Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Monday Night Football

a lot of deception and it's going to cause the other team to get out of their gameplan to try and keep pace

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Ive watched Oregon a lot and I actually think this could be their best year. Beat Bama in the championship? too early to tell.

I love how they go for it so often on 4th down and go for 2 point conversion after scoring a TD

Blog Entries

RG3 is rusty

Man I'm glad the Browns didn't get Kelly.

One thing though...owners are going to be frothing at the mouth to pick off his assistants.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    a lot of deception and it's going to cause the other team to get out of their gameplan to try and keep pace

Not only that, but as long as you are moving the ball, this exhausts the defense which results in a lot of mental errors.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Ive watched Oregon a lot and I actually think this could be their best year. Beat Bama in the championship? too early to tell.

I love how they go for it so often on 4th down and go for 2 point conversion after scoring a TD

I agree, and I think a lot of it comes down to how dynamic of a talent Marcus Mariota is. They've had QBs who could run the offense well in the past but Mariota is more of an RGIII type talent who passes even better than he runs. He's just going to keep getting better.

I also really like their senior WR Josh Huff. He hasn't had great stats over the years but he reminds me a little of a faster and more physical Stedman Bailey, or a poor man's Kendall Wright. Really love how physical he plays and I'd love to see him in purple in 2014.

Skins are getting pushed around.

Very poor start at home.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    If you've been watching Oregon's offense for any length of time this should come as no surprise to you. Chip Kelly's offense just plain works and the reason why is that it beats the defense pre-snap, it's unpredictable, and it just lets everyone makes plays.

I hope Caldwell is taking notes.
    :word

There is a reason Oregon did so well.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Man I'm glad the Browns didn't get Kelly.

One thing though...owners are going to be frothing at the mouth to pick off his assistants.

And draft mobile QBs.

Tahj Boyd will be the top QB off the board next year.

While I agree that it's unpredictable, I don't think the route tree is anything different.

We run that play action boot that Djack scored on twice a game.

I think making the defense tired plays as big a role as any...guys just don't run as fast, tackle as well and there is a sharp increase in mental errors in coverage.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I agree, and I think a lot of it comes down to how dynamic of a talent Marcus Mariota is. They've had QBs who could run the offense well in the past but Mariota is more of an RGIII type talent who passes even better than he runs. He's just going to keep getting better.

I also really like their senior WR Josh Huff. He hasn't had great stats over the years but he reminds me a little of a faster and more physical Stedman Bailey, or a poor man's Kendall Wright. Really love how physical he plays and I'd love to see him in purple in 2014.
    Love Huff.

He is deceptively fast.

Blog Entries

Wow. Thanks for ruining my fantasy night Morris!
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"