Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Ravens to partner with State of MD to promote "Obamacare"

Waiting for the Ravens announcement of their position on using U.S. Military force in Syria! ;)

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens to Promote Obamacare in MD

Quote Originally Posted by houstonraven View Post
    loba ---

i think the issue is there involved in the first place. Go read the ravens facebook page or twitter feed. Plenty of people are supporters of obamacare but pissed that their sports team is getting into politics at all.

I;d be just as upset if the ravens came out and supported the nra and one could argue with the same reasoning's in your post -- if you took the time to really read what the nra says, get through the cacophay of lies, etc -- but that still doesn't make it right, smart or prudent.

people use sports to get away from politics, left or right.
    bingo!!!

If it comes down to it, I'll gladly take a pissed on PSL off of someone hands. :D
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens to Promote Obamacare in MD

Quote Originally Posted by bpmurr View Post
    http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch...are-enrollment

I don't think it's wise for the Ravens to be involved in something political like this. Even more so given how bad this law is turning out to be. Thoughts?
    I posted a link that the NFL wasn't gonna have anything to do with advertising
    O BUMMER CARE.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    The ACA is the law of the land and isn't going anywhere anytime soon. As far as I'm concerned it's no longer a political issue--it's now simply a government program that should be implemented and administered as efficiently and effectively as possible.

We can debate what specifically that's going to look like, but would anybody be complaining if local civic organizations were helping seniors sign up for Social Security or Medicare, or attend government-sponsored financial planning classes, or something of the sort? That is what the Ravens are doing and they ought to be commended for their community outreach.

Of course, the harsh reality is that there are powerful interest groups out there who want and need this program to fail in order to validate their politics, and let the people be damned if they suffer for it. They will stop at nothing to mislead the public, sabotage the program, and then declare victory at the slightest hiccup of their own creation!

This is straight out of the Medicare playbook. In the 60's Reagan, Bush Sr., and many others vehemently opposed Medicare and said it would destroy the country. Flash forward 40 years and Medicare is enormously popular and provides the best results of any health care program in the country.

They were right. It has destroyed the country. Medicare and Soc Sec contribute about
    50% of our national debt which is why the Ryan Plan wanted to streamline it and he
    was crucified but it destroyed the country as O BUMMER CARE will add trillions
    more.

Nobody cares about the debt especially the white females and spanish that voted
    for O BUMMER CARE. When asked at a DEM bash after the election, all the white females
    said they voted for OBY because of O BUMMER CARE. They like me paying $10 pr mo
    for their condoms. Then they were asked about the debt and they said what debt. Not
    one female knew about the debt or cared. Even my nephew who is a recent college
    grad laughed at me when I talked about the debt. I said don't ask me for more money
    like you did when you were stuck in Australia and couldn't get home when you're
    poor paying the taxes on O BUMMER CARE.

I'm paying about $100 pr mo for my plan which is great and pays for everything but
    a modest deductable. At 65 I have to go on Medicare by law and pay $111 pr mo
    for it and $100 pr mo for Aetna as a backup. My costs double.

That said, if I can't afford Medicare there's an agency in town that will pay it for
    me and thus the debt. I know retirees that pay the medicare but can't afford the
    supplement like Aetna.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 09-16-2013 at 11:10 PM.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

With the baby boomers like myself coming on board medicare's $24.8T (and that's
    likely an under-estimate) debt obligation
    comes to $212,000 pr house hold. Yup, it's sure popular but I didn't ask for it or SS.

They forced it out of my paycheck for years when I could have been investing that money.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...security_n.htm

Now we know why the team is doing it. Straight cash, homie!

Ravens received $130,000 from taxpayers to promote Obamacare ....

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/20...ote-obamacare/
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 10-23-2013 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    They were right. It has destroyed the country. Medicare and Soc Sec contribute about
    50% of our national debt which is why the Ryan Plan wanted to streamline it and he
    was crucified but it destroyed the country as O BUMMER CARE will add trillions
    more.

Nobody cares about the debt especially the white females and spanish that voted
    for O BUMMER CARE. When asked at a DEM bash after the election, all the white females
    said they voted for OBY because of O BUMMER CARE. They like me paying $10 pr mo
    for their condoms. Then they were asked about the debt and they said what debt. Not
    one female knew about the debt or cared. Even my nephew who is a recent college
    grad laughed at me when I talked about the debt. I said don't ask me for more money
    like you did when you were stuck in Australia and couldn't get home when you're
    poor paying the taxes on O BUMMER CARE.

I'm paying about $100 pr mo for my plan which is great and pays for everything but
    a modest deductable. At 65 I have to go on Medicare by law and pay $111 pr mo
    for it and $100 pr mo for Aetna as a backup. My costs double.

That said, if I can't afford Medicare there's an agency in town that will pay it for
    me and thus the debt. I know retirees that pay the medicare but can't afford the
    supplement like Aetna.
    So has the country collapsed yet? Just trying to keep track.