Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: 2013 college ball

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I wonder if the Eagles would part ways with James Casey? I've always liked him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    He a solid player and they might be with Celek signed for the next 4-5 years + rookie Ertz.
    He's got $8M hanging off of him over '14 and '15 though.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Lynch's hands are way too inconsistent for me.

I wonder if the Eagles would part ways with James Casey? I've always liked him.

Good H-Back guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Colt Lyerla is another TE that I really like.
    Colt Lyerla just quit school.

http://www.addictedtoquack.com/2013/...otball-program

I presume he'll be a 7th rounder/UDFA now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Colt Lyerla just quit school.

http://www.addictedtoquack.com/2013/...otball-program

I presume he'll be a 7th rounder/UDFA now.
    Wow, that was entirely unexpected.

Maybe there is some shit coming Oregons way and he was part of it?

I had him pegged as a sure fire second rounder.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Well that's damn unusual.
    Good for us maybe unless he's a total dick or was knee deep in multiple violations.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Wow, that was entirely unexpected.

Maybe there is some shit coming Oregons way and he was part of it?

I had him pegged as a sure fire second rounder.

No, there is no shit coming Oregon's way. The shit that was coming their way was settled last offseason with a very light slap on the wrist and did not involve him at all.

He's...troubled. No one outside the program knows anything but clearly his head wasn't in the game. I think he suffers from depression but that's way out on a limb. At any rate the problem is in his head. He kept skipping team meetings and classes. He kept dropping passes.

So now you got a guy with 32 career receptions and a NFL body who can't stay on the team, but didn't flunk out, but is leaving to devote himself to prepping for the draft. If he makes it to the combine-and that is a very big IF, we will see a great body on a kid who clearly is not mature or in any sense a leader. Oregon fans think he's a good blocker but I would take that with a grain of salt.

Fortunately this looks like a deep TE class anyway.
    Last edited by ursula; 10-07-2013 at 11:11 AM.

Almost 1/3 the way through 2013 and I figure that half the damn league might be looking for a QB (starter or a quality back-up to replace an old guy) in 2014.

QB Needy: MIN, CAR, TB, ARZ, STL, CLE, PIT, TEN, HOU, JAX (10)
    Bubble or if season turns badly: NYJ, BUF, CIN, SD, CHI, PHI (6)

This dynamic will always affect the Draft.

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

At this point, a guy like Antonio Richardson out of Tennessee looks like a typical raven pick already. Big, strong, mauler, with huge wing span. He is a student of the game, and would be the type of player that Ozzie covets. Michael Oher is likely gone after this season, especially if he continues to be solid. We will need to bring in a RT to compete with Wagner, so while its way too early to predict anything, this is one of those safe picks that Ozzie would go for.

Other candidates at this point are, Austin Seferian-Jenkins (unlikely because of character issues), Marqise Lee, James Hurst (although I expect his stock to significantly rise through out the draft process), and Xavier Su'a-Filo (could move KO to RT).

I don't expect a defensive player to be drafted, but it also wouldn't totally shock me. If Ozzie goes defensive, I see either a corner or an ILB to potentially replace Daryl Smith, and a corner may be taken to replace Corey Grahame. Two players I really like are CJ Moseley, and Loucheiz Purifoy (start this guy opposite Smith, with Webb in the nikel role, and you have two big physical corners).

Blog Entries

2013 college ball

Gabe Jackson is another interior lineman I really like. Hell of a run blocker.

He could be this year's Larry Warford.

Blog Entries

Gabe Jackson is another interior lineman I really like. Hell of a run blocker.

He could be this year's Larry Warford.

And btw, Larry Warford has been playing really well so far...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    And btw, Larry Warford has been playing really well so far...
    Yes, he most certainly has.