Blog Entries

Old Colts Memorabilia

Thought you old heads would appreciate this...

Was at the Dulles Expo and picked up a Baltimore Colts pennant from the 50's. the guy had one from Super Bowl 3 against the Dolphins, but he was asking about $300 for it.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Old Colts Memorabilia

I have an old pennant from the 50s hanging on the wall of my man cave. Looking at it
    now. That's worth $300? LOL

I also have a team photo of the Colts on the wall when Don Shula was DB . Is that worth something? When Rosey fired Weeb he asked Gino if he had any suggestions for head
    coach and he said yea, Shula. Rosey said, isn't he that DB we had back in the 50s and
    Gino said yea. Shula was the D-Coord for the Lions and they beat us and Gino said
    their victory had Shula's prints all over it. So Rosey called Shula and offered him the
    job and said you've been recommended. Shulad didn't know who recommended him until
    he got to Bmore.

That photo is unsigned but I also have signed photos of Arty, Lenny and Gino on the same wall. On the opposite wall are huge photos signed by JO, Jamal, Reed, Heap and Ray
    plus the entire SB 35 championship team plus the SB 35 hat with the signatures of
    both the winning and losing coaches plus Ozzie's sign and many of the players.

Bob Costas asked Shula how he got respect of the great vets like John when he was a young coach of the Colts in 63.

He said I was a DB when Unitas came into the league, but he never got John's respect as coach and lost SB 3 because he refused to start him. Former Colt JOhnny Sample of Jets said Colts would have won it had Unitas just started the 2d half. They got their only TD when Unitas came in.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 09-14-2013 at 07:37 PM.

Blog Entries

I need a photo of the SB 47 team.

Does anyone know where to get one, but Im starting to run out of walls with all
    the other pics on them-lol.

Id also like to get the Lombardi replicas that DR. Delaware has in his cave. They
    looked cool. He said they were $400 and you can order them.

Blog Entries

Trap, the guy also had a game program signed by Weeb Eubank for $200.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Then my pics with Arty's, Lenny's and Gino's signatures should be worth more than that huh?

I have Ngata's pic and Gino looks like a skinny midget compared to him-lol.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Thought you old heads would appreciate this...

Was at the Dulles Expo and picked up a Baltimore Colts pennant from the 50's. the guy had one from Super Bowl 3 against the Dolphins, but he was asking about $300 for it.
    Might be worth it, as it'd be a misprint & probably pretty rare.