Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: The Good, The Bad, and the UGLY

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    Or if you're going to emphasize "ugly" for especially bad things, have something emphasizing "great" on the other side.
    If I recall correctly, Tony used to categorize it The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, and The Megan Fox - emphasizing the last grouping as things especially good, which resulted in two good and two bad categories for commentary. I believe he even asked for suggestions to update the entire "Megan Fox" title, but that apparently went nowhere.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    maybe, but the question is, who do you cut to make room. Dickson, Bajema, Clark...ALL their salaries are guaranteed for the year. So you cut Dickson, you still have to pay his 1.5 mil (I believe that was his tender) on your cap, AND then pay Furstenburg.

Also consider injuries at other positions where we may need extra depth. CB is precariously thin, RB could be thinned again, Our DL has a few injuries, not to mention WR...

I know how Furstenburg looked in preseason, but many preseason heroes have not panned out when their time comes up. I think bringing Furstenburg in would be a move made when we are in full on desperation mode, maybe in 3-4 weeks if we still see nothing from the current TE group.

Also remember if we want a body with good hands, Juice Check could be a guy they sneak out to TE, and he's already on roster.
    Well, keep in mind that they are likely going to activate Asa Jackson after the Bye as well.

Brynden Trawick is a possibility.

I'd not be surprised to see them flat out IR Jameel McClain and Dennis Pitta if things aren't going well for them later in the season...this also could depend on playoff implication.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I wouldn't put Daryl Smith in the bad category. I thought he had a very solid game around the box. The coverage was more scheme issues imo.
    :word

D. Smith played well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I wouldn't put Daryl Smith in the bad category. I thought he had a very solid game around the box. The coverage was more scheme issues imo.
    I thought Smith had a very good game, he was in the backfield a lot, lead the team in tackles and was credited with 1 1/2 sacks.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Daryl Smith bad game?

11 tackles
    1.5 sacks
    2 pass break ups (one almost was an int)
    2 qb hits

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    I was referring to the first half. We didn't establish the run until the second half. We were pass happy in the first half instead of trying to establish the run.
    And if one marginally catch-able pass was executed (Marlon Brown), and one very catch-able pass was executed (Torrey Smith), the "pass happy" strategy would have looked brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm a bit disappointed to not see Oher's name in the Good column. Matched up on Kruger and battling an ankle injury, he left Paul Kruger looking every bit worth the money we paid Dumervil. Kruger had no sacks, no hurries, just a few tackles on runs. And no penalties to boot.
    Only 3 penalties for the entire team...including the very suspect pass interference call on Cleveland's last drive. Very good, imo.

Blog Entries

Good:
    1. Marlon Brown continues to produce. You gotta love seeing this from an undrafted rookie.
    2. The Defesne. After giving up 7 TDs they shut the Browns down. Yea, I get it's Brandon Weedon and the Browns, but they get payed also.
    3. Tandon Doss. They guy gets cut. Then he comes back and produces on special teams to help with the win.
    4. Matt Elam. I believe he started yesterday. I didn't zero in on his play, but it must have been decent with no TDs allowed.

Bad:
    1. The offense is still sputtering along without Jacoby and Pitta. The good news is I really think the offense steps it up when Jacoby and Deonte return. Hopefully Pitta will also.

Ugly:
    1. Justin Tucker. Ugh, let's just pretend this game didn't happen. I hope he can.
    2. The Tight Ends. Can't catch and catch getted tackled without getting hurt. Bajema is our best TE right now, and he was originally cut from the 53.

Blog Entries

the Oline is looking very bad Gino looks like bad KO looks bad and Mckinnie looks bad this is not got the whole left side looks like shit what is the deal with KO?? Gino is undersized and doesn't read stunts or Blitzes very well.

There wasn't anything wrong with the offensive scheme. If Tucker had made those kicks - or Smith and Brown had both caught touchdown passes that hit them in the hands, and there wasn't a @#$%ing thing wrong with either of those throws - Caldwell's name wouldn't be in this thread at all.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    the Oline is looking very bad Gino looks like bad KO looks bad and Mckinnie looks bad this is not got the whole left side looks like shit what is the deal with KO?? Gino is undersized and doesn't read stunts or Blitzes very well.
    I don't know what's going on with KO. Is it possible that he lost a lot of strength when he was losing weight in the off-season? I had read that KO was dropping weight to add quickness, because Ozzie had said that he would be the Ravens LT. This was before McKinnie was resigned.

I think McKinnie will be ok. He was going up against Mingo yesterday, who was too quick for him. I think Mingo is the real deal, and will be a very good player for the Browns for a long time. Gino is just bad. He can't hold his ground and gets pushed back regularly. I think this is why the Ravens drafted Jensen, who is a bigger Center than Gino.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    There wasn't anything wrong with the offensive scheme. If Tucker had made those kicks - or Smith and Brown had both caught touchdown passes that hit them in the hands, and there wasn't a @#$%ing thing wrong with either of those throws - Caldwell's name wouldn't be in this thread at all.
    This is a good point.

The Ravens did leave 20 points on the field for sure.