Brandon Meriweather, Head Hunter

Brandon Meriweather should be suspended. This isn't the first time he's launched at a guy's head. Remember Todd Heap, 2010 when Meriweather was a Patriot? Now he goes after Eddie Lacy's head and gives him a concussion. That shit has to stop, and a big fine isn't going to be enough to do it.

Blog Entries

Re: Brandon Meriweather, Head Hunter

He did it again against James Starks and ended up knocking himself out.

Karma?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

He's a dick. This is exactly why Belichick got rid of him.

Blog Entries

People like him shouldn't be allowed to play in the league.

Seriously, if Goodell wants to send a message, flat out ban this dude from the league.

He is a detriment to himself and others. He knows full well about the consequences of concussions, yet he continues to launch and lead with the crown of his helmet injuring himself and others.

If Goodell wants to take a legitimate stance against the safety of players, this would be a good place to start.

"Dear Mr. Merriweather,

I am sorry to inform you, but I am hereby suspending you indefinitely from participating in the National Football League. The rules are clear and direct. They are in place to protect the players in this league, including yourself.

You have been in direct violation of these rules on multiple occasions and your inability to play within the confines of the National Football League leaves me no choice. The most recent violations during the Green Bay Packers vs Washington Redskins game left another young player injured. More importantly, your violations left you injured.

If you would like to discuss this further or appeal, please go through the proper channels within the National Football Player's Association.

Sincerely,
    Roger Goodell"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    People like him shouldn't be allowed to play in the league.

Seriously, if Goodell wants to send a message, flat out ban this dude from the league.

He is a detriment to himself and others. He knows full well about the consequences of concussions, yet he continues to launch and lead with the crown of his helmet injuring himself and others.

If Goodell wants to take a legitimate stance against the safety of players, this would be a good place to start.

"Dear Mr. Merriweather,

I am sorry to inform you, but I am hereby suspending you indefinitely from participating in the National Football League. The rules are clear and direct. They are in place to protect the players in this league, including yourself.

You have been in direct violation of these rules on multiple occasions and your inability to play within the confines of the National Football League leaves me no choice. The most recent violations during the Green Bay Packers vs Washington Redskins game left another young player injured. More importantly, your violations left you injured.

If you would like to discuss this further or appeal, please go through the proper channels within the National Football Player's Association.

Sincerely,
    Roger Goodell"
    :word

Thing is, guys like him are funding the settlement.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    :word

Thing is, guys like him are funding the settlement.
    Well, that brings up another point.

Guess who the lawsuits are going to come from in the next ten years? Guys like Merriweather who are dumb and probably didn't save their NFL money.

If Goodell and the rest of the NFL Owners want to ensure that future lawsuits are dealt with accordingly, they would be wise to start suspending players indefinitely who cannot play within the confines of the league.

Blog Entries

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a fine. Those big hits used to be the highlights and now they're becoming extinct. Some players have adjusted, a few won't.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I hate rooting for injuries but I did smile hearing that Merriweather hurt himself with that flying head hunting hit. You would think he would have learned something because of it but I doubt it.