Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Kyle Juszyzck...I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by redramsam View Post
    You'd be surprised by the academic double standard when it comes to athletes in the Ivy's.
    Yes i know there are some cats who can't even read that play college ball i know i have a cousin like that got by on sheer talent all his life while taking breathing courses just to pass in college. Again though, Harvard doesn't let Any and anyone into their gates, i believe more along the lines of Juice not being ready in terms of NFL game speed versus not knowing the whole playbook, for starters once he was drafted he was issued one back then months before camp and even OTAs so he had ample time to learn it.

Blog Entries

He's been playing against the likes of Brown, Princeton and Holy Cross.

This is a little bit tougher. Give the kid some time

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He's been playing against the likes of Brown, Princeton and Holy Cross.

This is a little bit tougher. Give the kid some time
    Exactly NFL competition is a lot faster and bigger than that, so 'ill buy him not game speed ready versus not knowing the playbook ready.

Blog Entries

Harbaugh saw everything that we did on Thursday night. He's been through every frame of the game at this point. I can't see him just throwing up his hands and going with the same mix of players and plays that didn't work. Juice is going to get snaps. Caldwell is going to come up with some real H-back packages that work with the offense. As upset and critical as we are it's nothing compared to how the coaching staff is feeling

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Harbaugh saw everything that we did on Thursday night. He's been through every frame of the game at this point. I can't see him just throwing up his hands and going with the same mix of players and plays that didn't work. Juice is going to get snaps. Caldwell is going to come up with some real H-back packages that work with the offense. As upset and critical as we are it's nothing compared to how the coaching staff is feeling
    Thats what i am saying, there's no way they just sit back and go with the same shit that didnt work especially when they already knew what they had in players like Dickson, Clark and Stokely. The fact they already publicly said they are looking at other players on the market right now shows that they know what they have is not going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    The Ravens aren't ready to roll out any of their big plays
    yet. Wait til they get to the division rivals. They were just
    fooling around and still scored 27 pts while Denver threw
    everything they had at them.
    I guess they were just "fooling around" on defense too?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Yes i know there are some cats who can't even read that play college ball i know i have a cousin like that got by on sheer talent all his life while taking breathing courses just to pass in college. Again though, Harvard doesn't let Any and anyone into their gates, i believe more along the lines of Juice not being ready in terms of NFL game speed versus not knowing the whole playbook, for starters once he was drafted he was issued one back then months before camp and even OTAs so he had ample time to learn it.
    The whole "maybe he doesn't know the playbook" is nothing more than some dumbass lame whimsical notion dreamed up by folks who just can't come up with anything better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    The fact they already publicly said they are looking at other players on the market right now shows that they know what they have is not going to work.
    I think that only means they know they have some changes to make in their depth, or guys who can play special teams. There aren't any quality starters just sitting by the phone right now. They could use an upgrade backup on the OL; they could use a return man (I think giving away David Reed was sheer stupidity); they could use another CB (instead of 5 safeties). I would be looking at Moe Lee right now. He's still a free agent. They are woefully shorthanded in the CB department.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    The whole "maybe he doesn't know the playbook" is nothing more than some dumbass lame whimsical notion dreamed up by folks who just can't come up with anything better.
    exactly!!!

If there is one thing I know about the Ravens it is that they are very conservative and will wait a long time before making any major changes. I expect the same basic group back out there on offense next week with this rookie still sitting around.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    If there is one thing I know about the Ravens it is that they are very conservative and will wait a long time before making any major changes. I expect the same basic group back out there on offense next week with this rookie still sitting around.
    :word

IMO the people screaming for Juice and Furst are similar to the people that were screaming for Eron Riley and Tommy Streeter the past few years. A lot of it (myself included) is hopeful thinking. All have potential, but that potential is hard to get onto the game field. The NFL game is so much faster and more demanding. All of these guys can flash here and there, it's consistency that's so tough.

Juice and Furst were decent enough college players, but are NFL projects right now. Nothing against their potential, but i'd imagine they are coming along slowly and working on that consistency.

It's a tough gig. Heck, Marlon Brown is doing everything the Raven's ask of him, including catching passes across the middle and scoring TDs, but aparently the coaching staff didn;t see it CONSISTENTLY in practice...IMO he still doesn't look the part of an NFL receiver yet. He's not as filled out and not as polished. But he's progressing slowly and his time will come. He's growing into his role.