Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Marlon Brown

Re: Marlon Brown

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Damn. Hope Deonte is all healed up cuz we're running out of pass catchers.
    If anyone reads how Deonte is doing footwise, will you post it? I'm dying to see him play....

Yeah, me too. I constantly have this fantasy of him being our VICTOR CRUZ. Imagine him in the slot with Jacoby and Torrey lined up wide. Defenses would not be able to deal with this TEAM.

Yeah, me too. I constantly have this fantasy of him being our VICTOR CRUZ. Imagine him in the slot with Jacoby and Torrey lined up wide. Defenses would not be able to deal with this TEAM.
    what makes you think he will be uno good?

I have no idea how he'll perform, I know his scouting report said he had "inconsistent" (i.e. bad?) hands at Florida. But the Ravens have been saying he's improved his hands and his route running significantly.

Blog Entries

I have no idea how he'll perform, I know his scouting report said he had "inconsistent" (i.e. bad?) hands at Florida. But the Ravens have been saying he's improved his hands and his route running significantly.
    he hasnt shown that yet, imo. Route running I think hes improved upon but from what ive seen he has some of jacobys tendencies to catch with the body and have some drops when they hit his hands away. Not sure what his limited ability to practice entails but i hope it involved standing infront of a JUGs machine while wearing his boot at least.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    he hasnt shown that yet, imo. Route running I think hes improved upon but from what ive seen he has some of jacobys tendencies to catch with the body and have some drops when they hit his hands away. Not sure what his limited ability to practice entails but i hope it involved standing infront of a JUGs machine while wearing his boot at least.
    Hmmm, way to kill my enthusiasm! LOL

Blog Entries

Hmmm, way to kill my enthusiasm! LOL
    sorry, Ill admit its pretty limited sample size im basing that off of. if you look at it this way, hes still an explosive player that will help more than hurt our offense.
    -JAB

Unfortunately, today, Thompson =/= Victor Cruz.
    Probably not in the future either.

Cruz's routes technique is off-the-chart. Put him a coat closet, and he still might beat a press or two.
    Seriously though, I'm sure he works his ass off at it, but salsa dancing aside, I largely think that he's a natural.

I know that this is going back a few years, but I still think of Thompson as more of a Tim Brown. Lightning fast, and could become a good (but probably not top-tier) route runner. Ultimately, I would like to see him out-wide, but until Marlon develops enough to be comfortable inside, Marlon's the best option at the X.

Maybe in 2014, we'll see a 6'3 Pitta and a 6'4+ Marlon in opposite slots when we go 4-wide...with Torrey and Thompson flanking. Pitta and Marlon = jump balls galore.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Can't link, but AW tweeted that Marlon had a stiff neck but will be "ready to go" vs. BUF
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Can't link, but AW tweeted that Marlon had a stiff neck but will be "ready to go" vs. BUF
    phew
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

@RavensInsider: Marlon brown said he just had a stiff neck 'I'm fine I'm ready to go'
    there ya go

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

So he WAS on the party bus!

Don't tell Harbs!!!