Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 161718

Re: MNF -- Steelers @ Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    He still out-threw Jen by 30 yds for 280 and 1 TD and the win.

YOu guys should be slamming Big Jen who only generated 10 pts. Dalton generated
    20 pts and won.
    Big jen has his hands full this year. Constantly worrying who will knock him out of the game. Did you see him rush his offense to the line of scrimmage at the 2 minute warning in the 1st half. I'm thinking he was hit to many times earlier and had no idea what the clock read. Big jen is going to get his bell wrung eventually because of that bad OL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Changing of the guard? Someone please tell me what the Bengals have ever done/won in recent memory...

That said, congrats to CincyCat. Always nice to see the Steelers lose.
    Thank you.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    He still out-threw Jen by 30 yds for 280 and 1 TD and the win.

YOu guys should be slamming Big Jen who only generated 10 pts. Dalton generated
    20 pts and won.
    It's a given that Ben is on the decline, whether that be from too many hits absorbed over the years, or Haley not using Ben's talents correctly (where have we seen that before, hmmmmm...) or it's from terrible terrible O-line play by the Steelers, or a combination of all of that, he and that offense is just bad bad bad right now. My big point was after hearing the last couple of years from the media how improved the Bengals are and how they are primed to win the division, I am not impressed by Dalton. I wanted to be, I really have been kind of rooting for the kid, but what I saw last night, and what I have seen from him before leads me to believe he just isn't quite as good as advertised. He has arguably top 5 offensive talent everywhere except RB and that new kid could be top 5 by next year. BGE is no slouch either. Dalton just couldn't make the throws last night that he SHOULD have made.

The Bengals are a talented team and I thought Dalton settled down a little in the second half. I've see enough to feel it's a 2 team race. I don't think Dalton is good enough to carry the team on his back, but he may not have to.

Blog Entries

I really think Bernard and Eifert are a blessing and will provide a lot of offense this season. I am pretty happy and have high hopes Andy will settle down.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Big jen has his hands full this year. Constantly worrying who will knock him out of the game. Did you see him rush his offense to the line of scrimmage at the 2 minute warning in the 1st half. I'm thinking he was hit to many times earlier and had no idea what the clock read. Big jen is going to get his bell wrung eventually because of that bad OL.
    Exactly and I said that to a Squeelers fan after the draft. I said you're O-line sucks
    bad man and even he agreed and that was before Pouncey went down. I also said it
    last night on the thread when a Bengal rusher was mugged with a hammer and a chisel and tripped on the way to Big Jen by an o-lineman-lol.

When Pouncey was injured Harrison said they just lost their best offensive player but that was an obvious rip on Jen-lol.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ensive-player/
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 09-17-2013 at 07:15 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    I really think Bernard and Eifert are a blessing and will provide a lot of offense this season. I am pretty happy and have high hopes Andy will settle down.
    I really think it was just nerves and being on MNF against a legendary franchise that most picked them to beat. The fact that all the passes were overthrown just tells me he was too amped up. Over the course of the year, if he settles in, the weapons are there.

Good luck except for two games this year :)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I really think it was just nerves and being on MNF against a legendary franchise that most picked them to beat. The fact that all the passes were overthrown just tells me he was too amped up. Over the course of the year, if he settles in, the weapons are there.

Good luck except for two games this year :)
    Thanks man. Andy did admit that being on a national stage against a team that had a 12-2 run here had his adrenaline over jacked. Andy is a pretty good guy and seems to figure things out eventually.

I remember Flacco and his time to get to various levels. I can only hope Dalton will emulate Joe.