Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2013 college ball

I thought this was interesting.

At least 26 NFL scouts will be in attendance to watch Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater take on Rutgers Thursday, Oct. 10. The general managers for the Jacksonville Jaguars and Pittsburgh Steelers will be in attendance, and the director of scouting for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Bridgewater is averaging 312.4 passing yards per game and has 16 touchdowns and just one interception on the season. Rutgers WR Brandon Coleman will also be of interest to NFL scouts.

Read more: http://kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2hGqzwQae
    Preparing for life after Ben?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I thought this was interesting.

Preparing for life after Ben?
    I would bet almost anything that they were there looking at Brandon Coleman from Rutgers.

He is a 6'6" 220lb receiver who can run.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

You may be right, but in recovering from this dismal season, PIT seems like a team will follow the "...get back to smashmouth football" mantra; and IMO that points to something like OL in the 1st and ILB in the 2nd.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

At this point, it would be irresponsible of Kevin Colbert, or any GM for that matter, to not prepare for life after Ben.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Totally agree, but it would be tragic to stick TeddyB or any other rook behind that line; and they are most certainly going to have to fix any of their long-term holes (OL, LB and DT) via the Draft. Their 2014 cap hits? ...they make ours look meaningless.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    At this point, it would be irresponsible of Kevin Colbert, or any GM for that matter, to not prepare for life after Ben.
    Isn't Roethlisberger signed for like 2 or 3 more years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Totally agree, but it would be tragic to stick TeddyB or any other rook behind that line; and they are most certainly going to have to fix any of their long-term holes (OL, LB and DT) via the Draft. Their 2014 cap hits? ...they make ours look meaningless.
    Brandon Coleman makes sense for them and they've been looking for a bigger receiver for years. They even resigned Plax this year.

They won't be able to keep Emmanuel Sanders and Markus Wheaton is a slot receiver...not a guy you want as a starter.

Hey, I would definitely encourage them to take Coleman with their 2nd.

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

How much would the Steelers save from cutting Ben?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    How much would the Steelers save from cutting Ben?
    No idea.

They gave him a 7 yr $100 million dollar deal about 4 or 5 years ago.

Blog Entries

Yea, he is signed through 2015. He accounts for $17.8 mill against their cap next year and because they've already restructured once, I would imagine cutting him would cost them quite a bit in dead money.

The reality is , they are stuck with Roethlisberger for at least another year. He is only 31 and can still play, but I don't think Todd Haley has a good concept on how to use him.

They have a lot of needs, but they'll get Pouncey back next year, they still have Brown and Wheaton and Heath Miller...my guess is one of the top OTs will be their first choice and a WR will be their second.

Blog Entries

Their horrid cap situation has already cost them two of the draft picks that actually have panned out recently, Mike Wallace and Keenan Lewis. Wallace may be a one trick pony, but his one trick fit Ben's style of play and skill-set the best. Antonio Brown is a better fit for Todd Haley's system, but Ben isn't playing ball. Of the three high profile OL prospects they took, two were questionable picks. Pouncey hasn't even been that good, but he's by far the best of what they've had on that line. DeCastro was a great pick. He had no business falling that far. There were plenty of posters here hoping that DeCastro would pass Pittsburgh, but knowing that there was no way. Nobody expected him to get hurt like that, just bad luck.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore