Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
I found this when searching for America's Game links...

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...and-96213.html

Couple things...

I'm in the "minority" that support Obamacare. At least, some portions of it. Without it, my wife may have been denied coverage under my insurance plan for Colon Cancer. We had coverage with her work when she was diagnosed, but with her treatments, she's been unable to work, so after being put on LTD for a year, they terminated her. Thus, we had to switch insurances to my job's plan. At the time, my work said that because of the AHCA, they couldn't deny us coverage. Threw in a line that they usually didn't deny it, but legally, they would've been able to tell us to get bent. I haven't seen much change in my work insurance plan, which is in all admission, a very good plan as I work for a big company. So I'll give that. But, I wanted to set the stage for the next part.

I think this is an INCREDIBLY dumb move. I support the AHCA, but this is one area that I don't think the Ravens need to be getting their hands into. The NFL already distanced themselves from it, and the Ravens just went on ahead and signed up. Doing it as a franchise just really sets you up for ridicule and questions that might distract from your true goal, WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES. I have yet to see what things they will do, maybe it won't affect day to day operations, but it has the potential to provide distractions IMO. Plus, it's the fact that you did this under the blanket of a WHOLE FRANCHISE. If a player wants to support it, great. But now you just signed up every employee and player of the Ravens to partner to support this iniative. If a player doesn't support it, do they decide not to sign here. Do they get punished if they decline to take part in pro-AHCA events/promotions?

Not liking this, and again, this is coming from someone who benefited from the AHCA.
Id agree with you on all accounts. I dont think its as bad as people are making it out to be. Frankly all you hear is the bad and not the good like you went through (which i believe theyre full of shit to say they wouldnt have denied you. Ive heard of too many people getting denied for it to be uncommon). I also would agree I dont think the Ravens should be supporting it publicly. Its not their place and im sure not everyone on the Ravens supports it, but now is linked to it.