Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Denver's Defense

They're without both of their best pass rushers and their best corner.

Offense wins games.
    Defense wins championships

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Joe was really bad in that game...I think he turned the ball over deep in our own territory twice with one going back for 6, and at one point threw something like 14 straight incompletions.

That's far from pedestrian.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Yeah, that was one of Flacco's and the offense's worst games ever. They essentially scored 3 net points: 10 legitimately scored points minus the 7 they allowed.

Our defense scored 3 TDs, and also got a turnover on the Jets' 23 yd line, which led to a FG after the offense went 3-and-out.

So basically our defense scored 24, our offense 10.

Also our defense essentially shut the Jets out that game. The Jets had one TD on a pick-6 and another on a KO return. The FG they kicked was on a drive that started in our territory after a punt.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    What Denver defense? It's really a sign of how the NFL has changed when the team that is considered by most to be the best in the NFL has so many holes on defense. It's as if that part of the game just doesn't count anymore.
    That may be the perception of things, but it's far from the truth. I think defense is still as important depending on what division your team plays in.

4. Re: Denver's Defense

They are without their two top pass rushers from last season, they are also without their top Corner. If we play up to our potential on offense. I don't see how we can't move the ball.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    They are without their two top pass rushers from last season, they are also without their top Corner. If we play up to our potential on offense. I don't see how we can't move the ball.
    Agree Bleed. I think they'll move it too. I expect a lot of points

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    What Denver defense? It's really a sign of how the NFL has changed when the team that is considered by most to be the best in the NFL has so many holes on defense. It's as if that part of the game just doesn't count anymore.
    Ironically out of all the years the Ravens were in the playoffs with Harbaugh, the one year they actually go all the way is the year that they have the worst defense under his tenure.

Just some food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Ironically out of all the years the Ravens were in the playoffs with Harbaugh, the one year they actually go all the way is the year that they have the worst defense under his tenure.

Just some food for thought.
    Well, keep in mind, our defense wasn't great during the regular season, when we went 10-6, and lost 3 games in a row. But, when we got to the play-offs, our defense and offense were both on fire. Defensively, we had already upgraded Ellerbe and Kruger to starters, and had gotten back Ray Lewis and Suggs.

Tonight I see a lot of passing from both teams. The Ravens going into the game with two real RBs and 2 FBs that can catch gives me hope. They are starting a nickel CB tonight in place of Champ and are having issues pressuring the QB without blitzing. If the Ravens play their cards right on offense, they should be able to run up and down the field to limit Manning's opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    Well, keep in mind, our defense wasn't great during the regular season, when we went 10-6, and lost 3 games in a row. But, when we got to the play-offs, our defense and offense were both on fire. Defensively, we had already upgraded Ellerbe and Kruger to starters, and had gotten back Ray Lewis and Suggs.
    They were on fire but even at that level of play they weren't better than the 2011 playoff defense. Or the 2008 for that matter.

They still gave up around 25-30 points in the 2nd half of the Super Bowl.

But in 2012 we got a) a good amount of lucky bounces and b) amazing offensive play (mainly by Flacco).

Just goes to show nowadays offense is of the utmost importance and it's really hard to win a Super Bowl regardless because you're gonna need some luck.

Blog Entries
    Our offense was far from "amazing" in the regular season, it shown flashes of brilliance in certain games, but was incredibly inconsistent. I'd say the 2010 offense to this date under the Harbaugh era was probably the most consistent regular season offense. The 2012 offense was really hit and miss until we got to the play offs.

Imo we should go up tempo more this year, as that's when our O looks it's best.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Our offense was far from "amazing" in the regular season, it shown flashes of brilliance in certain games, but was incredibly inconsistent. I'd say the 2010 offense to this date under the Harbaugh era was probably the most consistent regular season offense. The 2012 offense was really hit and miss until we got to the play offs.

Imo we should go up tempo more this year, as that's when our O looks it's best.
    I expect them to be much better without the cam cuffs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I expect them to be much better without the cam cuffs.
    Remember last year they started the year with no huddle. Eventually kind of got away from it though