Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenny Britt

Blog Entries

Re: Kenny Britt

If his knees are ok, then I would still trade for him. If he could be had for a 6th round pick, then the Ravens should still do it. JJ is the only other "proven" WR the Ravens have, and he will be out for at least another month. The Ravens have no quality depth at the WR position, and they have the cap room to make such a deal.

Blog Entries

On one hand, the Titans organization is not the classiest around.

On the other hand, Britt is not the classiest person around.

On one hand, there are questions about his knee, and his mind.

On the other hand, if you are going to play the vast majority of the season without a TE that doesn't SUCK, you'll need all the firepower at WR you can get.

On one hand, it might not make a lot of sense trading for him without agreeing to an extension.

On the other hand, a sixth round pick would be cheap for the potential, especially considering four comp picks are likely coming Baltimore's way.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    If his knees are ok, then I would still trade for him. If he could be had for a 6th round pick, then the Ravens should still do it. JJ is the only other "proven" WR the Ravens have, and he will be out for at least another month. The Ravens have no quality depth at the WR position, and they have the cap room to make such a deal.
    Dirty, I agree with you here. If the Ravens weren't expecting a playoff berth, then I wouldn't trade for Britt who would be a rental. However, your reasoning makes sense since our team will be thin at WR for the foreseeable future. If he can help us during this gap, and considering that 6th rounders are crap-shoots anyway, then why not? ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    On one hand, the Titans organization is not the classiest around.

On the other hand, Britt is not the classiest person around.

On one hand, there are questions about his knee, and his mind.

On the other hand, if you are going to play the vast majority of the season without a TE that doesn't SUCK, you'll need all the firepower at WR you can get.

On one hand, it might not make a lot of sense trading for him without agreeing to an extension.

On the other hand, a sixth round pick would be cheap for the potential, especially considering four comp picks are likely coming Baltimore's way.
    That's a lot of hands. IMO, the Ravens don't have the luxury to nit-pick about WRs or TEs. They need to add talent at those positions ASAP. If there weren't any question marks surrounding Britt, he wouldn't be available (assuming he is indeed available).

Rumours he's been cut

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Rumours he's been cut
    We need to grab him before the 49ers do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    We need to grab him before the 49ers do.
    If he's been cut after being benched for lack of effort I'm not sure who will go after him

Blog Entries

Rumours he's been cut
    If Britt has been cut, then I will be upset if the Ravens didn't at least offer a 7th round pick for him. If he has been cut, then he will have to clear waivers, and the Ravens will be picking pretty far down on that list. If some other team claims Britt off waivers, before the Ravens can select him, then wouldn't it have been more wise to offer a 7th round pick to make sure that they get him?

On the other hand, if a team claims Britt off waivers, then don't they have to guarantee his contract for the rest of this season? If he is signed as a FA after clearing waivers, his contract would not be guaranteed, and would those pose no risk at all for the team signing him.

Blog Entries

I don't think we touch him.

I'd imagine they'll wait for Thompson to be healthy and Jones to come back, before signing a head case and making another roster move.

Blog Entries

Rumours he's been cut
    Links?

Blog Entries

If Britt has to pass through waivers, he'd have to pretty much tell every team "Fuck you", twice, "I'm not playing for anyone except Baltimore", for him to clear.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Links?
    twitter, some dude from Tennessee that writes for them like Aaron wilson does us. Said he's off the team, I assumed cut