Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

The Sad Plight of Mark Sanchez

Adam Schefter reporting that Mark Sanchez has a labral tear in his throwing shoulder, which requires surgery by Dr. Andrews and will put him out for the season.

To me, the circumstances remind me a lot of Kyle Boller's last year in Baltimore...We had just drafted Flacco, but Boller and Troy Smith were fighting out for who got to keep the spot warm for Flacco. Boller gets injured in a preseason game (coincidentally, a shoulder joint injury, at the time Harbaugh said it was either a torn labrum or a tear in the "connection to the biceps") and is IR'd, allowing Flacco to get the job early(Troy Smith also out with tonsilitis). After that, he is summarily sent packing out of town.

I'm not sure the cap rammifications of releasing Sanchez after this year, but I'd imagine unless Geno Smith outright TANKS worse than Ryan Leaf this year, he's the guy going forward. Find it hard to see them bringing Sanchez back for another year to hold a clipboard.

Buttfumble, it was nice knowing you...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Re: The Sad Plight of Mark Sanchez

Most may think me strange, but if Tyrod Taylor splits, I think Sanchez wouldn't be a bad option as a back up.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Most may think me strange, but if Tyrod Taylor splits, I think Sanchez wouldn't be a bad option as a back up.
    Joe Flacco would rather not have someone wiping his nose diggings on him...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Sanchez is the embodiment of every reason why I'm so glad Rex was never the head coach of this team.

"Players Coach" of Rex's ilk never last long and never win Super Bowls. They also completely ruin talent.

Go back and watch the season of Hard Knocks with the Jets. All Sanchez needed was encouragement and a little confidence boosting. Instead, he got the jock treatment from Rex.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Sanchez is the embodiment of every reason why I'm so glad Rex was never the head coach of this team.

"Players Coach" of Rex's ilk never last long and never win Super Bowls. They also completely ruin talent.

Go back and watch the season of Hard Knocks with the Jets. All Sanchez needed was encouragement and a little confidence boosting. Instead, he got the jock treatment from Rex.
    :word

Blog Entries

I swear to god when that season aired, I was convinced that Rex and Sanchez would never make it.

Blog Entries

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree in Rex's case.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I also think they have completely mis used his talents. In college he was very mobile and threw a lot on the run, but the Jets completely abandoned that.

Not saying Sanchez is a great talent but a lot of times it's where they're drafted that determines success. I feel the same about Henne, guy really got a bum situation. Who knows how it might've worked out if he'd gone to a more stable organization

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Why? There are a ton of high round QBs who are talented and flopped available. Why Sanchez?

Blog Entries

Sanchez said he won the competition with geno smith.

LOOOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Why? There are a ton of high round QBs who are talented and flopped available. Why Sanchez?
    Because unlike guys like Jimmy Clausen and Brady Quinn and Matt Leinart, Sanchez has performed well in the past. He isn't great, but in a pinch I think he could play decently enough to win a few games.

I'd rather keep Tyrod, but I could see him getting some looks from a QB starved team interested in the read-option.

Blog Entries

Because unlike guys like Jimmy Clausen and Brady Quinn and Matt Leinart, Sanchez has performed well in the past. He isn't great, but in a pinch I think he could play decently enough to win a few games.

I'd rather keep Tyrod, but I could see him getting some looks from a QB starved team interested in the read-option.
    I'd rather trade for Jason Campbell
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore