part of the reason he could be considered that is part of what he went through while he was here, which was Cam Cameron and this constant conservative offensive approach. Low and behold, the minute they even semi ditched it, with a better OC, he reached MONTANA LEVELS OF POSTSEASON PERFORMANCE. Not Brady level. Not Manning level. Not Rodgers level. Montana level.

They don't win the Super Bowl without him throwing each and every last one of those TDs, WITH THE WORST RAVENS DEFENSE IN OVER TEN YEARS. Over ten.....years.....

Note: I am slightly yelling, but it's all in fun, nothing personal. I just like debating. Plus, I'm listening to the Tony Kornheiser Podcast.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    :insane:
    The thread was supposed to be about Marlon Brown.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    fwiw, Marlon had two catches, one for four yards and one for two. But he did a great job as decoy so other receivers could make plays. right?
    There are two issues that they have with Brown right now. First, there are only, but so many things that you can ask him to do, because he is still a rookie learning the offense on the fly. Second, he and Flacco need to continue to build a rapport. Both of these issues should continue to improve and the season progresses and it is clear that he's exceeded expectations so far.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    There are two issues that they have with Brown right now. First, there are only, but so many things that you can ask him to do, because he is still a rookie learning the offense on the fly. Second, he and Flacco need to continue to build a rapport. Both of these issues should continue to improve and the season progresses and it is clear that he's exceeded expectations so far.
    I agree completely. By the time we get to the playoffs he won't be a rookie anymore. It wasn't that long ago he was fighting just to make the team or practice squad as a UDFA. Now he's starting for the SB champs and exceeding expectations. There's a lot of upside left in him that will only be realized in time.

As far as Flacco, his contract isn't a issue until 2016. I plan on spending the next 3 seasons not concerned with that.

Blog Entries

Alright folks, let's not derail this thread anymore.

If you'd like to discuss Flacco's salary implications, please create a new thread and do so.

This thread pertains to all things Marlon Brown.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

So, how many TDs does Marlon Brown score Sunday?

What people are failing to realize is that, for the majority of the game, Jon Joseph covered Brown. I don't know why, but that was the case for the most part of the game. Given that, he did a great job as a decoy, drawing the team's best corner and leaving Jackson on Smith. Excellent experience for Brown, as he was covered by the D's best corner (a dang good one at that) for the first time in his NFL career.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    So, how many TDs does Marlon Brown score Sunday?
    I think a lot of that depends on the game plan.

I'd really like to see them get out to a fast start and let Flacco loose early. Make the Bills play catch-up and take the ball out of Spiller's hands. Make EJ Manual throw the ball a lot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    fwiw, Marlon had two catches, one for four yards and one for two. But he did a great job as decoy so other receivers could make plays. right?
    Anquan Boldin had 1 catch (4 targets) for 7 yards in the 49ers loss to the Seahawks on 9/15... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T-Sizzle View Post
    What people are failing to realize is that, for the majority of the game, Jon Joseph covered Brown. I don't know why, but that was the case for the most part of the game. Given that, he did a great job as a decoy, drawing the team's best corner and leaving Jackson on Smith. Excellent experience for Brown, as he was covered by the D's best corner (a dang good one at that) for the first time in his NFL career.
    Houston might do what Baltimore does.

Webb plays on the left, Jimmy plays on the right.

I don't think they have a corner that shadows a specific receiver except for the slot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Houston might do what Baltimore does.

Webb plays on the left, Jimmy plays on the right.

I don't think they have a corner that shadows a specific receiver except for the slot.
    Well, the next time the Ravens play Denver, they might want to re-think that, because if Corey Graham gets matched up on Thomas again I just might slay somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Anquan Boldin had 1 catch (4 targets) for 7 yards in the 49ers loss to the Seahawks on 9/15... Bc
    He had 5 catches for 64 yards against a bad Colts defense.... that's without Vernon Davis too.