Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: AFC starting to take shape

Denver is probably going to rack up a good 13 wins. That is not their problem. Their problem is that when they get that #1 seed, Peyton is going to continue to struggle in the colder conditions. It's the elephant in the room that will be all, but forgotten until they play another divisional round game and Peyton barely throws beyond 20 yards.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I always say you don't know your teams until Thanksgiving. And as last year showed us, even then might be too early
    The Cardinals started last season 4-0 and ended up with a record of 5-11. It is so hard to know early on exactly what you have

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Cardinals started last season 4-0 and ended up with a record of 5-11. It is so hard to know early on exactly what you have
    their D wore out cause they O was horrendous

I think the game against Denver showed the biggest advantage Denver has over other teams. Jack Del Rio. He was able to correctly use scheme out get good production out of a defense that was without 3 of its previous years top performers. There's not a comparison with Pees. Plus, Denver has a lot if young talent on D that will be well known as the year goes on. They got Chris Harris, Wolfe, Woodyard, and that Taco guy to name a few

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    Denver.
    Everyone else.

Outside of Denver, right now not too many scary teams out there in the AFC. And i think they may also be overrated too...

Baltimore, Houston, KC, NE, Indy, Cincy all have some deficiencies but should be in the AFC playoff hunt come the end of the seaosn.

The comeback was great against SD...for a change, but Houston has the greatest overhyped players in the league. Great talent that absolutley shrivels when the going gets tough. My guess is Johnson, Foster and Schaub will continue to be underwhelming this year.

KC is an unknown with Andy reid now at the helm. It was Jax, but they appear to be playing for him...Old Chiefs would not have done that. Is this defense for real?

NE's WRs looked pathetic last night, but that should improve if/when they get back Gronk and Amendola. Keeping them healthy is another story.

Indy looks promising, but you can't put yourself in those tough must-come-back situations during playoff time.

Cincy- more of the same. Great talent, but whether it's the Red Rifle or Marvin, they just can't seem to get over the hump. Seem to lack mental toughness.
    You can't be serious, with 15 games, left you say this, OMG

Blog Entries

Week 1 is the week where the most out of the ordinary stuff happens.

Case in point, the Ravens giving up 7 TD passes and......the Jets winning.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

What's this "Denver changed nothing"? They don't have their two best pass rushers from last year, and Bailey looks like he might not be having much impact this year either.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    Denver.
    Everyone else.

Cincy- more of the same. Great talent, but whether it's the Red Rifle or Marvin, they just can't seem to get over the hump. Seem to lack mental toughness.
    We love Marvin here, but he is poor at clock management and he can no longer hide it. That and a few stupid penalties cost us a well played 1st game on the road. Doh!
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

The only thing I will say with any kind of half way certainty is that JVille/Oakland/Cleveland will not be in the playoff mix this year. (And yes.... I know Oakland hung in there vs. the Colts but I see that as pure fluke) And just based on their crappy divisions alone you can count on the usual suspects being in the hunt... Denver/NE/Houston. Beyond that who the hell knows?

Even decent teams left for dead already can surprise. Discount the Steelers at your own risk. I can easily see them as being like the Yankees of the last couple years.... an aging team with all kind of injuries and guys signed of the scrap heap yet against all odds staying in the thick of it to the end. Shoot...... I can even see the Jets being border line compettive in a last gasp rally around Rex. I guess I could add us here but no sensible "expert" is leaving us for dead already.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Quote Originally Posted by palukaraven View Post
    No offense, but every one of these teams other than New England have only played once. I'm not sure how anyone can ascertain anything from one week? If we were going by the first week, the Ravens certainly wouldn't look to be in the mix. It's just my opinion, however I feel after 4 or 5 weeks, everything then will begin to take shape. ( And maybe not even then )
    It usually takes 4 weeks to figure out who the surprise up and coming team is going to be as well as the surprise bad team. First 4 weeks is usually the feeling out period. Next 8 separates the pretenders from the contenders. That being said the division winners look to be set in 3 divisions. Den, NWE and Houston should all win their divisions. Pitt with injuries last weekend looks like they will have a tough time competing for the division and or wildcard. They may be 0-2 after Monday night. After week 4 we will have a better idea of who looks to be competing for the wildcard. Right now it looks to be Bal/cin, Indy, Ten, KC and Miami. Ravens probably have the toughest schedule based on winning the division last year.

When we get to the 1/4 point of the season - then things will start to fall in place.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    When we get to the 1/4 point of the season - then things will start to fall in place.
    Mathematically, I believe it's the 5/8 point...or when 62.5% of the games have been played.
    Hmmm, where's that slide rule? ... Bc