Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Kenny Britt

Blog Entries

Re: Kenny Britt

Marlon Brown is on pace for 64 receptions and 880 yards. Now obviously he is going to start getting more attention from the defense instead of teams loading up on Torrey. Sorry but for the right pick and price I'd still take Britt. Due to our TE struggles we need to work more 3 wide single back sets with your solo TE bajema doing more blocking duties. TSmith Britt Brown would be one of the better triple sets in the league. Limiting Stokely to those critical 3rd down rotation and letting Jacoby focus on returning kicks when he's healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Agreed.

And welcome to the boards. Your first contributions have been solid, well thought out and rational.

Thanks for contributing.
    Thank you. Glad to be here!

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    There is a way it could work schematically.

If you are going to concede the lack of a quality TE until Pitta gets back, you need your WRs to take as much pressure off of the TE as possible.

Brandon Stokely is going to catch what is thrown his way, but you do not want to give him 50 snaps a game.

Marlon Brown has shown that he can also play in the slot and he has the physicality to hold up going across the middle.

He and Britt can split time outside, while Britt gets caught up on the offense, while Brown also splits time in the slot with Stokely to keep Stokely fresh.

For the right round pick and the right price.

Remember, the Ravens are probably only going to have money to pay top dollar to one WR and that will be Torrey. So, you'll have to get Britt to agree to a prove it deal.
    I think this is a fair point. I guess you could imagine a scenario where you basically let Stokley be your short crossing guy and if he gets beat up you still have Clark. You then use Britt for short flats and short sideline throws, allow Brown to be your slot guy with some Clark. Then you have as Smith your deep threat. As wonderful as Brown and even Smith have looked in the slot-I think Brown has more potential on the outside routes so it is still a stretch to make Britt fit into all this. Based on what I read (and I am far from "in the know") I get the vibe that Ozzie and Harbaugh are going to make a go out of what we have on the field and in the organization. Harbaugh seems to want this team to find its own way as it is, warts and all.

Quote Originally Posted by KingSerg View Post
    I think this is a fair point. I guess you could imagine a scenario where you basically let Stokley be your short crossing guy and if he gets beat up you still have Clark. You then use Britt for short flats and short sideline throws, allow Brown to be your slot guy with some Clark. Then you have as Smith your deep threat. As wonderful as Brown and even Smith have looked in the slot-I think Brown has more potential on the outside routes so it is still a stretch to make Britt fit into all this. Based on what I read (and I am far from "in the know") I get the vibe that Ozzie and Harbaugh are going to make a go out of what we have on the field and in the organization. Harbaugh seems to want this team to find its own way as it is, warts and all.
    I'm not disagreeing with your assessment of Brown, I'm just not sold on Stockley at 37 in the slot or as you suggested using Clark who seems to be hearing footsteps and isn't taking hits very well. It's possible both have reached their expiration date. Maybe it's not ideal for Brown, but he may be the best option for the slot.

Back on subject, I don't expect them to get Britt, but he's young and talented and would be an upgrade at WR for us. Caldwell is more flexible than Cam, he devises scheme that fits the talent. He'd be a steal for a 6th in a pipe dream.

We'll get Jacoby and Deonte back eventually and I expect to roll with what we have and work on establishing chemistry and continuity.
    Last edited by Bigfish; 09-18-2013 at 09:33 PM.

Blog Entries

The team is likely to roll with what they have. Thompson is another slot/outside prospect who could add some juice and Jacoby can be geared for a return following the bye.

The issue here is injury, because all of this is contingent on Brown and Smith staying healthy. If one of them goes down, you are in trouble.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The team is likely to roll with what they have. Thompson is another slot/outside prospect who could add some juice and Jacoby can be geared for a return following the bye.

The issue here is injury, because all of this is contingent on Brown and Smith staying healthy. If one of them goes down, you are in trouble.
    This is precisely the reason why I have been advocating that the Ravens trade for Britt. They have no depth at the WR position. There was a poster on this board who was advocating that the Ravens try to trade for Justin Blackmon of the Jags. A lot of other posters piled on him for making such a suggestion, because they said a team would never trade a Top 10 pick so soon after drafting him. Well, that has now been proven to be a false assertion. Maybe a trade for Blackmon or Cecil Shorts isn't so far-fetched after all.
    Last edited by Dirt1; 09-19-2013 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    This is precisely the reason why I have been advocating that the Ravens trade for Britt. They have no depth at the WR position. There was a poster on this board who was advocating that the Ravens try to trade for Justin Blackmon of the Jags. A lot of other posters piled on him for making such a suggestion, because they said a team would never trade a Top 10 pick so soon after drafting him. Well, that has now been proven to be a false assertion. Maybe a trade for Blackmon or Cecil Shorts isn't so far-fetched after all.
    Blackmon would be a beast for sure, but they won't give up a 1 for him.

If they are to trade for anyone from another team it would be better if they did it sooner rather than later because it's going to take some time to get them acclimated to the offense.I would think a wideout or TE would take longer than a RB to become familiar enough with the offense to become an effective weapon.

Adam Schefter tweeted this morning,

@AdamSchefter: Tennessee fielding offers for WR Kenny Britt and open to trading him, per sources. Team said it's not actively shopping him.

Not sure if Ravens are in the mix. I think patriots might be interested.

Blog Entries

we need some depth we are scarey thin and not much going on after Torrey Smith. Marlon Brown is coming along but not an impact just yet, our TE situation is just terrible. Unless Doss and Thompson come on strong and ball we are not in a good way receiving wise, to top it off we are not running the ball well at all.

Blog Entries

He has cracked ribs too and they would take pretty much anything to get rid of him. I doubt anyone makes an offer but who knows.

From the Titans board:

It'll have to be a conditional pick. I can't imagine it being more than 7th that changes to a 6th. He's injured. Can't catch. Can't separate from coverage. In the last year of his deal.

I guess someone like New England or Detroit could use him, but those are the only two teams that come to mind.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He has cracked ribs too and they would take pretty much anything to get rid of him. I doubt anyone makes an offer but who knows.

From the Titans board:
    thats my only knock on britt is his health, but to be fair to him he hasn't had a good QB down there in a long time, a change of scenery could change that for him. I wouldn't trade for him if i had a halfway decent receiving core but we don't have that right now.