Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Terrific Ozzie article

awesome read !!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I'm struck by Ozzie's even keel patient approach to everyone. Great Great read. While a lot of us here are fuming and hitting th e panic button I can just picture Ozzie quietly sitting back and saying "What part of I've got this don't you understand" LOL
    its the career and body of work, not whats going on now, you gotta give credit where credit is due..Now if some reason with what we have now we even sniff the playoffs? That would most definitely be one of Ozz's defining moments this season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brown2RAVEN View Post
    Cleveland ’95: A Football Life
    agree -a great show
    Yes I've watched it twice and I came away with a complete understanding of why their fans hate Modell. IMO he completely mishandled things by announcing the move one year before they actually moved. It was a total lame duck season and as ugly as it gets.

Hindsight 20/20 but they could've handled it differently.

OP thanks for posting the article, great read.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    its the career and body of work, not whats going on now, you gotta give credit where credit is due..Now if some reason with what we have now we even sniff the playoffs? That would most definitely be one of Ozz's defining moments this season.
    That's what makes it even more impressive. He's been like this since day 1. If we make the playoffs it will be business as usual for Ozzie and the FO. After reading this article I think we'll be alright this year

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Great article. Thanks for posting.

If anyone is interested in this subject there is an America's Game on NFL Network that's about the Belechick years in Cleveland. You get to see a young Ozzie along with Pioli, Schwartz, Dimitroff, Savage, Mangini, Kokinis and even Kevin Byrne. It's very enlightening. They said that Bill was looking for another Bill. The only one who ever ended up that way out of the whole group was Ozzie.
    :word

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    That's what makes it even more impressive. He's been like this since day 1. If we make the playoffs it will be business as usual for Ozzie and the FO. After reading this article I think we'll be alright this year
    honestly I think they drop the ball a bit this offseason, I guess we will see how it turns out, but I don't have much hope for what they gave Joe to worth with this season.

Blog Entries

Just took the time to read every word of that article - fantastic. Thanks for posting

“He’s a metronome,” says David Modell. “You can set your watch by him.”

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Really good read.

What struck me is the number of people who go to bat for him. It's obvious that folks within the Ravens FO are going to speak the world of him, but to see the number of people outside the team who are influential themselves that speak highly of him only solidifies what most of feel about him.

You're never going to get rid of trolls on message boards (coughLoyolacough) but for those who are misinformed about Ozzie, this should be required reading.

RiW - Thanks for posting the article link. It really is a great read, and is a good reminder of just how important the long-term view is for a franchise to be successful. Sometimes we as fans (and I include myself here) get caught up in the short term issues. The WR situation right now offers itself as a good example. After reading this article, though, a Ravens fan can't help but feel pretty fortunate.

Blog Entries

Thanks for posting this. Great article!
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Thanks for posting. That article is worth it for the lead picture alone.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Really good read.

What struck me is the number of people who go to bat for him. It's obvious that folks within the Ravens FO are going to speak the world of him, but to see the number of people outside the team who are influential themselves that speak highly of him only solidifies what most of feel about him.

You're never going to get rid of trolls on message boards (coughLoyolacough) but for those who are misinformed about Ozzie, this should be required reading.
    Jerry Reese is another guy I respect a lot and for him to heap praise on Oz speaks volumes about how great of a GM he is.