Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 LastLast
    iggyman555 Guest

Re: MNF -- Steelers @ Bengals

WTF steve young just said that the bengals on paper are expected to win the division then stared at ray lewis, what a tool

Blog Entries

Both teams stink. But, the Steelers are far worse.....they are a dumpster fire. Bengals don't worry me a bit. Dalton and dumb coaches.

I have no problem with people saying they think the Bengals will win the division.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

In the end Dalton won it convincely.

Bengals have a great defense but so do we. HOuston will be a good test but it will
    really be rolling by the end of the regular season and so will the offense so watch
    out but Bengals are damn good.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Man, Atkins vs Gradkowski and Yanda scares me. Yanda is solid, but Gradkowski could end up getting abused.

LOL, that was funny Steelers, you needed two scores, couldn't even get the one.
    Yanda is better than just "solid".

I wish AQ Shipley showed something, cause he's definitely stronger than Gino. No question, he looked decent against the Ravens in the playoffs last year, but then again, it was often against Kemo and Cody...because even though Gino had a decent against Cincy's starters last year, I think he'd get throw around like a ragdoll this time.

Blog Entries
    Gino has REALLY struggled. PFF has him as one of the worse Cs in the league right now. He's still learning and will probably get Better, but AQ might be the better option right now. Gino is at the root of the issues along our line. We are seriously missing Birk right now.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    In the end Dalton won it convincely.

Bengals have a great defense but so do we. HOuston will be a good test but it will
    really be rolling by the end of the regular season and so will the offense so watch
    out but Bengals are damn good.
    The Ravens' D is "great"? The D that let Peyton put a 7-spot on them just over a week ago? Shutting down the Browns' Division III offense doesn't warrant much consideration from me. I think you could grab 11 of us off of this board and shut out Cleveland for a quarter.

It's true that Houston will be a good test to see which is the real Ravens' defense this year. I figure we'll end up around the middle of the pack, between 13th and 17th in total yards. We just have to hope that Joe and company can make that stand up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Gino has REALLY struggled. PFF has him as one of the worse Cs in the league right now. He's still learning and will probably get Better, but AQ might be the better option right now. Gino is at the root of the issues along our line. We are seriously missing Birk right now.
    Secretly, I wonder if this is why we haven't IR'd Jensen. Maybe Jensen showed them enough before his injury to convince them he'd be a serious challenger for a starting job.

I like Gino a lot, but I think he's having a rough go of it to start. He's faced two pretty good DTs to start the season, but we're going to see tougher ones before it's through. Hopefully his stuff improves by then, but if not, I wouldn't be surprised if Jensen got a shot when he's fully healed.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMann View Post

The Ravens' D is "great"? The D that let Peyton put a 7-spot on them just over a week ago? Shutting down the Browns' Division III offense doesn't warrant much consideration from me. I think you could grab 11 of us off of this board and shut out Cleveland for a quarter.

It's true that Houston will be a good test to see which is the real Ravens' defense this year. I figure we'll end up around the middle of the pack, between 13th and 17th in total yards. We just have to hope that Joe and company can make that stand up.
    A lot of that was due to 2 players, one of which are benched now. Also the O wasn't helping the D at all in that game. I wouldn't put too much stock into that blow out. Next week will tell us a lot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BMann View Post

What he's trying to say is we have the pieces on D to be great. Our DL, with Canty, Jones, Ngata as starters and Cody, Williams, Spears as depth? That's an above average, bordering on great line right there. We've got a dynamic duo at OLB with Sizzle and Doom, and Upshaw rotating in as an edge setter is playing to his strengths as well. Daryl Smith is one of the most underrated signings this year, guy is a stud at Mike LB. Arthur Brown should be able to develop into a good caliber starting Will LB (assuming his injury is not serious). In the secondary, you've got Webb locking down one side. IF Jimmy Smith can play more like he did against Cleveland, he can develop into a true starter at CB. Graham HAD been good last year, seemed like he's got some issues this year. At S, no, we can't replace the instincts of an Ed Reed. But all 3 of our top guys in Huff, Ihedigbo, and Elam...they all move better than Reed would. And Ihedigbo and Elam can tackle better. And ALL of them can cover better than Pollard. Not to mention, with Pollard and Reed, each was LOCKED into one safety spot...Pollard couldn't play FS, Reed couldn't play SS. All 3 of those guys can be interchangeable, which is why you saw Elam at SS, Ihedigbo at FS vs Browns.

This D is going to get better. The pass rush is going to be there, the CBs just have to grow a bit on their coverage skills. Once that happens, we've got a very good D.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post

What he's trying to say is we have the pieces on D to be great. Our DL, with Canty, Jones, Ngata as starters and Cody, Williams, Spears as depth? That's an above average, bordering on great line right there. We've got a dynamic duo at OLB with Sizzle and Doom, and Upshaw rotating in as an edge setter is playing to his strengths as well. Daryl Smith is one of the most underrated signings this year, guy is a stud at Mike LB. Arthur Brown should be able to develop into a good caliber starting Will LB (assuming his injury is not serious). In the secondary, you've got Webb locking down one side. IF Jimmy Smith can play more like he did against Cleveland, he can develop into a true starter at CB. Graham HAD been good last year, seemed like he's got some issues this year. At S, no, we can't replace the instincts of an Ed Reed. But all 3 of our top guys in Huff, Ihedigbo, and Elam...they all move better than Reed would. And Ihedigbo and Elam can tackle better. And ALL of them can cover better than Pollard. Not to mention, with Pollard and Reed, each was LOCKED into one safety spot...Pollard couldn't play FS, Reed couldn't play SS. All 3 of those guys can be interchangeable, which is why you saw Elam at SS, Ihedigbo at FS vs Browns.

This D is going to get better. The pass rush is going to be there, the CBs just have to grow a bit on their coverage skills. Once that happens, we've got a very good D.
    Good post.