Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Game Day Superstitions

What are yours? Here's one man's account (uh, that would be me)...

Please share yours. These are the things that define fandom!

GO RAVENS!!!
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: Game Day Superstitions

Colour coordination is a must. I will find out which jersey the team will wear and I have my purple Flacco and my white Jarett Johnson.

I don't have a black jersey but a black team T-shirt will do

Blog Entries

Believe me, mine are too many to mention.

It's only weird if it doesn't work...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

LOL!!! Hell yea! That was a great article. You are definately not crazy. There are way to many people who have their little things that help them on game day. I like hearing about all of them because it doesn't make me feel any wierder than anyone else. It's what you do when you love your team. And yes, it's only wierd when it doesn't work.

If I go to a game, I always make sure I pat Johnny's foot before I go in. Doesn't matter if I'm sitting on the other side, I'll walk from there. I cannot go to a game without doing that. My wife went to her 1st NFL game ever last year against the Cowboys. We all know what happened in that game, and how it turned out. Before the game, she steadfastly REFUSED to even touch John's statue because she felt if she did, we'd loose. I was pretty upset about it but, when that kick sailed left and we won, the 1st thing she said after we settled down was "See? I told you I shouldn't have touched him" We lost Webb and Ray that day but, it really sounds crazy typing it out here.

My other ritual that I have had pretty much since 96 is my jersey. I wear it every game day and, I do not wash it until the season is over so, it will definately be worn for 20 days garunteed. (4 pre-season, 16 regular) So depending on how the Ravens finish out, you could add another 3-4 to it. A full 3 weeks really. Nice and stanky. Some wing sauce, chilli stains, beer spills.....etc. Yea. I've had many players over the years. Sharpe for SB35, and Flacco for last year during the regular season. I gave my Flacco jersey to my son to wear for the playoffs, and wore Ray's 52 last year because he was retiring. The ONLY time I have switched jerseys in mid season.

Looks like I have to think of something else this year!

I have a magnetic bottle opener which for some reason I always make sure I have attached to the fridge upside down when not in use. I also have a tendency to wash my hands twice after using the bathroom on game days rather than once. Not sure why I do either one of these. That's about it as far as I'm concerned. I always wear a purple polo shirt on the last day of work prior to a game (so for instance, on Friday for Sunday games, or Monday or Thursday for games on those days), and then during the game I either wear a jersey or a Ravens t-shirt, no real rhyme or reason there.

I didn't wash my Ngata jersey throughout our Championship run. After the game it went into storage unwashed until opening day.

I washed it today and will try to bring the mojo back starting tomorrow.

I also had a playoff beard that had grown to somewhat unmanageable length until Thursday. It came off Friday.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I didn't wash my Ngata jersey throughout our Championship run...
    I have a similar story. I didn't wash myself during the Ravens playoff run, right up through the Super Bowl victory. Hmmm, I wonder why nobody, including my wife, came to my Super Bowl party (?) ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I have a similar story. I didn't wash myself during the Ravens playoff run, right up through the Super Bowl victory. Hmmm, I wonder why nobody, including my wife, came to my Super Bowl party (?) ... Bc
    Lol...that's disgusting Bc...lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

similar here too BC, championship run consisted me of my wife and I going to my cousins house to watch the game, i'd wear my Ray Lewis jersey every game. Also had the same type of beer at the same parts of each game. so far this year i haven't followed that same ritual though.

Blog Entries

It used to work for Stiller fans. Normal routine.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Last year during the Denver playoff game our usual tailgate group went over to a friends to watch the game. He had a big screen set outside on his patio, but a much nicer and larger TV inside, as well as several smaller TV's around his bar. A couple of us went outside to smoke cigars during the game, and whenever we did, the Ravens seem to do well (score, hold Peyton on third down, etc.) We decided to stay outside and watch the game in spite of the cold. Sure enough we pulled it out (and you that it was because of a safety mistake by Denver.

The next week against NE we decided to do the same thing, even though it was frigid outside. In hats, gloves, and next to a small fire pit, we watched the game outside, except it could only be the same folks who watched outside the week before. We passed up a perfectly warm house, with a huge big screen, to watch on a much smaller TV in the cold to make sure we made it to the Super Bowl.

As for the regular season, I always arrive at our lot around 7:45-8:00. We make breakfast, and set up the bar. If I have not already gone on Saturday, I grab a diet coke and walk up to Holy Cross in Federal Hill for 9:00 mass. I come back, drink the first of several Guinness's--always from a real glass, not some redneck plastic solo cup. I enjoy yelling at late-arriving visiting fans who drive through our aisle causing us to move tables, chairs, grills, and corn hole games so they can squeeze into the last open spot in the aisle. While doing this I occasionally say bad words, thereby negating all the good I did for myself going to church.

Afterwards I walk all the way around the stadium, passing several perfectly good entrances, so I can rub Johnny U's high tops for good luck.

Not even your sister-in-law?