Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aaron Mellette

Re: Aaron Mellette

Easy now. We'll see Clark and Stokely in at least another 2 or 3 games. There is a reasonable chance they will round into shape and be serviceable. The guys we are clamoring for have done next to nothing. Clark and Stokely are proven vets who MIGHT have enough gas in the tank to help for a while. I'm more concerned about Dickson: A high draft pick, with years of NFL coaching and he is . . . what? a bust? not good enough to start?

My concern is at a more strategic level: we suffer injuries to ONE TE and ONE WR and all we have as "next man up" is UDFAs (Deonte, Marlon, Furst), a 7th rounder (Mellette), and some old vets no one wanted? Player development anyone?

Oh well -- call it a 10-6 season. and the post-season again.

Denver trains at altitude. I can almost guarantee that if you trained at sea level and went to Denver to play an NFL game (the first of the season) after only playing maybe four total quarters in the preseason, you would be gassed, too.

The problem for the offense was making a game plan based on Smith and Jones taking the top off the defense and utilizing the RBs and TEs to catch the ball over the middle. It was obvious by the fact they only dressed 4 WRS, choosing to have more fresh bodies on defense. Once Jones went down, the Ravens were left woefully short of available WRs, and the TEs didn't hold onto the ball. That's a bad mix.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Denver trains at altitude. I can almost guarantee that if you trained at sea level and went to Denver to play an NFL game (the first of the season) after only playing maybe four total quarters in the preseason, you would be gassed, too.

The problem for the offense was making a game plan based on Smith and Jones taking the top off the defense and utilizing the RBs and TEs to catch the ball over the middle. It was obvious by the fact they only dressed 4 WRS, choosing to have more fresh bodies on defense. Once Jones went down, the Ravens were left woefully short of available WRs, and the TEs didn't hold onto the ball. That's a bad mix.
    That plan was working to perfection until Broncos player Brynden Trawick hit Jacoby hard and took him out of the game. Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    That plan was working to perfection until Broncos player Brynden Trawick hit Jacoby hard and took him out of the game. Oh wait...

Now aren't you cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    What is the obsession with Thompson? Mines dtopped when he couldn't even beat out doss in camp.
    I would argue that Thompson didn't get the opportunity to beat anyone in camp. He got injured before anyone stood out. It was clear to me that the coaching staff thought he was having a great camp. Who knows what would have happened if he had been healthy for the Panthers game?