Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good game!

Good game!

Hey Baltimore fans just wanted to say Good game from a Packers fan. I know it was sloppy on both sides. We gave up like 5 sacks and couldn't get any offense going till midway through the 3rd quarter. We missed a field goal, couldn't recover the blocked punt which gave you guys a first down. We gave up a 4th and 21 to almost blow the game. You guys had the big turnover before halftime which gave us a field goal then we had the goal line stand which turned out huge in the end. We both didn't play up to par and that is how it ended up. I wish you the best the rest of the season. We don't hate the Ravens, always respected that franchise and always had a soft spot for your team. I think you guys will bounce back against Pittsburgh. I will be rooting for ya to take them down.

Re: Good game!

Thank you. It was a horrible game from my perspective and the Packers clearly deserved to win. I hope the Ravens o-line gets settled out quickly... Good luck to GB... Hope to see you in the Super Bowl.

Blog Entries

That was not a good game at all.

That's not being a sore loser, it's just being honest.

The Ravens played about 5% as well as they're capable of. (On offense, I mean.)

The Ravens offense was sabotaged by horrendous, pee wee caliber playcalling. The Ravens have a very deranged way of using their 120 million dollar super talented quarterback.

The Ravens deserved to lose that game ten times over. It pisses me off that the game was close at the end. The Ravens should've lost by 30 points.

Maybe THEN they will actually fucking play to win games prior to the 4th quarter.

The coaches get an F for every single game this season, even the wins. The playcalling was terrible in all those wins too.

Okay, maybe I am a bit sore. But it's not towards the Packers or their fans. I LOVE the Packers for obvious reasons. (Superbowl 45, duh)

But it was not a good game at all, haha. It was a disgrace.

The game boiled down to 2 minutes and 4 seconds - and the Ravens D could not get a 3 & out to get the ball back.

Is it possible the Packers are just a very good defensive team?
    It's been the knock on them forever but it does seem like they are pulling it together this year. I had posted here before the game the Packers were 5th against the run and the Ravens were 6th.
    You'd be really hard pressed to say the Ravens had a bad defensive game. If not for one blown assignment this game could have gone either way.
    It's not impossible to say it: The Packers D is legit.
    I'm telling you from a Packer fan perspective I can acknowledge the Ravens D is solid. Great game against a good offensive unit.
    Hope to see you guys in the SB when both teams are over their growing pains and healthy and let's give this one another go shall we?

Blog Entries

I think they have a pretty solid run-D.

Their D definitely played well today. I was really impressed with Davon House and Micah Hyde.

I liked Hyde coming out of Iowa. Thought he was a good player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Only Ugly needs discussing.
    Interior oline. Play selection. Safety play. This team is dead in the water if they dont replace Gino. I doubt All pro Yanda and dominating KO forgot how to play football in 7 months.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgers View Post
    It's been the knock on them forever but it does seem like they are pulling it together this year. I had posted here before the game the Packers were 5th against the run and the Ravens were 6th.
    You'd be really hard pressed to say the Ravens had a bad defensive game. If not for one blown assignment this game could have gone either
    way.
    I'm telling you from a Packer fan perspective I can acknowledge the Ravens D is solid. Great game against a good offensive unit.
    Hope to see you guys in the SB when both teams are over their growing pains and healthy and let's give this one another go shall we?

Not likely, Ravens offense has been putrid all preseason and all 6 games. Packers defense had NOTHING to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgers View Post
    It's been the knock on them forever but it does seem like they are pulling it together this year......
    You came in giving up an average of 24 pts/g, 17th-best in the NFL.

Today, you gave up 17 pts to a team that averages exactly 20 offensive pts/g.

I'm not saying you guys are bad, but there's no objective evidence to support the claim to being "very good".

Congrats on the win though. Who knows? Maybe we'll see you again.

Blog Entries

Packer fans get a from me. There were many at the stadium, easily the most opposing team fans since the Dallas game last year, and there were not many (I saw none) assholes in the bunch.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post

I'm not saying you guys are bad, but there's no objective evidence to support the claim to being "very good".

So you're a stats guy? So you think those numbers define each team?
    You believe the Ravens are a 20 pts/game offense?
    YOU saw a poor Ravens Oline and I SAW a great Packers Dline. You saw a poor running game and I saw a great running D. It's perspective but there is no doubt in my mind these are two playoff bound teams.
    Do you account at all for points in garbage time? You know, end of game stats where the D is just not giving up an early score?
    It's my opinion that the Ravens and Packers are both teams in transition and it's not at all accurate to define them by their stats this early. Mark my words: these two teams will be in the playoffs and will make noise. They are undergoing transformations and that is precisely why I enjoyed the game so much.
    This was a tough battle between two very good football teams and you won't give props to the winners defense. Oh ok.
    Anyway, I'll be talking to you guys come playoff time.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post

In fairness when you have a team like the Pack that has a great offense, the defensive scoring average gets skewed. Other teams end up scoring a lot of garbage time points against prevent defenses.

My eye test was that the Pack was a very good run defense. In spite of the fact that we are a crappy run offense at this point, they have a ton of beef up front, and they penetrate.

Pass rush, even though they got to Joe, so much of that was free runners up the middle while our C and/or G blocked air. They did shut down Torrey, but the pass D didn't look like anything special to me. One fan's opinion.
    "Chin up, chest out."