Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlon Brown

Blog Entries

Re: Marlon Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    He has the same number of receptions as Brandon Stokely over 2 games.

It's early yet folks. Here's to his continued development.
    Stokley doesn't have 2 tds though......

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    glad he's converted most of the board. :)
    It's still way too early but hes certainly on the way to converting me. I readily admit I didn't take him too seriously during preseason.... I had my eye more on Mellette than anything. If he and Joe can develop a dare I say Quan-like rhythm and trust over time.... man what a find this would be.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Interesting. Didn't know he made a choice to go with us over Houston. Love the irony. Here's hoping he has a big game.

True statement: UDFAs Welker, Miles Austin and Victor Cruz failed to record a single WR stat in their rookie years.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

His biggest mistake Sunday was his first target. It was a perfectly thrown back shoulder fade. But he slowed up, like he was trying to time it to catch it in stride. What he needed to do was run hard to the spot, to get position on the CB.

I bring that up because when he learns to do things like that, that play will be unstoppable.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    What he needed to do was run hard to the spot, to get position on the CB.
    Harbs specifically mentioned that in the press conference. I think he'll learn from that. Just run hard and the ball will be there.

popular user name, i think there are 3 of us now haha.

i hope he torches them too.. i'm using him as my flex.

It's early, Randy Hymes was a flavor of the month at one point.

But Brown's game gives you confidence that he will progress because he can win 1v1 (Tandon Doss); he has good/consistent hands (Deonte Thompson); and the NFL is not too big for him (David Reed)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    glad he's converted most of the board. :)
    Now we gotta start preparing the pro-bowl bandwagon in secret ;) :D
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

10. Re: Marlon Brown

I'm just so impressed with how smooth he is for a 6'5 rookie. He definitely still has things to work on, but his size and ability make me feel real encouraged that he can be a very good starting WR in the league. The plays that really impressed me, outside of the TD, were the two comeback routes/catches that he had. He looks pretty natural with those routes. Here's to a fantastic game vs Houston!

From what he has shown, MB is a legit WR. If he stays healthy and has the normal "jump" from year 1 to year 2, this kid will be special.

Here's a great article on MB from BR.com: http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...a-26e6d0b1313d

Yeah I was one who thought he may be a player back when I saw his name in the UDFA list and then signed. I have a buddy who is a huge Georgia fan who told me about him around that time we signed him.

The biggest plus I see about him is that he does not move at all like a 6' 5" WR and he looks about 4 inches smaller than that. It's a good trait as far as I am concerned. As he gains confidence in what he is seeing week to week, he will become dominating.

Imagine if we had a TE that actually scared folks. We would be avg more than 30 points on offense.