Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Kyle Juszyzck...I'm confused.

Why draft a guy who was a hell of a receiver in college and can line up all over the field...and then not use him when Dickson was dropping shit left and right?

It seems like they're only looking at him as STs/traditional fullback, but I think he is much more than that.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Kyle Juszyzck...I'm confused.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Why draft a guy who was a hell of a receiver in college and can line up all over the field...and then not use him when Dickson was dropping shit left and right?

It seems like they're only looking at him as STs/traditional fullback, but I think he is much more than that.
    Solo this coaching staff is on one this year I am not understanding half these damn moves they have made, why continue to play bynes when he was clearly struggling in pass coverage when you have Brown? why put a TE on the PS when all he has been doing is CATCHING THE DAMN BALL???

I don't think that's all they are looking to get out of him. They just wanted to see Dickson play. The only reason we saw so many targets go to Marlon Brown was because Jacoby Jones got an injury. This is how our coaches typically use rookies I think. Dickson didn't practice much or play snaps in the preseason so he might just be a little rusty. If the coaches expect him to perform this season, they leave him in in the blowout rather than going to the rookie because they need him to get some experience on the field since he had an interrupted offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

This. And I think they seriously need to reconsider promoting Furst from the PS.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    I don't think that's all they are looking to get out of him. They just wanted to see Dickson play. The only reason we saw so many targets go to Marlon Brown was because Jacoby Jones got an injury. This is how our coaches typically use rookies I think. Dickson didn't practice much or play snaps in the preseason so he might just be a little rusty. If the coaches expect him to perform this season, they leave him in in the blowout rather than going to the rookie because they need him to get some experience on the field since he had an interrupted offseason.
    Man AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!!! you in the NFL Dickson aint no damn rookie if he dropping easy damn catches sit his muthafuckin ass dow and get someone in there who can this aint no lets wait and see, there are players out there who would are slobbering over the opportunity to make millions doing what this bum can't this god damn coaching staff need to pull their head out their god damn asses!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Man AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!!! you in the NFL Dickson aint no damn rookie if he dropping easy damn catches sit his muthafuckin ass dow and get someone in there who can this aint no lets wait and see, there are players out there who would are slobbering over the opportunity to make millions doing what this bum can't this god damn coaching staff need to pull their head out their god damn asses!!
    Yeah. I laughed when I read "They just wanted to see Dickson play". I think we've ALL seen Dickson play; that's the problem, not the solution.

;)

Sometimes this team just seems dull when it comes to making important decisions. I still remember all the angst when it came to the competition between Tucker and Cundiff. And many fans bought into it as well. It was all that: "OH...can we REALLY count on a rookie in the clutch?" "What will happen the first time Tucker misses a clutch FG, it'll be the same criticism as it was of Cundiff", etc. (I'm still waiting for that.) Meanwhile, it WAS obvious that Tucker was the real deal and Cundiff was a flash in the pan. Yet the coaching staff dragged it out until the very end. Ultimately, they did choose Cundiff. But that same sense that they just didn't trust the rookie was evident.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    Yeah. I laughed when I read "They just wanted to see Dickson play". I think we've ALL seen Dickson play; that's the problem, not the solution.

;)
    exactly!!

Unless you are talking about a very few number of snaps under the guise of "giving Dickson a breather," I think benching Dickson this early pretty much ruins him for the year and signals the end for him as a Raven.

Not sure that is called for mid-game week 1, or even week 2 or 3. Dickson could have a great game against the Browns after all.

I do think the team could subtly throw in some reps for Juice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Unless you are talking about a very few number of snaps under the guise of "giving Dickson a breather," I think benching Dickson this early pretty much ruins him for the year and signals the end for him as a Raven.

Not sure that is called for mid-game week 1, or even week 2 or 3. Dickson could have a great game against the Browns afterall.
    Bench him? I'd cut him. I think it's a little late to be worrying about "ruining him". That cow is already out of the barn. Time to cut the loss and move on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post

Not sure that is called for mid-game week 1, or even week 2 or 3. Dickson could have a great game against the Browns after all.

I do think the team could subtly throw in some reps for Juice though.
    on 3rd and long did you not see dickson drop a pass that hit him right in his hands??? bench is generous at this time kick him the hell up outta here.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    Bench him? I'd cut him.
    LOL. Laughing with you, not at you. I appreciate the honesty. ;)

And I actually would not be upset if that occurred at all, but I think the chances it happens are approximately 0% at this point. (week 5 or 6 with several similar games as the Denver game, and I would feel differently about the chances)