Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    iggyman555 Guest

Re: not pretty in Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    I think no matter how bad talent wise they will be, they will play everyone tough.

On another note, most of us on this board called this downfall due to their bad drafts year after year. The one position they can draft pretty good is WRs, but can't find an O-lineman to save their souls. Couple that with the defensive players just getting older and older without any sense of replacements, we see what is become of them. I see long dark days ahead for them especially since they do not dig into FA.

In the today's NFL, even the best drafting teams go into FA, but the Steeler's seem to live in the past.
    we need to sign their WR scouts ASAP

Blog Entries

LOL - I know that was a joke but it's true.

Take the case where Ozzie drafted Patrick Johnson and left Hiney Ward on the board but he learned from that mistake. Hiney had an ACL from
    falling off his bike in the off season-lol and that dropped him. Piss took a chance on
    him and he practically ruined Ed Reed with a hit in the neck. Hell, their WRs even
    dance better than ours with Hiney winning it all on Dancing with the Stars and our
    guy Jacoby Jones losing with his partner pushing him harder the entire time.

But Oz learned his lesson from that and took Marlon Brown this year who wasn't drafted
    at all because he was injured and has paid dividends but then there was the time when he took Dem Wills (111th pick) and left Brandon Marshall on the board (119th pick) but he
    also got Ngata and Koch in that draft and they took him to SB 47 and another Lombardi
    Trophy and ring but just think, we should have had Ngata, Koch and Marshall in that
    draft.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_NFL_Draft

Then there was the draft he took Mark Clayton and left Roddy White on the board with Mel Kiper begging him to take White. Then there was the 04 draft where he took Devard
    Darling and Clarence Alligator Arms Moore in the same draft plus a WR from Kentucky
    who didn't even make the team. Moore cost us a trip to the POs with those arms.

Maybe Oz should just let Mel draft his WRs.

In spite of all that he still has 2 rings and should have several more that
    isn't his fault with all the talent he gave the Ravens. The culpables will remain
    nameless.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 09-11-2013 at 11:49 PM.

I think it will be a lackluster year for the piss and black, but they will still have some improbable wins this season. Their season isn't half as hard as ours, a problem I love to have as champs

As long as we have the bragging rights, I don't care....too many Stiller fans here in Gettysburg!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

I'm not counting the steelers out. Never have, never will. Since 2006 we've only swept them twice. Enough said.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    Also read article most fans left at end of 3rd quarter when still 1 score game. Plus over 5,000 noshows for the OPENER. What happened to such a great fanbase?
    Eventually even a fly leaves the pile of shit it was sitting on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    Also read article most fans left at end of 3rd quarter when still 1 score game. Plus over 5,000 noshows for the OPENER.
    That's why we call it Pissburgh.

Blog Entries

DeCastro went from cant miss prospect to looking completely out of place. Im starting to think it doesnt matter what talent the Steelers put on their line, its the coaching or something.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    DeCastro went from cant miss prospect to looking completely out of place. Im starting to think it doesnt matter what talent the Steelers put on their line, its the coaching or something.
    This made me chuckle, because you're kind of right in a way.

I also think a lot of it has to do with scheme. Some players just aren't a good fit for certain offensive schemes.

Boldin wasn't a great fit for Cam's offense, but he sure looks great in Greg Roman's offense.

Roethlisberger looks rather pedestrian in Todd Haley's offense, but he was pretty incredible in Bruce Arian's.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

I also think a lot of it has to do with scheme. Some players just aren't a good fit for certain offensive schemes.

Boldin wasn't a great fit for Cam's offense, but he sure looks great in Greg Roman's offense.

Roethlisberger looks rather pedestrian in Todd Haley's offense, but he was pretty incredible in Bruce Arian's.
    Coaching in the NFL is a lot more important than people realize.

Blog Entries

I will say this about not taking Roddy White. It's not as if White became a star overnight. White's drop issues have long been documented. It took him years to come around.

Not only do we need to hijack Pittsburgh's WR scouts, but we also need to hijack the WR coach they had under Arians (I can't remember if he followed Arians out).

The scheme issue is also true. For example, I don't think that Ray Rice is as good a fit for a zone blocking system, as for a man blocking system, but Pierce is a better fit for zone blocking.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Coaching in the NFL is a lot more important than people realize.
    Basically what I was getting at. Theyve tried to put some talent on that line and it just doesnt ever seem to come to fruition. That includes Pouncey, who despite the honors seems pretty mediocre to me.

There seems to be a lot of problems within their coaching ranks with clashing personalities and styles. I saw Tomlin shoulder Haley while he was yelling at him during that game sunday. That does not bode well. i see Haley looking for a job by mid season.
    -JAB