Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Shooting, Washington DC Navy Yard

Dont know if anyone is following this. Along with having friends and colleagues there, I work about 10 min away.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/09/16/us...html?hpt=hp_t1

They are speculating that the 1 suspect is a retired Navy Chief.

Makes me wonder if maybe the furloughs have something to do with this. Still, getting into a command with multiple people and weapons...that takes some doing.

2 other suspects are at large according to media outlets.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Shooting, Washington DC Navy Yard

Yup, I work in a school about 5 minutes driving distance and our school is shut down.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Craziness

I workd at the Navy Yard in the Regoinal Operations Center from 2009-2012. A friend of mine is working in the Command Center has been feeding my info. He sent out the shelter in place order to the base.

I'm in progress on checking on friends of mine that still work on the base, especially those that were in the building. Haven't made contact with everyone yet.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I workd at the Navy Yard in the Regoinal Operations Center from 2009-2012. A friend of mine is working in the Command Center has been feeding my info. He sent out the shelter in place order to the base.

I'm in progress on checking on friends of mine that still work on the base, especially those that were in the building. Haven't made contact with everyone yet.
    Hope everyone is ok.

I work in DC too...so scary and sad!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Keep us posted. Hope you get the nest news you possibly can out of such a sad situation.
    Good luck Dade!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Good luck Dade. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Blog Entries

My former boss typically works at NAS Pax River here in SoMD, but was up there today for meetings. I just got a call from a coworker that he has been confirmed as one of the deceased. So incredibly sad. Just at a total loss for words right now. Senseless.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    My former boss typically works at NAS Pax River here in SoMD, but was up there today for meetings. I just got a call from a coworker that he has been confirmed as one of the deceased. So incredibly sad. Just at a total loss for words right now. Senseless.
    That's really terrible man.

I'm really sorry to hear that.

Horrible news!
    Sorry to hear this.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry to hear that bro.

I actually worked there for a couple months on a contract 5 years ago.

The few people that I stayed in contact there are ok thankfully, but a good personal friend of mine lost her best friend.

Way too many of these tragedies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.