Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

2013 college ball

Post all thoughts on college games, what prospects are playing well, who's falling who's rising, who you want, who to watch out for etc.

ASJ is kind of my dream right now

Blog Entries

Re: 2013 college ball

I like Seferian-Jenkins a lot too, but his off-field shit is a concern. So much that I'd imagine a lot of teams will take him off their draft board altogether.

Colt Lyerla, 6'5" 245lbs out of Oregon and CJ Fiedorowicz, 6'7" 260lbs out of Iowa are my favorite tight ends in this coming draft.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I like Seferian-Jenkins a lot too, but his off-field shit is a concern. So much that I'd imagine a lot of teams will take him off their draft board altogether.

Colt Lyerla, 6'5" 245lbs out of Oregon....
    Yeah, I too wonder about ASJ. Great talent; not so sure of the off-field stuff. Abd being in Oregon and seeing Lyerla a lot he's great talent but also some odd off-field stuff. He got into a weird twitter thingy this offseason, tweeting some real right wing insensitive stuff:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...00--ncaaf.html

Beyond that his personality just seems...depressed somehow. Not imaginative or happy. He also dropped 3 easy passes vs Virginia last weekend. Is a good blocker though and should be a high round pick when he comes out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Yeah, I too wonder about ASJ. Great talent; not so sure of the off-field stuff. Abd being in Oregon and seeing Lyerla a lot he's great talent but also some odd off-field stuff. He got into a weird twitter thingy this offseason, tweeting some real right wing insensitive stuff:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...00--ncaaf.html

Beyond that his personality just seems...depressed somehow. Not imaginative or happy. He also dropped 3 easy passes vs Virginia last weekend. Is a good blocker though and should be a high round pick when he comes out.
    The only TE I see being a 1st rounder is Fiedorowicz. He's got the size, blocking skills and receiving skills. I doubt he'll be as fast as Eiffert or Ertz, but I think he could be a late 1st rounder.

ASJ "could" be that guy like Eiffert and Ertz if he gets his ish together and finishes the season strong.

I've been obsessed with tracking WRs (imagine that), but I hope to back-shelf that provided Marlon continues to improve. Still, two WRs I like a lot are Odell Beckham from LSU (pretty much on everyone's radar) and Robert Herron from Wyoming (will probably stay below radar through April unless he kills the Sr Bowl and/or Combine).

DVR'd 17 games so far. Going to look at TEs, CBs and DTs from them starting tonight soon.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Oh Lord...no work is going to get done today

BYU TE here. Why not?

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/kane...on-state-2012/

He ain't Pitta. Looks like Day 3/UDFA cat right now, but the one thing that I can take away from this game is field awareness. Notice the plays that begin at 1:00, 2:20 and 2:57. The play at 2:57 is subtle, but he sets up his YAC as he's jumping to high point the catch. Going up with his legs uneven and coming down uneven allows him to gather himself and turn upfield quickly.

Con: Nothing great with his blocking and not the quickest guy at 6'5 255.

Will be following him to see how comfortable he is high-point the ball on seam routes with a safety or deep LB coming at him.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Damn. UNC TE Eric Ebron is a dude that will be pretty attractive to all 32 if can bring some consistency to his game in '13.

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/eric-ebron/

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Damn. UNC TE Eric Ebron is a dude that will be pretty attractive to all 32 if can bring some consistency to his game in '13.

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/eric-ebron/

Ebron is interesting.

I just prefer Colt Lyerla and Fiedorowicz.

I think Fiedorowicz is a lot like Jason Witten and could be someone that is very attractive to the Ravens because he is a total package TE in that he can block and get out, run some routes and catch the ball.

Lyerla is nowhere near as complete of a TE as Fiedorowicz, but that dude can fly and catch.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I've been obsessed with tracking WRs (imagine that), but I hope to back-shelf that provided Marlon continues to improve. Still, two WRs I like a lot are Odell Beckham from LSU (pretty much on everyone's radar) and Robert Herron from Wyoming (will probably stay below radar through April unless he kills the Sr Bowl and/or Combine).

DVR'd 17 games so far. Going to look at TEs, CBs and DTs from them starting tonight soon.

I doubt the Ravens have a shot at him, but my favorite receiver right now in next year's draft is Marqise Lee. I think that guy is Antonio Brown, 2.0 with an upgrade in vertical speed.

After him I really dig Jordan Matthews out of Vanderbilt. Big guy (6'3" 210lbs), but he runs nice routes and he always performs against SEC competition even though Vandy's QB sucks.

Mike Evans is beasting Alabama trying to press him.

Impressed.

I like Lee too. He actually reminds me of Cruz.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

If Bama scores here you can forget it. If Texas A&M's defense doesn't sure up now, it won't.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

That did it.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore