Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2013 college ball

Yea, but they could easily have a shot at Jake Matthews or Taylor Lewan and all of a sudden their OL gets a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

DeCastro has SUCKED so far, and it doesn't surprise me. He just wasn't that good, he got all that hype because he looked big and nasty, and was protecting Andrew Luck. Greg Cosell was much higher on Kevin Zeitler (who BTW has been a stud, and I think the Ravens liked him over DeCastro too).

Still pretty chuffed we landed with Upshaw though, he's been everything you needed so far, but I still would have preferred Zeitler or Glenn. Its turning out to be a pretty strong draft class either way, and there have been big contributors/studs everywhere so far.

Blog Entries

I don't think DeCastro is really that bad, this is essentially his rookie season. He tore his ACL last year. Plus, you really aren't going to be able to see what any of those lineman are made of until Roethlisberger and Haley get on the same page. Haley wants the ball out quick, Roethlisberger wants to hold it. Haley wants the short pass. Roethlisberger wants the deep throw. Haley wants the throw away when there's nothing there, Roethlisberger wants to hold onto the ball and force the issue.

This disconnect has to be driving their offensive line nuts.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    DeCastro has SUCKED so far, and it doesn't surprise me. He just wasn't that good, he got all that hype because he looked big and nasty, and was protecting Andrew Luck. Greg Cosell was much higher on Kevin Zeitler (who BTW has been a stud, and I think the Ravens liked him over DeCastro too).

Still pretty chuffed we landed with Upshaw though, he's been everything you needed so far, but I still would have preferred Zeitler or Glenn. Its turning out to be a pretty strong draft class either way, and there have been big contributors/studs everywhere so far.
    Agreed about Zeitler.

And from the great Northwest, Speaking of Colt Lyerla...Austin Seferian-Jenkins ladies and gentleman:

- suspended for 1st game for drinking and driving
    - publiclaly called out by his coach for poor practice habits
    - dropped a crucial pass last week vs Stanford with the game on the line
    - Against Oregon this week 2 catches for 36 yards and 1 TD. Pretty invisible and that was because he couldn't get separation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    And from the great Northwest, Speaking of Colt Lyerla...Austin Seferian-Jenkins ladies and gentleman:

- suspended for 1st game for drinking and driving
    - publiclaly called out by his coach for poor practice habits
    - dropped a crucial pass last week vs Stanford with the game on the line
    - Against Oregon this week 2 catches for 36 yards and 1 TD. Pretty invisible and that was because he couldn't get separation.
    Yea, not sure what his deal is.

Guaranteed come draft day several teams will have him on the "No Draft" list.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

I was a pretty big Zietler fan and he would be our center right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I'll tell you guys what, Maryland's CJ Brown has been super impressive this season. I don't think he is a top draft pick or anything, but I could see a team taking a late round flier on him. Nice size at 6'3" 215lbs and he can run. Average arm, but nice mid range accuracy.

I want Mike Evans. Can we have Mike Evans, please? he's awesome.

I've been impressed with Dion Bailey at FS for USC this year. Speed, size, hits hard, etc. Could be good value in round 2; great value in round 3.

Blog Entries

2013 college ball

Quote Originally Posted by Corvo View Post

I want Mike Evans. Can we have Mike Evans, please? he's awesome.
    I like Evans a lot too. I think he compares heavily to Vincent Jackson.

He isn't my favorite receiver in this class though. Marqise Lee out of USC, Sammy Watkins out of Clemson and Jordan Matthews out of Vanderbilt are my favorites. Evans is #4.

I also like Cody Hoffman, Brandon Coleman and Josh Huff a lot. Josh Huff has some serious wheels for being 210lbs.

He is raw, but his physical ability is on oar with receivers like Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson and Demaryius Thomas.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    I've been impressed with Dion Bailey at FS for USC this year. Speed, size, hits hard, etc. Could be good value in round 2; great value in round 3.
    Good player. He actually played LB last year for USC. I like him as a mid rounder who would compete with Dig for the SS position.