Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Let's get behind Dallas Clark.

Dallas Clark has seen better days, but he is a veteran and he is resilient. One good consistent performance could be just what he needs to get into a rhythm for the season. Torrey Smith is going to get his and he will get doubled. Marlon Brown looks to be a rising star. Stokely is going to catch the ball when it's thrown his way.

It is clear that the missing piece is the TE spot and I have more faith in a veteran like Clark to turn it around, than Ed Dickson, who is clearly afraid to get hit.

Let's get behind Clark for this game and help will him to a great performance.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: Let's get behind Dallas Clark.

Clark is a class act and a guy you can rally around. Hope he does a great job this year unless his opponent has orange & black stripes.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Dallas Clark has seen better days, but he is a veteran and he is resilient. One good consistent performance could be just what he needs to get into a rhythm for the season. Torrey Smith is going to get his and he will get doubled. Marlon Brown looks to be a rising star. Stokely is going to catch the ball when it's thrown his way.

It is clear that the missing piece is the TE spot and I have more faith in a veteran like Clark to turn it around, than Ed Dickson, who is clearly afraid to get hit.

Uhm Excel??....CATCH THE DAMN BALL WHEN IT HITS U RIGHT IN THE HANDS!!

I like DC as a person, but I'm just not feeling him on-field. He looks like a frail old geezer out there trying to ball with 22 year olds. Maybe he can provide some advice to Dickson and Furstenberg until Pitta is back.

Blog Entries

I support Clark...hoping for a bounce back game from a proud veteran this week. As I said last week, I'll roll with him any day over the garbage that is Ed Dickson.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

Count me in!

For Team Clark!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I thought he played his ass off in the 4th Q last wk. The game was out of hand, but goddam if he wasn't going down without a fight.

He even played too hard. The fumble was a result of his trying to gain yards that weren't there – I respect that. He clearly cared and was trying. It seemed to me that by late 2nd half, Clark had knocked the rust off. I think he was playing at a higher level late in the game, than he had been early.

Hope we see that carry thru into these next games.

Blog Entries

Dallas Clark! Dallas Clark!
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

He will find a rhythm. He had a nice finger tip grab early when he was covered by Ayers, and took it upfield for 31 yards. That's something you don't ever see Dickson doing.

He won't be perfect, but what do you expect from a guy you had to bring in during camp to replace a guy you didn't plan to lose?

His role wouldn't have been so glaring had JJ12 not also gone down. Basically forced Clark to be the #2/#3 look most of the night, and you just can't expect a new player to come in and be that pivotal right off the bat. I am convinced he will work his ass off to get everything he possibly can out of his talent, and that's all we can ask of him. ..

So I am on board!!!!!!

Disappointed in Clark up to this point, but I'll take a wait-and-see attitude. Let see what happens against the Browns. In fact, I'll take that same attitude toward Dickson. These are two guys I'll especially be watching closely over the next few games.

I like Clark, I think he will quickly turn into one of Joe's favorite targets. He just had one bad game. In case anyone's forgotten, a lot of guys did.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Until he can prove that he can consistently catch the football which he hasn't, in the first regular season game nor any of the preseason games I will not expect anything from him. I think if it were any other free agent they would have been long gone by now. His relationship with Caldwell is the only thing keeping him around. I am sure he is showing something in practice, but it isn't translating to the games. Hopefully he can pull it together so he is just playing and not constantly worrying if he is making the right read, that is a huge part of it. Long season and jury is still out