Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Matt Elam & Arthur Brown

Complaining about rookies playing special teams?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Complaining about rookies playing special teams?
    Really!

I mean, we can't play starters on ST, we can't play veterans on ST and we now can't play rookies on ST!!!

Somewhat of a tangent, but did anyone else nothing Talib playing ST last night for Belichick? And, here I thought Harbaugh was the only HC stupid enough to play valuable starters on ST!!!
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Both of these guys should be starters by the end of the season. We're deep enough to bring them along slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by Random Thoughts View Post
    Didn't key players get hurt playing special teams during Harbaugh era? I can think of Jimmy Smith and Webb.
    Marcus Smith in preseason 2009.

He would have become a good receiver for us otherwise!

Blog Entries

If Joe Flacco and Jacoby Jones don't bail the team out with that play in Denver, Harbaugh's getting roasted right now for the poor special teams play. It's the same reason San Fransisco wasn't in back to back Super Bowls.

Everybody disses it until it royally screws them over, then it's a big deal again.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Really!

I mean, we can't play starters on ST, we can't play veterans on ST and we now can't play rookies on ST!!!

Somewhat of a tangent, but did anyone else nothing Talib playing ST last night for Belichick? And, here I thought Harbaugh was the only HC stupid enough to play valuable starters on ST!!!
    And Fox is also stupid, haha. Wes Welker did such a nice job on ST last thursday, lol.

Btw sometimes people forget but our ST was doing a great job in the regular season, maybe they were the difference between PO or not. Ranked first (football Outsiders).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Both of these guys should be starters by the end of the season. We're deep enough to bring them along slowly.
    I posted links during camp that our top two picks would be sitting for the opener
    because the Ravens were so deep but that Brown especially could be impacting by
    the end of the year.

I don't understand what's there to learn about special teams. Many fringe players make
    the squad via special teams. YOu either have it or you don't.

As kids in little league they kicked the ball and we went running down the field and
    made the tackles or the blocks all the way thru hi school and college.

So by the time they reach the pros, every college player drafted should know how
    to play special teams unless your'e the kicker.

In the old days they called them the suicide squads and we loved it. I won more
    than a couple of games playing on special teams at my lowly level.

Blog Entries

@mzenitz: Not sure if it's worth reading into but Matt Elam and James Ihedigbo are the two safeties working with the first-team defense during warmups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    @mzenitz: Not sure if it's worth reading into but Matt Elam and James Ihedigbo are the two safeties working with the first-team defense during warmups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Good.

I'd prefer it that way and then work Huff in on Nickel and Dime packages.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Oh it's worth reading into.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Oh it's worth reading into.
    Yeah I think it's pretty obvious Elam is starting. They don't just switch around players in pregame warmups for fun.