The smoke clears on Arthur Jones...

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...0-18df2ab790f5

This may be old news, but the first I've heard was just now on the Ravens website. Looks like Arthur Jones was held out for an elevated heart-rate of unknown origin. And they feel they now have it under control.

That's good news, we need him back in the DL rotation, who all seemed to suffer from elevated HRs at Denver's elevation. (Not trying to make light of it; I know firsthand that not knowing WTF is happening is often more uncomfortable than any of the symptoms).

Blog Entries

Re: The smoke clears on Arthur Jones...

He's practice two days in a row, so I assume he's gonna play Sunday.

Blog Entries

When nothing was being said, there was a lot of speculation about STI or something more seedy.

The real condition is much scarier. There was some talk earlier in the week about it being an infection near his heart, but that gave way to his explanation of an irregular heartbeat.

Hope he can come back from that, but I wouldn't be surprised if they held him out a week or two as precaution.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Yeah, I hope all those who engaged in ridiculous speculation feel silly now. People on here claimed he had everything from an STD to hemorrhoids and even bashed him for requesting privacy through Twitter.

They won't feel silly or ashamed. Now what will those people come up with next.

Blog Entries

The good news is that Arthur Jones is okay. Haters are going to hate. I wonder if he gets it worse than other athletes because of his famous brothers?

Blog Entries
    Did he get hit by a face hugger or something? I mean I wouldn't mind it coming out on a 3rd down...

Blog Entries

I think people "speculating" were .... joking, perhaps.

Some people in this forum who resorted to speculation of STD's or other "seedy" causes for his absence need to publicly post an apology. Dude thought he might die of a heart condition- and you all were busy accusing him of getting bad strange. S M H !!!

Although I will say that he did himself no favors by keeping the matter private. I understand HIPAA regulations and all that, but if you have a serious health condition and people are worried about you, there's no law against telling what's wrong. It gets people off your back and prevents needless speculation.

Hopefully all parties learned a lesson from this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 13ravenfan View Post
    Some people in this forum who resorted to speculation of STD's or other "seedy" causes for his absence need to publicly post an apology. Dude thought he might die of a heart condition- and you all were busy accusing him of getting bad strange. S M H !!!
    Speculation =/= accusation. IMO most of us were concerned as to how it might affect the team beyond his not being cleared to play.

My speculation/concern was something with potential to cause major disruption--serious & damnably contagious like MRSA. But I wasn't "accusing" Arthur of anything. People come down with things--it kinda goes with being alive.

Frankly, I almost wish it had been MRSA. That can be treated & cured (albeit with no little difficulty). As it apparently stands, no one knows what caused his ticker to kick over into arrhythmia, & there's no guarantee it won't all of a sudden resurface. That's scary.

(NB Out of the blue, my father was once taken to the hospital with arrhythmia, & it was serious enough that the attending staff called us & said, "If you have anything to say to him that hasn't been said, you need to come in now, because we're not sure we can stabilize his heartbeat." We did...& they did eventually...but it was a scary moment.)

Although I will say that he did himself no favors by keeping the matter private. I understand HIPAA regulations and all that, but if you have a serious health condition and people are worried about you, there's no law against telling what's wrong. It gets people off your back and prevents needless speculation.
    Concur. There was nothing at all in his condition to be embarrassed about. But he was probably scared spitless & had a helluva lot more on his mind than whether he was playing next Sunday--it's only natural he'd want to deal with it in private.