Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 15161718 LastLast

Re: MNF -- Steelers @ Bengals

Looks like the Bengals will be crowned champions for a while until they go on one of their famous losing streaks.

Every season the pundits start drooling over the Bengals after they squeak out a win over a favorite, and every time the pundits have ended up wrong as the Bengals were revealed as frauds.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    What he's trying to say is we have the pieces on D to be great. Our DL, with Canty, Jones, Ngata as starters and Cody, Williams, Spears as depth? That's an above average, bordering on great line right there. We've got a dynamic duo at OLB with Sizzle and Doom, and Upshaw rotating in as an edge setter is playing to his strengths as well. Daryl Smith is one of the most underrated signings this year, guy is a stud at Mike LB. Arthur Brown should be able to develop into a good caliber starting Will LB (assuming his injury is not serious). In the secondary, you've got Webb locking down one side. IF Jimmy Smith can play more like he did against Cleveland, he can develop into a true starter at CB. Graham HAD been good last year, seemed like he's got some issues this year. At S, no, we can't replace the instincts of an Ed Reed. But all 3 of our top guys in Huff, Ihedigbo, and Elam...they all move better than Reed would. And Ihedigbo and Elam can tackle better. And ALL of them can cover better than Pollard. Not to mention, with Pollard and Reed, each was LOCKED into one safety spot...Pollard couldn't play FS, Reed couldn't play SS. All 3 of those guys can be interchangeable, which is why you saw Elam at SS, Ihedigbo at FS vs Browns.

This D is going to get better. The pass rush is going to be there, the CBs just have to grow a bit on their coverage skills. Once that happens, we've got a very good D.
    It all sounds great on paper. And I hope you're right! I'm still a little shell-shocked from the opener, though, I guess. The secondary is and has been my biggest concern, but, yeah, benching Huff definitely helped. But even so, the Browns' receivers were open more regularly than I'd like on Sunday - thankfully, they drop as many as they catch (or Weeden missed 'em).

I'm also confident the D will get better. But it's way too soon to call them "great." IMHO

Blog Entries

I watched every play of that boring ass game. Really two inept offenses.

At least I won my pool this week

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

The Bengals look incredible on paper, but for some reason, it just doesn't seem to translate into them being a dominant team. The Ravens are struggling with injuries right now, but I think they will still win this division. I wasn't overly impressed with the Bengals last night, and wasn't impressed at al with the Steelers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I watched every play of that boring ass game. Really two inept offenses.

At least I won my pool this week
    I missed it by 3 points.

I got 12 out of 16 right, but picked 33 points total for last night's game.

The guy who beat me picked 12 our of 16, but picked 30 points, which was dead on.

...asshole.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Wow,8-8 could win this division. Other teams should handle steelers and bengals. It's the Ravens division to lose. Ravens have some games on their schedule against good teams. If they can start playing together better after these first 4 games, anything is possible in the AFCN

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BMann View Post
    The Ravens' D is "great"? The D that let Peyton put a 7-spot on them just over a week ago? Shutting down the Browns' Division III offense doesn't warrant much consideration from me. I think you could grab 11 of us off of this board and shut out Cleveland for a quarter.

It's true that Houston will be a good test to see which is the real Ravens' defense this year. I figure we'll end up around the middle of the pack, between 13th and 17th in total yards. We just have to hope that Joe and company can make that stand up.

They don't give up any TDs, even vs a Div 3 team and some people still aren't satisfied.
    Wait til they get rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Wow,8-8 could win this division. Other teams should handle steelers and bengals. It's the Ravens division to lose. Ravens have some games on their schedule against good teams. If they can start playing together better after these first 4 games, anything is possible in the AFCN
    Agreed.

I've been saying that if we go 3-3 in the first 6 games, we're in a great shape to again take the division.

The one thing I took away from that game was that Dalton sucks. I have been really holding back judgement on him, and I have seen him look better, but man, he was very innaccurate and his arm strength leaves a little to be desired. I realize it's one game and he was playing against a solid D, but he really was not impressive. All that talent around him and not much production.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    The one thing I took away from that game was that Dalton sucks. I have been really holding back judgement on him, and I have seen him look better, but man, he was very innaccurate and his arm strength leaves a little to be desired. I realize it's one game and he was playing against a solid D, but he really was not impressive. All that talent around him and not much production.
    Yeah he didn't look too great last night, sailed a number of passes that should have been easy completions in that game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mjones73 View Post
    Yeah he didn't look too great last night, sailed a number of passes that should have been easy completions in that game.
    He was overthrowing wide open receivers, over and over. If he can settle down they really have the weapons but you gotta get the ball to them

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

He still out-threw Jen by 30 yds for 280 and 1 TD and the win.

YOu guys should be slamming Big Jen who only generated 10 pts. Dalton generated
    20 pts and won.