Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Injuries from last night?

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    There is your answer. We don't give up on high picks that easily.
    Teams in general don't but that's starting to change. You could see it this offseason where teams were cutting third year 2nd round picks and even some 1st round picks. Coaches don't want to get stuck with duds and even the best front office is going to make some mistakes. With the rookie salaries slotted you don't have to keep this mistakes around like you used to.

Jacoby is having an MRI today...prayers up that it's not too serious.

Oher wasn't in a boot, so that's good. We'll see how much he practices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Jacoby is having an MRI today...prayers up that it's not too serious.

Oher wasn't in a boot, so that's good. We'll see how much he practices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Ohers really looked like a knee injury but apparently is his ankle. which to me just me means its probably not too bad. Jones was a knee for sure and blinded sided from the side like that i wouldnt be surprised if the outcome was bad. Im still surprised Tarwick made the team over Brown, that play certainly didnt change my mind on that matter.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Teams in general don't but that's starting to change. You could see it this offseason where teams were cutting third year 2nd round picks and even some 1st round picks. Coaches don't want to get stuck with duds and even the best front office is going to make some mistakes. With the rookie salaries slotted you don't have to keep this mistakes around like you used to.
    I agree with the assesment that more high picks get cut early. But isn't that more common for teams that have changed HC and/or Gm than in teams with the consistency in personnel that the Ravens have enjoyed? Less emotional ties and wanting to see your own picks develop and an urge to set your own mark on the team.

Bill belichick did cut a few i think but other than that?

Truly hoping Oher and Jones are ok.

We are a thin team. Our starters look ok, but the offseason losses left us little bench depth.

IMO the team looked competitive with Oher and Jones in there. Both losses left glaring holes in what we were able to do. It let the defense tee off on us.

The good news is that with the Thursday game, the Ravens get first crack at the FAs out there.

The bad news is there's not much out there.

Why isn't Brandon Lloyd signed by anyone yet? If Jacoby's out for a while, he needs to get a call.

Marlon Brown looked ok last night, but his production was late, in mop up time. He needs to command more attention. That will come if he comntinues to catch TDs.

Looking at personnel, even a KR would be nice...Bobby Rainey to Cleveland hurts. Hated seeing Webb back there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HolyHaloti View Post
    I agree with the assesment that more high picks get cut early. But isn't that more common for teams that have changed HC and/or Gm than in teams with the consistency in personnel that the Ravens have enjoyed? Less emotional ties and wanting to see your own picks develop and an urge to set your own mark on the team.

Bill belichick did cut a few i think but other than that?
    The Steelers have been cutting recent draft picks and some young productive players like Johnathan Dwyer. The Packers also cut most of their 2011 draft picks including 3rd round pick Alex Green who led the team in rushing last year. The Patriots, Packers and Steelers are in the Ravens peer group along with the Giants. These are teams with long standing decision makers in place.

This is a trend that I can see Ozzie starting to jump on. There is a reason why Ozzie has been focusing on accumulating comp picks recently. It's similar to the Patriots trading around for more picks every year. That way they can dump someone early without being so upset about wasting a pick.

If I was a second year player I'd work my ass off to improve this year. It's not the lock that you'll be here for year 3 that it was in the past.

I'd much rather hide Reid at guard and kick Yanda out to tackle than put Wagner on Kruger.

Damn, I think I may agree.

Sharks circling the water now....
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    I'd much rather hide Reid at guard and kick Yanda out to tackle than put Wagner on Kruger.
    It wouldnt be a bad idea, but I would rather Yanda at Guard....I dont trust Reid next to Gradowski.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Then why is Reid still on this team? If a veteran 3rd round pick who has started games in this league can't beat out a rookie who was taken in the 5th round then he can't be very good. Reid is looking a lot like Cousins.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    Truly hoping Oher and Jones are ok.

We are a thin team. Our starters look ok, but the offseason losses left us little bench depth.
    IMO the team looked competitive with Oher and Jones in there. Both losses left glaring holes in what we were able to do. It let the defense tee off on us.

The good news is that with the Thursday game, the Ravens get first crack at the FAs out there.

The bad news is there's not much out there.

Why isn't Brandon Lloyd signed by anyone yet? If Jacoby's out for a while, he needs to get a call.

Marlon Brown looked ok last night, but his production was late, in mop up time. He needs to command more attention. That will come if he comntinues to catch TDs.

Looking at personnel, even a KR would be nice...Bobby Rainey to Cleveland hurts. Hated seeing Webb back there.
    I agree. And isn't it ironic? Several of us were bragging that the team was so incredibly deep that we'd lose lots of good players at cut down time. If we lost lots of good players, then we must have kept the poor ones.