Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: "They Hate us!" mode in full swing.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    So you basically said the same thing in a different way. So let me do the same.

If me and my buddies are sitting around having a beer, discussing .... oh I don't know .... the Ravens and one member of a ten person group says something kind of out of left field like .... of I don't know .... that the parody "What If" piece from the NFLN was a sign if overall disrespect from the media against the Ravens, they're going to get flamed for it. It's that simple.

And I am sorry you have bad expectations about message boards in general. YOU may practice the philosophy of only entering / contributing to threads you agree with but you're in the minority. The rest of us will give our $.02 on any thread that's started -- some will agree with you, some won't. Thus is the inherent nature of debates and message boards.
    Absolutely.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

This all comes down to Flacco IMO.
    Most media members I have seen don't believe he is a top 10 QB.
    So teams with "better" QBs are often ranked higher than our team even though we have had years of success.

And In my area (central Jersey) I can't tell you how often I had to hear how the Steelers were still better than us after we swept them in '11.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    I feel that ESPN is always gonna paint the Ravens as the heel. They frequently beat the golden boy franchises, like the Pats & Steelers, so they are always a worthy opponent. Somebody's gotta be the villain during a good story, and the Ravens are pretty compelling bad guy.... Nasty Defense with a lot Characters on it... Gritty Extremely Unsexy Offense with Vanilla QB running it. Oh well, so be it. I kinda view the Ravens as the current day Raiders in their 70s & early 80s heyday.
    trolled the Broncos board and they were talking about the Ravens as the new Raiders. Boo Hiss. Hee hee hee.
    I'm no jock but I've played enough sports to know that you get in that zone where you feel the ball and you know what you can do with it. I don't think that pass was really a fluke, I think JFlac was in that zone and knew what he could do.
    'what if' indeed.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    trolled the Broncos board and they were talking about the Ravens as the new Raiders. Boo Hiss. Hee hee hee.
    They hate the Raiders like we hate the Steelers.

They hate us like we hate/hated the Patriots.

Blog Entries

I can think of some better questions:

- What if the tuck rule never existed in 2001.
    - What if the Seahawks aren't called for some bogus penalty in the Super Bowl against the Steelers.
    - What if the Immaculate Reception never happened.
    - What if Montana didn't throw the ball to Dwight Clark.
    - What if Eli Manning's pass didn't stick to David Tyree's helmet.

Every Super Bowl winner has some good fortune. I guess at the end of he day these are all fun questions to speculate about. I don't see the ESPN question as any disrespect. The word "disrespect" is so over-freakin-used in the NFL anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    . Point spreads are designed to get even money on each side - not to evaluate who is going to win. The bookies don't give a rip about respect and disrespect. They care about making money.
    This. Bookmaking has almost nothing to do with the media and any perceived 'disrespect.'

Blog Entries

Ravens 2000 defense ranked 7th on NFL network top 10 defenses of all time list.

165 points in 16 games.
    16 points in 4 playoff games.
    12 takeaways in 4 playoff games.

Oh but they're fair.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post

165 points in 16 games.

Oh but they're fair.
    And ESPN had them #3. So?

Bitching about it isn't going to change things.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    And ESPN had them #3. So?

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post

165 points in 16 games.

Oh but they're fair.
    You act as if you have made a comparison here, but obviously you haven't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Actually, the shooter was in the storm drain below the grassy knoll. That's why JFK's head went back and to the left. I saw it on an X-Files episode and the assassin was The Cigarette Smoking Man when he was much younger.
    Yes!

Nerdism. I heart x files.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.